Barrow on Sunday.

Well another big game according to Chris and a Derby though they rarely bring many with them.

Once was confident we could beat them but with Sammit, Ritson, Stack and Foster they are as motivated as us for this fixture.

We desperately need a good following and performance to get the points and keep morale up.

• Like 1

We have matched Barrow a couple of times already this season , just need a bit of luck for a change ,they have a few match winners in their side , and one of them always seems to come up with the big plays ......probably echo the thoughts of Dewsbury and London , but why can you never have a home fixture against a side having a bad run (Widnes) , when you need one .

• Like 1

Another tough game. Theyre going well are Barrow and are always a side we seem to JUST fall short against. Seen they've brought a middle forward in on loan from Catalan also. Our lads can take confidence from.our last home game though so I'm hoping for another cracker of a derby. 

They’ve had some great results and should have beat Leigh by many accounts . They’ve speculated to accumulate and it’s paid dividends , good on them . I’d say overall they’ve just got to much for us but we’ll see 

Should be a good game and I am looking forward to it. Always seems to be a close game between us and for the derby form goes out of the window. Last time you played at home you beat London and they are not a bad side although they struggle to win it seems. 

Barrow have Miloudi back with Ritson and we also have a much needed prop incoming. Adding to that as previously mentioned we have Sammut, Forster and Stack so I think we will have a bit too much for town but should be a decent game and I could be wrong. 

I am going to go for a Barrow win 34-16 with Ritson the first try scorer. See yous Sunday. COYR.

On 08/06/2022 at 19:50, town4me said:

I honestly can't see us troubling the current barrow team. They have quality in key areas that won't have come cheap and are going well this season

I've a feeling that J. Sammut Will come back and haunt us with a master class in tactical kicking. 

Edited by Andrew Newton
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

You also have to stop Forster, Miloudi and Ritson as well unfortunately. Not likely but would love us to get one over on their arrogant supporters. UTT.

They have a more than decent squad down in the cul de sac, full of talent in fact.........and I think we would be quite arrogant too if we were holding sixth in the table rather than our current plight. 

But if Town are in the right mood from the off it could be a shock result. Here's hoping UTT.

• Like 2

It’s outstanding really that they got promoted with us and have lost only 5 out of 14 , and one of those was by two to Leigh . Certainly from where we stand this league looks really tough and unforgiving , but they splashed out big to hold their own and they’ve done that and more . They invested to have a proper championship squad and we have a league one squad in the main 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s outstanding really that they got promoted with us and have lost only 5 out of 14 , and one of those was by two to Leigh . Certainly from where we stand this league looks really tough and unforgiving , but they splashed out big to hold their own and they’ve done that and more . They invested to have a proper championship squad and we have a league one squad in the main 

That's correct they have done a great job in building a good squad for this divisition, but I put that down to the hard work of the field getting the supporters behind them and building financial stability when they introduced the grounds own beer gardens, this put the money in the bank for them to recruit well when they got the chance, and just look at the support they receive at the home games, plus a great coach like cresta who can get the best out of a player. I would love a win but I think we will struggle, but I would be just as happy if the lads put up a good show against them with all the players giving 110%. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Forster killed us last time, stop them getting off their own line and stop him crashing over and we'll have a chance. Miloudi well that's another matter.

Yes your right. That first half down there we just let them do what they wanted, led by Forster, and suffered the consequences. While I know Sammut and Miloudi weren’t playing we won the 2nd half 12-4 so hopefully we turn up for the full 80, get in their faces and give a wholehearted display. Given the difference in quality between the 2 squads I don’t think we can ask for much more. 

2 hours ago, IanMac said:

Given the difference in quality between the 2 squads I don’t think we can ask for much more. 

Yes Ian given the difference in quality between the 2 squads is the vital factor here. 

So Town had to go through the 2021 play offs to achieve promotion - and think I've read on here that it was tantamount to us not being able to plan/recruit 'early doors' as it were.......and therefore the best available player talent was snapped up before Town could react. ( is that true?)... Therefore we end up with "a League 1 squad playing in the Championship"......and that saddens me to hear it said.

But come on I see plenty of recruitment, of good quality i.e. Championship personnel, still in progress - even Barrow have again snapped up some newbies recently. Granted we've took on some loans too but- and I stand to be corrected - they are not Championship material - as yet. (I guess you'll name some who possibly are?) Maybe we need to go down and regather winning momentum it's just that League 1 isn't attractive is it?

.....Anyway hopefully tomorrow brings the best out our lads and a decent performance  lifts my spirits accordingly....UTT.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Yes Ian given the difference in quality between the 2 squads is the vital factor here. 

So Town had to go through the 2021 play offs to achieve promotion - and think I've read on here that it was tantamount to us not being able to plan/recruit 'early doors' as it were.......and therefore the best available player talent was snapped up before Town could react. ( is that true?)... Therefore we end up with "a League 1 squad playing in the Championship"......and that saddens me to hear it said.

But come on I see plenty of recruitment, of good quality i.e. Championship personnel, still in progress - even Barrow have again snapped up some newbies recently. Granted we've took on some loans too but- and I stand to be corrected - they are not Championship material - as yet. (I guess you'll name some who possibly are?) Maybe we need to go down and regather winning momentum it's just that League 1 isn't attractive is it?

.....Anyway hopefully tomorrow brings the best out our lads and a decent performance  lifts my spirits accordingly....UTT.

Being a derby game, I would have liked to go to the Town match tomorrow, but it clashes with Havens home game. "However" I think you are being far to critical regarding not recruiting players for the for the Championship, at the time majority of opinion on this forum with the exception of recruiting the extra 1 or 2  the team was good enough to compete in this league. No one realizes the huge differences between the quality of the leagues until they get there. Barrow had the advantage of their previous experience of Championship rugby and they used it to plan and improve their set up and recruitment to maintain a Championship club.

41 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

Being a derby game, I would have liked to go to the Town match tomorrow, but it clashes with Havens home game.

Yeah once again we clash......as do, local to each other, Batley and Dewsbury.....the fixture planners do us no favours do they?

It used to be avoided....even if the cup ties were drawn as both at home they would rearrange it......

As regards my moan about Town squad you imply the bad experience will end up being good for the club....ok then roll on 2024......UTT.

Edited by chromedome

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Totally agree.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

23 hours ago, chromedome said:

They have a more than decent squad down in the cul de sac, full of talent in fact.........and I think we would be quite arrogant too if we were holding sixth in the table rather than our current plight. 

But if Town are in the right mood from the off it could be a shock result. Here's hoping UTT.

Fair point mate, but they were arrogant when they were utter ####. It's maybe a Lancasire thing, looking down their noses at us Cumbrians.🤣 Seriously though I've never had a problem with Barrow, I think they are now a superbly run club with great home support. I remember wanting them to win in the couple of finals I've watched them in, the Lancashire Cup and play off final which they both won. Was that play off final in the Johnston hey day to get in to Super League. 🤔 Hope they travel in their numbers today and have a safe journey. For the vast majority who've never ventured up here it will be best to use sat nav, just type in 'God's country' or safer still  take the train. 😎

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, townie88 said:

need to roll the dice and try some off the cuff stuff with the ball if we are to trouble them today. Hope for a good crowd

Like the odd offload in the tackle rather than just hitting it up over n over