Barrow on Sunday.

I was, pre match, thinking we probably wouldn't get the two points today. So my trepidation proved correct. (I always pray that I could be wrong).....

However it was the furthest thought in my head that Town would suffer one of the most embarrassing defeats of the decade, or even longer in past time - not that I can be ar***d to check it out. The last try was kids stuff - and to suffer the songsters from South Cumbria, very South Cumbria, singing 'can we play you every week' just made the hairs on the back of my neck bristle with anger - obviously others (hairs)are not present above my neck lol. So where do we go from here? Over to you Directors/Coaching staff/lovely voluntary workers et al........

Incidentally I'm told, via the grapevine, sadly, that the Town Coach reacts badly to fans negative opinions - but that is surely part of the circle of Rugby League life?  (well in fact all sports too)So it's ok to take the cheers and bouquets, but be aware of days like today and handle it with a professional attitude - like I say it's all in the game.

Today will bring another test for our man at the helm for sure.

I've seen some awful 80 minutes in the 60 years as a Townie......but oh marra..

• Like 8

Couldn't make the game today but had it on the radio and and it wasn't good listening the last 2 games have been the worst if the season and especially after the win last week 

Some off the players just aren't up to the standard required to get us out off this position and some just don't give the effort needed 

Chris really needs to hold his hands up and be held accountable for these results 

Days like today really don't help especially with the club putting on entertainment on at the club and promoting the fanzone 

17 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I was, pre match, thinking we probably wouldn't get the two points today. So my trepidation proved correct. (I always pray that I could be wrong).....

However it was the furthest thought in my head that Town would suffer one of the most embarrassing defeats of the decade, or even longer in past time - not that I can be ar***d to check it out. The last try was kids stuff - and to suffer the songsters from South Cumbria, very South Cumbria, singing 'can we play you every week' just made the hairs on the back of my neck bristle with anger - obviously others (hairs)are not present above my neck lol. So where do we go from here? Over to you Directors/Coaching staff/lovely voluntary workers et al........

Incidentally I'm told, via the grapevine, sadly, that the Town Coach reacts badly to fans negative opinions - but that is surely part of the circle of Rugby League life?  (well in fact all sports too)So it's ok to take the cheers and bouquets, but be aware of days like today and handle it with a professional attitude - like I say it's all in the game.

Today will bring another test for our man at the helm for sure.

I've seen some awful 80 minutes in the 60 years as a Townie......but oh marra..

I’ve been going for 60 years + and never seen a smaller , slower Town side than the current one.

League 1 and obscurity beckons.

• Like 4

When was the last time Jamie doran turned up for a game? 

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 minute ago, bobg said:

I’ve been going for 60 years + and never seen a smaller , slower Town side than the current one.

It, did 4 matches ago. Simply not good enough but to get beaten on your own patch is disgraceful. I do not like picking on players but the last try that Mr Young was involved in just go's to show that he not good enough for even Div1. The whole team looked has though they did not want to play in the game, but to lose the game by 58 points to NIL!! just proved it. Thorman has take the blame for this, A lot of fans will say that you can only play with what you have but that's no excuse for that, the two Welsh lads are simply not good enough, Riley was in the crowd but not sure about Matty, hopefully he will be back for our next game. So we have Widnes for our next home game and hopefully they will give us fans something to watch, but we are definitely going down and I hope to god we have a club and players for next season. 🏉🏉🏉

7 minutes ago, anok4u said:

When was the last time Jamie doran turned up for a game? 

Chris rates Thomas and he  seems to have become the main fulcrum in attack.  I don’t know , I’m not sure what our game plan is now tbh . The little decent ball we do have we look disjointed , blunt and our end of sets are terrible 

Edited by DavidM

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Barrow have spent a fair bit of cash so no suprise really.  Effort from town was poor though 

What is it with you  and Barrow spending money? 10 of those players have played for a number of seasons now and most are locals or Cumbrians. Yes  they signed Sammut and Woods  and Langtree and Iaria but isn't that what teams are meant to do in order to challenge and stay up? It hasn't broke the bank and Barrows connections with loan players have been impressive when called to do so. How much has moving your coach to live up there and on full time terms cost? I'd say close to 2 class Championship signings at least. Then those Welsh lads won't be cheap and are no better than you already had. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Chris rates Thomas and he  seems to have become the main fulcrum in attack.  I don’t know , I’m not sure what our game plan is now tbh . The little decent ball we do have we look disjointed , blunt and our end of sets are terrible 

I would play Thomas at stand off, Doran seems to be heading to Whitehaven and that is all he is thinking about really poor display from our main man?. 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Not sure how you can call him a good coach with the recent results and selections, and man management plays a big part of being a good coach,  i hope the rumours are not true that Egremont could be welcoming Henson back 

Edited by Townie987

4 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Do we have another week off now?

Seriously backed thorman all the way but I'd expect the likes of Cornwall and was Wales be looking forward to playing us with that type of 20 minute performance.

Doran to haven i just don't see

I can't see it either him and a director apparently don't see eye to eye

20 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

Bore off. How did haven get on 

Given that he’s been told there’s better players than him in his position in the squad  it might not be far off the truth. Must be a bit demoralising when you see who’s getting selected. Difficult to believe really when he is one player who has a bit of X factor about him. 

7 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Given that he’s been told there’s better players than him in his position in the squad  it might not be far off the truth. Must be a bit demoralising when you see who’s getting selected. Difficult to believe really when he is one player who has a bit of X factor about him. 

Hiya Ian......are you saying JD has been told that??....by who??

Edited by chromedome

To see Henson dropped is shocking, from the top to the bottom is a joke, i love town home and away but this season is embarrassing, the board which is full on nobodies no money very little idea, take note barrow!! Commercial side, By the looks of things fallout wid thorman yor finished, local lads etc, need change , but realistically season over, hope im wrong but dnt think so

1 hour ago, bobg said:

Piet Pretorious's debut in August 1961, it was also mine.........BTW he was faster than Ritson....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chromedome said:

Hiya Ian......are you saying JD has been told that??....by who??

No, I was replying about Matty Henson potentially going back to Egremont Keith. He was told that by the coach apparently, although just terrace talk, but it did seem to have some truth in it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IanMac said:

No, I was replying about Matty Henson potentially going back to Egremont Keith. He was told that by the coach apparently, although just terrace talk, but it did seem to have some truth in it.

Spoke t him earlier, thorman telt him we ad better players in his position 🤔