Barrow on Sunday.

Simple analysis of the game: embarrassing, your not telling me that a full time rugby coach can think that Alex young is a better choice than Alex clegg is beyond me. To not score or even threaten a single point against a mid table team like Barrow is as bad as it gets. To make a 35 year old Jarrod Sammut look like a 21 year old jt is a kick in the ######.  We’re an average league 1 side playing at a level beyond our means is what we need to acknowledge. We’re not staying up, Jesus we’ll be lucky to win 1 more game, bad heap as my old fella used to say 

• Like 3

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

38 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Didn't think I'd see the day Doran played for Haven...

Seriously would haven take Jamie? Give your head a wobble, nowhere close to champ level 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

17 minutes ago, IanMac said:

No, I was replying about Matty Henson potentially going back to Egremont Keith. He was told that by the coach apparently, although just terrace talk, but it did seem to have some truth in it.

Ok Ian....................things can only get better eh.

1 minute ago, chromedome said:

Ok Ian....................things can only get better eh.

Don’t know when Keith. Think the board need to have a long hard look at what’s happening. Not sure they can do a lot though when there’s 2 1/2 years left on a contract but something needs to change or we’ll be a bottom of the table league 1 side next year. But if one of our better players is being told that, coupled with all the other players that’s left it makes you wonder what’s going on. Still, look on the bright side I’m away for the Widnes game 😊

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Talking to barrow fans, there commercial side and money making schemes make town look like amateurs, not surprised

Enlighten the Town bod,i am sure they would appreciate your imput,not having a dig ,just being genuine marra.

Edited by Andrew Newton
  • Like 2

All said and done that was a derby which means a lot , and should mean a lot to players . On top of that with what we have  left it should be seen as a game to target . So lots of motivation there … but you wouldn’t think it from watching . That was bitterly disappointing . We made a good competent side look like worldbeaters and never remotely looked like landing a glove on them . Some guys there not good enough and some not putting in it , and a small few who go to the well for us over n over again . On Henson , to me he’s one of our best and few threats . Who’s better , that’s just crazy 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, wonky said:

Seriously would haven take Jamie? Give your head a wobble, nowhere close to champ level 

On this season's form I doubt it mate, Jamie from a couple of season ago they'd take but it's if he can rediscover that form, the last 2 coaches Town have had have been top draw half backs in their playing career, which makes you think, if they can't help him get fit and take his game to the next level then who can?? 

Reading this the credit Chris has in the bank is quickly running out and it's easy to see why. Our style of play is terrible at the minute, and our recruitment is worse. No offence to the Welsh lads but I don't see how they improve our squad over the local lads that have left and either gone back to the community game or gone to other clubs. Would the two lads who have just signed for Keighley not rather have played in the championship? Surely their agents will have hawked them around the clubs.

We aren't even close to challenging mid table teams and realistically have very little chance of staying up. If we were competing but losing I think most would accept that. But not scoring and conceding heavily regularly isn't good enough and the gates will reflect this for the rest of the season. 

Just not acceptable, and I feel sorry for some of our players! 

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

When was the last time Jamie doran turned up for a game? 

One of the tries towards the end, can't remember which one there were so many, they passed to our left and the look on his face said "oh s#it I'm gonna have to run and make a tackle" . Of course he couldn't because he's too slow. How many times did Forber take the ball in because there was nothing else on , clueless and pathetic.

2 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Think the board need to have a long hard look at what’s happening.

Which brings me to wondering will we get a response on here, or even posted anywhere, from a Director to appease (even slightly) those of us who input on the Forum.

Probably not is answering my own question......not sure if any of the BOD read our always well meant posts - communication from them is not a strong point. By the way who is the current Workington Town Chairperson?

I made good friends with many in the 'chair' during my vol years i.e. Kevan Gorge, Kenny Wilson, Steve Williams, George Graham, Geoff Tubman all good guys of yesteryear.......and willing to communicate with fans.............

Hello is anyone at Derwent Park listening now??

5 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

One of the tries towards the end, can't remember which one there were so many, they passed to our left and the look on his face said "oh s#it I'm gonna have to run and make a tackle" . Of course he couldn't because he's too slow. How many times did Forber take the ball in because there was nothing else on , clueless and pathetic.

That last try was just ridiculous..........

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

All said and done that was a derby which means a lot , and should mean a lot to players . On top of that with what we have  left it should be seen as a game to target . So lots of motivation there … but you wouldn’t think it from watching . That was bitterly disappointing . We made a good competent side look like worldbeaters and never remotely looked like landing a glove on them . Some guys there not good enough and some not putting in it , and a small few who go to the well for us over n over again . On Henson , to me he’s one of our best and few threats . Who’s better , that’s just crazy 

Couldnt agree more ...i spent most of the game with a dunces hat on ,yet that result far outweighs any embarrassment of wearing the hat...First 20 aside ,it was carnage today..

• Haha 1

Some comments are a bit extreme. I agree Henson is one of the first names on the sheet for alot of us. There wernt many who had a good game today, Fitzy, Barnes and O'brien apart. 

Remember we are realisticly in competition with Dews, London and maybe Haven. The manner of defeat wasn't good at all today but its how we perform against the teams around us that matter

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Fair point mate, but they were arrogant when they were utter ####. It's maybe a Lancasire thing, looking down their noses at us Cumbrians.🤣 Seriously though I've never had a problem with Barrow, I think they are now a superbly run club with great home support. I remember wanting them to win in the couple of finals I've watched them in, the Lancashire Cup and play off final which they both won. Was that play off final in the Johnston hey day to get in to Super League. 🤔 Hope they travel in their numbers today and have a safe journey. For the vast majority who've never ventured up here it will be best to use sat nav, just type in 'God's country' or safer still  take the train. 😎

Is that chip still on your shoulder ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Exactly, i dnt think we av any better, just guna sicken local lads, massive loss if he goes back t amateur

I suppose that great talent Ciaran Walker will be the next to be shown the door. Thorman you've lost most of the fans with your signings, selections and alienation of the locals in favour of bang average travellers. Prove us wrong. Make all the excuses you want that was disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Which brings me to wondering will we get a response on here, or even posted anywhere, from a Director to appease (even slightly) those of us who input on the Forum.

Probably not is answering my own question......not sure if any of the BOD read our always well meant posts - communication from them is not a strong point. By the way who is the current Workington Town Chairperson?

I made good friends with many in the 'chair' during my vol years i.e. Kevan Gorge, Kenny Wilson, Steve Williams, George Graham, Geoff Tubman all good guys of yesteryear.......and willing to communicate with fans.............

Hello is anyone at Derwent Park listening now?

Comunicate with fans???😂😂

2 hours ago, chromedome said:

I was, pre match, thinking we probably wouldn't get the two points today. So my trepidation proved correct. (I always pray that I could be wrong).....

However it was the furthest thought in my head that Town would suffer one of the most embarrassing defeats of the decade, or even longer in past time - not that I can be ar***d to check it out. The last try was kids stuff - and to suffer the songsters from South Cumbria, very South Cumbria, singing 'can we play you every week' just made the hairs on the back of my neck bristle with anger - obviously others (hairs)are not present above my neck lol. So where do we go from here? Over to you Directors/Coaching staff/lovely voluntary workers et al........

Incidentally I'm told, via the grapevine, sadly, that the Town Coach reacts badly to fans negative opinions - but that is surely part of the circle of Rugby League life?  (well in fact all sports too)So it's ok to take the cheers and bouquets, but be aware of days like today and handle it with a professional attitude - like I say it's all in the game.

Today will bring another test for our man at the helm for sure.

I've seen some awful 80 minutes in the 60 years as a Townie......but oh marra..

Was awful.