Barrow on Sunday.

Just now, Rodders2010 said:

Paint brush keep us up?

No but would help out from the bottom to help the club.

Your correct marra - just slate everyone at the club from your phone - far easier thing todo. Spot on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

hard working and committed volunteers. The top to bottom includes the people like the ticket sellers or the ones who were sweeping up the litter off the terraces today

Yep , correct . 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MIG45 said:

Not entirely sure how you can say top to bottom is shambolic. Yes today was a very poor performance but let me give you a bit of a more reasoned perspective....

The gap between league 1 and the Championship is absolutely huge in terms of quality. Barrow came up with us and have spent a hell of a lot of money to put a side together that's capable of staying up and even possibbly pushing for the playoffs. 

Town simply didn't have that type of money available at the start of the season so were unable to recruit that calibre of player. We know there's now some money available however there's a limited pool of players to recruit from (this is shown by us having to use the french league and loans). The lack of money available is through no fault of the board or the club in general. The club have tried many things to try and boost income, fan zone, reduced ticket prices, allowing kids in for free etc. 

We also need to remember we were the last team to be confirmed as a Championship club last year due to the playoffs, this in itself put us at least 4 weeks behind everyone else in terms of recruitment, immediately at a disadvantage to everyone else. We had a very good squad capable of earning promotion but everyone was aware that squad would struggle to make the step up and as highlighted above we've struggled to get the recruitment right for a number of reasons, most of these reasons being outside of both Chris' and the board's control.

Hopefully you might see things from a different point of view now, as said above today was very poor but your comments about the club being shambolic are also very poor and very harsh in my opinion. Would you rather we chucked £££'s we didn't have into signing players and likely still getting relegated anyway? Could be the end of the club if that was the case...

Barrows side is full of locals and have a added a few, but we were drawing with them last year with pretty similar side, they have recruited well, we haven’t we’ve brought in players who haven’t improved the side and have let players go who are better than the players brought in… we have a full time coach which should be showing us why he’s full time imo

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

No but would help out from the bottom to help the club.

Your correct marra - just slate everyone at the club from your phone - far easier thing todo. Spot on.

I go home and away, sure i entitled to my opinion? Surely time for a change of coach? Same tactics and results apart from London

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Yep , correct . 

A lot of good people behind the scenes putting a lot of hard work in to the club and work tirelessly to keep it going,  its the same at every club, so people cant be blamed for what is happening on the field,

Edited by JMB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JMB said:

A lot of good people behind the scenes putting a lot of hard work in to the club and work tirelessly to keep it going,  its the same at every club, so people cant be blamed for what is happening on the field, that come down to one person.

18 persons

27 minutes ago, JMB said:

The only team he would get in to locally would be one of the basket ball teams at the sports centre. 

Played OK today, did the pair of you go to the match?

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

4 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Yes, got stuck in today and ran the ball in for the team well. No worse than anyone else, think it was the last try he gave away that people are remembering.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

YES, played ok? Did you go? Played well first 20 mins, so u happy the way we played fot the next 60 mins?🤔

On about Alex Young, yes i was there and I'm as piddled off as anyone thought it was embarrassing like I said previously.

• Thanks 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yes, got stuck in today and ran the ball in for the team well. No worse than anyone else, think it was the last try he gave away that people are remembering.

I don't think people will ever forget it 🙈

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

What bout the other 9 tries to our zero tries we remember? Not good enough and cant see us improving unfortunately with thorman as coach

Bit of the rose tinted glasses syndrome [ or whatever you call the opposite]

A player can have an absolute stinker then score the winning try and hes an hero.

Equally you have an ok / average game and you make a mistake  at the end[a stinker in this case] and you are useless.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Totally agree, not his biggest fan but to be fair he did ok today, yeah big mistake at end but these things happen whren you are up against it, impressed by his pace when chasing Ritson , he covered a lot of ground and wasnt far behind him at try line, deserves credit for that effort

• Like 5

I wish all the fans had walked out when that final whistle went... would speak volumes. 

The only winner at the minute is sizzling Simon... the queue was huge and that was when the game was still being played... showed folk would rather go for chips than watch that performance today. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Workington74 said:

I didnt see many town fans leaving early you half wit, would like to see how many Barrow fans would have been there at the end if the boot was on the other foot 🙄

I would have done the same as the majority of Town fans and left. You need to get your eyes tested though if you didn’t see any home fans leaving early.

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

What bout the other 9 tries to our zero tries we remember? Not good enough and cant see us improving unfortunately with thorman as coach

Hallelujah you’re finally getting the hang of it, blaming the only person that makes the playing decisions not everyone else, shaking head thingy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I would play Thomas at stand off, Doran seems to be heading to Whitehaven and that is all he is thinking about really poor display from our main man?. 

Honestly cant see Doran in a Haven shirt anytime in the near future!!!!

HW