Barrow on Sunday.

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Played OK today, did the pair of you go to the match?

Couldn't get today but from the games I have attended he wouldn't be on my team sheet,  and i don't think any pro club coach would entertain him either. 

On 11/06/2022 at 10:41, IanMac said:

Yes your right. That first half down there we just let them do what they wanted, led by Forster, and suffered the consequences. While I know Sammut and Miloudi weren’t playing we won the 2nd half 12-4 so hopefully we turn up for the full 80, get in their faces and give a wholehearted display. Given the difference in quality between the 2 squads I don’t think we can ask for much more. 

I thought you competed for the first 20 of each half today as well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yes, got stuck in today and ran the ball in for the team well. No worse than anyone else, think it was the last try he gave away that people are remembering.

He wasn't the only player that made a  mistake today tho pal,  I could name quite a few who let in trys today but won't , but he's the one that gets slated every time he does things wrong , Christ I bet he loves playing in front of his own supporter's knowing his every play is going to be scrutinized. 

• Like 5

I am amazed at the comments on this forum tonight.

We had a very bad day  one of the worst I can remember in a Derby that I can remember. Unfortunately I was not at the game but had to listen to the radio  and as they said we were unlucky or never got the rub of the green. That was for the first 25 min or so before Sammuts grubber hit the post and he scored. We then coceded a second try an interception on their line and we fell away to be 22 down at half time. We had chances but we didn't take them. They had the luck of the bounce  we didn't.

Second half first 20 minutes we competed then we went to pieces as we were overun by a load of ex town players.

Yes the result I'd embarrassing and we are all hurting  as will the coaching staff  players, directors and volunteers.

The coach has made many wrong calls on signings and selections but he is the best option going forward if he is man enough to accept that.

Now is not the time to tear the club apart but to take a deep breath and move on. We have to get to the end of the season as best we can if we are to have any future as a club next season

I will be at the Leigh match and expect a better performance then

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

We had a very bad day  one of the worst I can remember in a Derby that I can remember. Unfortunately I was not at the game but had to listen to the radio  and as they said we were unlucky or never got the rub of the green. That was for the first 25 min or so before Sammuts grubber hit the post and he scored. We then coceded a second try an interception on their line and we fell away to be 22 down at half time. We had chances but we didn't take them. They had the luck of the bounce  we didn't.

Second half first 20 minutes we competed then we went to pieces as we were overun by a load of ex town players.

Yes the result I'd embarrassing and we are all hurting  as will the coaching staff  players, directors and volunteers.

The coach has made many wrong calls on signings and selections but he is the best option going forward if he is man enough to accept that.

Now is not the time to tear the club apart but to take a deep breath and move on. We have to get to the end of the season as best we can if we are to have any future as a club next season

For such a long post you missed so much off, like a short kick off that they caught, we never laid a finger on them and 1 minute later we're kicking off to them again. Like the body language of some players looked like they didn't want to be there, I could go on and on. A big crowd was there today a lot won't be back for a while and a funny feeling they won't be back to watch West Wales next year. Opportunity missed!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

"The coach has made many wrong calls on signings and selections but he is the best option going forward if he is man enough to accept that"

Sorry, but why are paying supporters supposed to accept mediocrity when there is obviously so much wrong at the club and any information coming from DP lately has been patchy at best.

Supporters finding out from the Oldham twitter feed that Dec O'Donnell had joined them on loan being a typical example of what's happening lately, rumours of unhappy players wanting to leave to return to the amateur ranks......

At the end of the day its the supporters who pay the wages to keep the club afloat, we are the major shareholders and without us there is no club, so why are we continually being kept in the dark?

I was all prepared to give Chris Thorman a chance in League One next season, but after the last two gutless performances I don't think he's the man for this job, and the more defeats we take this season the harder it will be to a) retain our better players for next season and b) attract new players.

I'm not for one minute saying he's a bad coach, but maybe he's a good right hand man at a club with plenty of support (ie: Super League) rather than being a head coach of a lower league club, either way we are in a pickle and are basically stuck with him for another 30 months as there is no money to buy out his contract and I can't see him doing the honourable thing and resigning.

If he is staying then there needs to be an open and honest conversation with supporters and explain what's gone wrong, how it can be fixed and what plans and structures are being put in place now to mount a challenge for promotion next season, anything less than openness and honesty at this point will see what support we have dwindle back down to the 500/600 mark again.

I didn't expect us to stay up this season, but I did want to see effort, commitment and communication, and sadly all three have been missing

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, tec said:

Probably because it was sung around 75 mins and you had left 👍

Didn't see many if any Town fans leaving until the final whistle went and I was there to the bitter end and never heard it sang. Did hear bye bye bye as we were walking out, after the game had finished, although it could to hear them singing something other than barra, barra. 🙄 Good turn out from your lot yesterday, well done.🙏

Wow alot of fickle and negative comments on here about everything associated with the club. Yes it was a bad result yesterday, but it is an over reaction on here. Yes the club can improve but off the field progress is being made to improve support in what is a difficult market to entice supporters to. As fans we can defo scrutinise players and CT but some comments are way off. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, tec said:

I would have done the same as the majority of Town fans and left. You need to get your eyes tested though if you didn’t see any home fans leaving early.

And you need to get your ears tested if you think they sang  that song during the game  it didn't happen and the vast majority of gutted Townies were there at the final whistle. Worky74 is right, you lot would have left at halftime, but then you wouldn't have brought a taxi full if you were bottom of the league and deffo going down. Arrogant and deluded.😠

• Sad 1

Just think after the good season last year getting promoted,the club waisted a great opportunity to build on the squad and go forward,all the club had to do is keep the squad from last year an add 3 or 4 players, size was needed.now the club as to build and Start again,just hope cumbrian players still want to come to town and give it a go.

• Like 2

I feel your pain.

I and other Hurricanes supporters travelled hope to Oldham yesterday and then could not believe what we saw ( and didn't see). I can confirm that Dec had a cracking game for Oldham and the Yeds fans I spoke to are delighted that he is there on loan.

You will see from my signature below that I am a Barrow fan ( my home town and my first love)  25 years ago I got involved in RL in the midlands hence the split in allegiance. That said if there was any other team to do well it its Town. I love reading the passion on this forum and believe me there is at least one Barrow supporter that hopes you can stay up.

The good times will come again UTT

• Like 8

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Didn't see many if any Town fans leaving until the final whistle went and I was there to the bitter end and never heard it sang. Did hear bye bye bye as we were walking out, after the game had finished, although it could to hear them singing something other than barra, barra. 🙄 Good turn out from your lot yesterday, well done.🙏

I was in the main stand and lots left well before the final whistle. I was surprised by the numbers. 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

And you need to get your ears tested if you think they sang  that song during the game  it didn't happen and the vast majority of gutted Townies were there at the final whistle. Worky74 is right, you lot would have left at halftime, but then you wouldn't have brought a taxi full if you were bottom of the league and deffo going down. Arrogant and deluded.😠

You need to stop biting and snapping out with all this "Would have done this/would have done that" childish nonsense.

We in Barrow know all about what it's like being in the relegation zone and looking up at our neighbours from up the coast lording it about doing better than us, and we've been at the receiving end of heavy defeats - this season too. 

Quite a few of us came up to Workington last year to watch the play off games and wanted you to survive but when I read some of the rubbish that you and other of your club's supporters come out with, I might not bother in future.

Sort your own club out before having bitter and pointless digs at others - and try and not take the bait when someone's looking to get a rise out of you for goodness sake.

• Like 7

A result I definitely didn’t expect as a Barrow fan. Hoping that you stay up as we need all the Cumbrian clubs up in the Championship. Had a good laugh with some of your supporters and even went for a pint at the pub after the match with them. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, anok4u said:

For such a long post you missed so much off, like a short kick off that they caught, we never laid a finger on them and 1 minute later we're kicking off to them again. Like the body language of some players looked like they didn't want to be there, I could go on and on. A big crowd was there today a lot won't be back for a while and a funny feeling they won't be back to watch West Wales next year. Opportunity missed!

The biggest problem apart from the on field performances are the amount of local players we are loosing, good young players that could be the future of the club, what happened to the 5 year plan building a local spine of local players to drive the club forward. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Well said

11 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

we were unlucky or never got the rub of the green. That was for the first 25 min or so before Sammuts grubber hit the post and he scored. We then coceded a second try an interception on their line and we fell away to be 22 down at half time. We had chances but we didn't take them. They had the luck of the bounce  we didn't.

I don’t think it’s luck or the rub of the green . The first try we couldn’t clean up, the second try a poor pass was thrown right to Miloudi , and we had a couple of chances but messed them up .  Our execution and quality isn’t good enough . Overall we didn’t threaten them and after they’d established a lead they controlled the game and contained us very easily , they just ground away until they capitalised late on . It was all extremely comfortable and some of our efforts in a big game were very substandard 

Yes wer'e all gutted and disgusted with having to watch that painful experience, but take a look at the league table before yesterdays result. Look at the points for, the points against, the matches won and the matches lost. We all know where we are and that's lower than a snakes belly! The rot set in at Town long before yesterdays match. My biggest problem is I've been lucky to have seen all the great Town sides, from standing on a brothwell and mills lemonade crate behind the Town end sticks at Borough Park and seeing all the great players of the era through to the Peter Walsh days when we were riding on the crest of a wave, and all the mediocre stuff we have to witness now and the many downs in between those great times. Regarding the choice of players , and just an observation, both Gus Rismans team and Peter Walshes teams had some pretty big tackle bursting forwards in them! Oh happy days.

Some familiar names calling for Thorman’s head as they have done for just about every other coach we have had over the years at the first opportunity - you know who you are - as if there is some great saviour out there.

This season’s recruitment and retainment has been a complete mess for sure and we will be in league 1 next year. I will see what sort of team we build around some existing excellent players (well… I could name 6 or 7?) before I give up on him. 

• Like 2