Jump to content

Barrow on Sunday.


Recommended Posts


Just now, homeandawayer said:

I suppose that great talent Ciaran Walker will be the next to be shown the door. Thorman you've lost most of the fans with your signings, selections and alienation of the locals in favour of bang average travellers. Prove us wrong. Make all the excuses you want that was disgraceful.

Agree, club from top to bottom is a joke at the minute, from the board to the coach, shocking

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have just suffered the train journey down from Workington to barra and believe me it wasnt easy wanky wanky workington was song quite a thew times 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know everybody hurting like me. 1st 20 minutes we held them(even contest) then mistakes cost tries knock on drop balls etc. Same 2nd half 1st 20 minutes we held them. Then last 15 minutes embaressing etc. But 2 weeks ago against london was agood performance and win. How can we play 1 week like that then be awful next. Hope the lads on crutches,are not to badly injured(think must people forgot about that but no excuse).  So we had 2 subs less to use.  2weeks off now to get sorted for newcastle. Hope we can see steve back in action soon.

Edited by David69
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tec said:

Is that chip still on your shoulder ?

If I had a chip on my shoulder which I certainly haven't ) why would getting battered by you lot get rid of it. Typical cul de sac brain dead individual, just enjoy your win.🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pmac said:

i have just suffered the train journey down from Workington to barra and believe me it wasnt easy wanky wanky workington was song quite a thew times 

Didn't hear that in the ground, wonder why 🤔

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

If I had a chip on my shoulder which I certainly haven't ) why would getting battered by you lot get rid of it. Typical cul de sac brain dead individual, just enjoy your win.🙄

Oh dear at least it’s a balanced view you’ve a chip on both shoulders 😂

Edited by tec
Wrong quote
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Didn't hear that in the ground, wonder why 🤔

Probably because it was sung around 75 mins and you had left 👍

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Absolutely embarrassing

Away man you are only happy it seems when there’s summet to twine about, it wouldn’t besobad if you were fair and balanced,but we never hear from you unless we are sh#t which to be fair is more often than not,today was bad enough with out you being the happiest on here 😡

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Agree, club from top to bottom is a joke at the minute, from the board to the coach, shocking

Very harsh that marra. Garbage today no doubt about it ..But theres a lot of hard working people behind the scenes at town that i feel for .Where do we go from here ? ,pretty obvious were going down ,and God only knows what happens then.!! Its never nice to get a tonking ,but we are getting more and more of them and i cant see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by Andrew Newton
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I suppose that great talent Ciaran Walker will be the next to be shown the door. Thorman you've lost most of the fans with your signings, selections and alienation of the locals in favour of bang average travellers. Prove us wrong. Make all the excuses you want that was disgraceful.

Bang average description over  rates some of them marra, better players moved on or allowed to leave as seen as not good enough!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andrew Newton said:

Very harsh that marra. Garbage today no doubt about it ..But theres a lot of hard working people behind the scenes at town that i feel for .Where do we go from here ? ,pretty obviuos were going down ,and God only knows what happens then.

Ye Maybe harsh, but u got to agree top to bottom is shambolic, even directors say some players are unavailable when speaking to them they are available but telt better players picked ahead of them, even though they are our best players

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rodders2010 said:

Ye Maybe harsh, but u got to agree top to bottom is shambolic, even directors say some players are unavailable when speaking to them they are available but telt better players picked ahead of them, even though they are our best players

Without sounding funny ,can you enlighten me ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Agree, club from top to bottom is a joke at the minute, from the board to the coach, shocking

Very easy to say negative things about everyone in the club - especially the hard working and committed volunteers. The top to bottom includes the people like the ticket sellers or the ones who were sweeping up the litter off the terraces today when you were ranting.

Instead of hurling insults at everyone regardless who they are, its maybe an idea if you volunteer to help out around the club - with your hard work and commitment it may become less chaotic.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Ye Maybe harsh, but u got to agree top to bottom is shambolic, even directors say some players are unavailable when speaking to them they are available but telt better players picked ahead of them, even though they are our best players

Not entirely sure how you can say top to bottom is shambolic. Yes today was a very poor performance but let me give you a bit of a more reasoned perspective....

The gap between league 1 and the Championship is absolutely huge in terms of quality. Barrow came up with us and have spent a hell of a lot of money to put a side together that's capable of staying up and even possibbly pushing for the playoffs. 

Town simply didn't have that type of money available at the start of the season so were unable to recruit that calibre of player. We know there's now some money available however there's a limited pool of players to recruit from (this is shown by us having to use the french league and loans). The lack of money available is through no fault of the board or the club in general. The club have tried many things to try and boost income, fan zone, reduced ticket prices, allowing kids in for free etc. 

We also need to remember we were the last team to be confirmed as a Championship club last year due to the playoffs, this in itself put us at least 4 weeks behind everyone else in terms of recruitment, immediately at a disadvantage to everyone else. We had a very good squad capable of earning promotion but everyone was aware that squad would struggle to make the step up and as highlighted above we've struggled to get the recruitment right for a number of reasons, most of these reasons being outside of both Chris' and the board's control.

Hopefully you might see things from a different point of view now, as said above today was very poor but your comments about the club being shambolic are also very poor and very harsh in my opinion. Would you rather we chucked £££'s we didn't have into signing players and likely still getting relegated anyway? Could be the end of the club if that was the case...

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr Frisky said:

Very easy to say negative things about everyone in the club - especially the hard working and committed volunteers. The top to bottom includes the people like the ticket sellers or the ones who were sweeping up the litter off the terraces today when you were ranting.

Instead of hurling insults at everyone regardless who they are, its maybe an idea if you volunteer to help out around the club - with your hard work and commitment it may become less chaotic.

I cant release money and sign players, dnt think me selling tickets will keep us up, according to rumours we have money for players? Obviously not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

I cant release money and sign players, dnt think me selling tickets will keep us up, according to rumours we have money for players? Obviously not

Maybe so but as you think the whole club is shambolic- if you maybe pick a paintbrush up or something and help out it may mean you do your bit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rodders2010 said:

Alex young league 1 player at best

 

The only team he would get in to locally would be one of the basket ball teams at the sports centre. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...