Dogs v thunder predictions.

Dog forever

Dogs 30 Thunder 10

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Surprised that the Thunder fans are being so negative. No team with Brad Day, Ukuma Ta'ai and a couple of Wigan loanees in it is going to roll over. Maybe they're trying mind games with us hoping we'll underestimate them. Still think we'll win but don't see a scoreline like 60-6! Will be happy with a win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RogerT said:

If I remember correctly this will be his 3rd time this season. don't you like him The dogfather. 

As a lad, he seems decent enough, but as an official he is absolutely appalling.

However, I personally don't think his officiating in our games is helped by the fact he was a regular at the Mount for many years. He seems so hell bent on making sure nobody can accuse him of favouring Batley, that he has gone to the other extreme.

I have heard the argument that referees are professional, and do not favour teams, but surely they will have been introduced to the game as supporters. Therefore, I will never be convinced there is no affinity/unconscious bias towards certain teams. 

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Was you there for his last time reffing us roger , think it was against London , he gave everything against us

Hello Batley Bob, Yes I was there against London and I think the other match was against the Navy in the Challenge Cup, lets put it this way if Batley didn't commit the fouls then they wouldn't have got penalised. It would be intriguing to go back to the League Express and see what the penalty counts were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Hello Batley Bob, Yes I was there against London and I think the other match was against the Navy in the Challenge Cup, lets put it this way if Batley didn't commit the fouls then they wouldn't have got penalised. It would be intriguing to go back to the League Express and see what the penalty counts were.

6-4 against the Navy in our favour which would sum it up because we had 70% of the procession 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

6-4 against the Navy in our favour which would sum it up because we had 70% of the procession 

Hi KTF have you got it for London.

As a  local football referee myself for many years I can say that there were teams that you sometimes didn't look forward to reffin, and some  teams I knew very well I can honestly say that when your out in the middle any bias goes out the window your there to do a job and you give what you see, also don't forget when you have two other officials there to assist and don't do there job very well which often happens you can be made to look a lot worse, and remember things always look worse especially when things aren't going your way! Remember the bravest man on the field is always the one with the whistle in his hand! Although I can say he's not always the brightest! 😂

• Like 1

On 10/06/2022 at 16:24, bromleybulldog said:

Surprised that the Thunder fans are being so negative. No team with Brad Day, Ukuma Ta'ai and a couple of Wigan loanees in it is going to roll over. Maybe they're trying mind games with us hoping we'll underestimate them. Still think we'll win but don't see a scoreline like 60-6! Will be happy with a win.

Say whattt??? 

• Haha 2

Competitive first half when Thunder had the elements, but didn't have our go forward and the second half domination always seemed likely. Thought we played some good stuff and all 17 played well 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: