Problematic? Not problematic. FA WSL is now just WSL.

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The suggestion we should use 'Premiership' 

I.e. 'i don't understand' as in 'I think it's a bad idea' rather than 'i am confused'

The suggestion wasn't just the Premiership though. There are posts leading up to that which you have either not bothered to read or have completely ignored.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm obviously in a minority but I have always liked SL as a term....sure in women's soccer and netball it's used but is unique still in men's sport

Apart from Turkish football and the Pakistan T20 Cricket comps.

35 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf domestic ice hockey has pretty much got a monopoly on Elite League and it doesn’t seem to have done much for their visibility 

And Speedway...

• Like 1

If we’re wanting to move away from Super League because of connotations and links to other sporting competitions, using a former title of one of the biggest sporting competitions on the planet and comfortably the biggest in the UK, probably isn’t such a good idea either. 

Edited by Jughead

16 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Russian handball too.

But I know you didn't want to mention that because it was too obvious.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

24 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

And Speedway...

Speedway did cross my mind but I wasn’t sure. Suppose it underlines that a fairly unique name doesn’t necessarily mean greater brand recognition.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Is it not just a case of Adam Hills being an Aussie and they always refer to it as being league? He certainly always does.

I think it started that way, but Helen Skelton has definitely continued that too.

Imagine the current Super League Logo with "RUGBY" across the top. Can have just that as the badge for playing shirts etc. and could even go all MLS and have each logo be in the colours of the club its on the jersey of.

Rugby('s) Super League.

Seeing as though the top division is there to decide the champion team in the season, surely we should call the top division the Championship. 

Oh, hand on a minute...

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Damien said:

The suggestion wasn't just the Premiership though. There are posts leading up to that which you have either not bothered to read or have completely ignored.

I read them all.

You said this.   

"I think the Rugby League Premiership sounds rather good. I'd much prefer that."

I commented specifically on you saying it 

WIthout being insulting explain what you think I have missed

13 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I read them all.

You said this.   

"I think the Rugby League Premiership sounds rather good. I'd much prefer that."

I commented specifically on you saying it 

WIthout being insulting explain what you think I have missed

I mean again this is quite clear. Someone said the Rugby League Premiership. I thought it was good. That was in reply to various replies quoting each other.

Again it's quite clear if you bother to read threads properly. You don't, hence nonsnsense like this. Just move on.

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Imagine the current Super League Logo with "RUGBY" across the top. Can have just that as the badge for playing shirts etc. and could even go all MLS and have each logo be in the colours of the club its on the jersey of.

Rugby('s) Super League.

Don’t forget we went down that route a LONG time ago 

1B15DC10-18B5-4584-A89E-36558D8D2C7B.png

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Don’t forget we went down that route a LONG time ago 

1B15DC10-18B5-4584-A89E-36558D8D2C7B.png

It was never referred as such though, and was that "Super Rugby League"? It wasn't widely used iirc (beyond the badge), and essentially amounted to just changing the badge.

I'm talking a total re-emphasis of the name to Rugby in the entire branding and lexicon of the sport, with Super League coming second.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

It was never referred as such though, and was that "Super Rugby League"? It wasn't widely used iirc (beyond the badge), and essentially amounted to just changing the badge.

I'm talking a total re-emphasis of the name to Rugby in the entire branding and lexicon of the sport, with Super League coming second.

The ‘S’ logo is more prominent so I would suggest it is Rugby Super League. Of course, it just shows someone must have thought of it at some point but there wasn’t a game wide strategy to run with it. 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The ‘S’ logo is more prominent so I would suggest it is Rugby Super League. Of course, it just shows someone must have thought of it at some point but there wasn’t a game wide strategy to run with it. 

Ngl mate, I think someone just wrote rugby on the badge and that was that...

11 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

We should be the ERL (for European Rugby League).

Easy to remember and three letters like NRL, EPL, WSL etc. You get the RL bit in there too so it’s not some naff standalone like Super League with no real reference to the sport. Sorted 😎

It'll upset some people though...

• Like 1