Worst value for money half backs in 2022?

Worst value for money half backs in 2022?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Worst value for money half backs in 2022?

• Widdop/Williams
    • Reynolds/Gale
    • Austin/Sezer

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

800k on a 2.1 salary cap.  One is probably exempt but jesus, that is painful. Would ask those much more versed in the game than me is it down to the forwards not being great and then players not being able to perform? 

Then again,  if you shell out so much Cash on two players it leaves you weaker everywhere else. 

300k on the salary cap, remember

Next year I expect a hungry Riley Dean  playing behind a much better pack will help keep Williams off this list.

That is, of course, unless Wire sign Dufty and he turns out to be a duffer. 

This all assumes Warrington aren’t playing in the lower leagues too… Lordy, thanks be for Toulouse this year. 😕

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

18 hours ago, Dunbar said:

As I said in my first post, I accept that injuries play a part, and I would never blame a player for being injured, but we are talking value for money here. 

If you are happy with what Leeds have got from Austin and Sezer this year then fine.

difficult as I have no idea of salary/costs... Austin has improved recent games but needs to adjust or vary his field kicking, Sezer has been injured and not played many games this season. So I guess not playing lessens the value Leeds are getting from him.

15 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Ahh ok. Thanks. Not bad in terms of cap but ugly everywhere else. 

yup, its rumoured that williams is on ridiculous money,

but, i stand by my comment above, hull have a much vaunted pack and set of props, they've no excuse for their halfbacks being ineffective with that platform to work off.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2022 at 17:33, Dallas Mead said:

I’ve gone for my boys (Widdop/Williams) mate over your boys.  Widdop has been the best out of those 4 for me, and your 2 have been diabolical, but what swings it is (a) Williams has been a massive disappointment and (b) between them they’re on allegedly £800,000 per year.  Wow.  Shocking…..

It's pretty obvious why Wigan didn't try that hard to get Williams to keep to his agreement then.

I’ve gone for my boys (Widdop/Williams) mate over your boys.  Widdop has been the best out of those 4 for me, and your 2 have been diabolical, but what swings it is (a) Williams has been a massive disappointment and (b) between them they’re on allegedly £800,000 per year.  Wow.  Shocking…..

It's pretty obvious why Wigan didn't try that hard to get Williams to keep to his agreement then.

Seems like just yesterday there was a thread about Rugby League players not earning enough for playing one of the toughest sports in the world. Now we have a thread where people are angry that the players are being paid too much.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Seems like just yesterday there was a thread about Rugby League players not earning enough for playing one of the toughest sports in the world. Now we have a thread where people are angry that the players are being paid too much.

It’s literally only a handful of people out of hundreds though.  The vast majority get a pittance for putting their bodies on the line every single week….

6 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

It’s literally only a handful of people out of hundreds though.  The vast majority get a pittance for putting their bodies on the line every single week….

But on another thread you have said all players should be on at least £240,000 a year and yet when a player earning that isn't playing as well as we think he should be, we call it a disgrace. 

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

But on another thread you have said all players should be on at least £240,000 a year and yet when a player earning that isn't playing as well as we think he should be, we call it a disgrace. 

This particular player is playing sheet and is (probably) the highest paid player in the game - thus the criticism.  I’m calling generally for greater pay for ALL players in the sport.  Given that the salary cap has not moved for over a decade.  Shameful.

22 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

I should think Wakefield, with Miller and Lino, will look at these posts and have a good chuckle. They are getting value for money.

And beating Warrington three times to boot. Plus that Golden Point win over Hull with Gale unable to drop a goal.

19 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Plus that Golden Point win over Hull with Gale unable to drop a goal.

Do you mind?...I'm doing my best to forget that!

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Human Punk said:

Josh Reynolds is truly woeful. Did FC think they were buying Adam Reynolds? They'd be better off with Ben.

Widdop occasionally looks like a good player, and Sezer's been unfortunate, so finances aside, I have to go for the Hull horrors.

Even Debbie Reynolds would have been better than Josh.