Worst value for money half backs in 2022?

Worst value for money half backs in 2022?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Worst value for money half backs in 2022?

• Widdop/Williams
    • Reynolds/Gale
    • Austin/Sezer

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

From the article.

"As for Reynolds, it's understood that his initial preference is to remain in the UK for the remainder of the season, though only one current Super League club, Warrington Wolves, has a quota spot."

If Warrington took him, that would be hilarious. 

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think Reynolds' response to criticism on social media sealed his fate, topping off his poor showing at Catalans.

Easily one of Hull FC's worst ever signings and time to draw a line and put it behind them.

As for Reynolds, exactly what he has to offer to any RL team is difficult to pinpoint but very little sounds about right, sadly.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

After paying Reynolds record money to play for them Hull FC have now decided it's better to pay him record money to not play for them.

May be an image of 1 person and money

• Haha 2

It does make you think how often big names, and especially half backs, from the NRL do well in Super League. An awful lot seem to come for completely the wrong reasons. The likes of Blake Green and Jai Field, younger players with a point to prove, seem to fare much better.

On 19/06/2022 at 14:35, Damien said:

It does make you think how often big names, and especially half backs, from the NRL do well in Super League. An awful lot seem to come for completely the wrong reasons. The likes of Blake Green and Jai Field, younger players with a point to prove, seem to fare much better.

I do genuinely think that there are a lot of mediocre halves that have come from the NRL who are decent at the technical stuff, can move the ball, can kick well, make their tackles etc. but the ones we are picking up are not the match winners. I'm thinking the likes of Tyrone Roberts. Technically solid is not what we should be aiming for in our comp. 

• Like 2

Final confirmation that Josh Reynolds has left the building :

https://www.hullfc.com/blog/2022/06/22/reynolds-departs-hull-fc/

On the Hull FC Official Facebook page, they've put a post up with a photo of Luke Gale with the caption :

"Happy Birthday to Luke Gale - Have a great day"

Underneath it, some wag has put :

"You're next!"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

On the Hull FC Official Facebook page, they've put a post up with a photo of Luke Gale with the caption :

"Happy Birthday to Luke Gale - Have a great day"

Underneath it, some wag has put :

"You're next!"

🤣 Sounds like Hull are doing a remake of the Film "I know what you did last summer" 🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 13/06/2022 at 13:20, Faithful1865 said:

I should think Wakefield, with Miller and Lino, will look at these posts and have a good chuckle. They are getting value for money.

I doubt they were chuckling much yesterday.

On 20/06/2022 at 18:17, Dave T said:

I do genuinely think that there are a lot of mediocre halves that have come from the NRL who are decent at the technical stuff, can move the ball, can kick well, make their tackles etc. but the ones we are picking up are not the match winners. I'm thinking the likes of Tyrone Roberts. Technically solid is not what we should be aiming for in our comp. 

Nope, but while we have automatic P&R, coaches will go for reliable if uninspiring or inexperienced every day.

56 minutes ago, Ant said:

Nope, but while we have automatic P&R, coaches will go for reliable if uninspiring or inexperienced every day.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, I think there is a hope that some of these players will come and be stars, because of the pedigree they have and the fact that SL is a different style. 

They soon move these solid players on when they don't do anything. 

• Like 1