Liam Finn

Hugh Jarce

13 minutes ago, silverback said:

Stu Dickins would do a great job i reckon.Finn would just be same old same.all the best with it.

Do you have an objective analysis for either claim?

Dickens has no head coaching record, I believe. Finn was active in coaching at Wakefield and Halifax.

Why would one be "same old" yet the other do "a great job"?

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

51 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Do you have an objective analysis for either claim?

Dickens has no head coaching record, I believe. Finn was active in coaching at Wakefield and Halifax.

Why would one be "same old" yet the other do "a great job"?

Stu has been involved with fev lions.acadamy sides at fev and many years as caretaker coach alongside other assistants at wakey, Am sure you mentioned him yourself a while back too, But if you think finny wont be one a the lads then go ahead,if you do the same you will get the same. why not ask the fans.

Edited by silverback

25 minutes ago, silverback said:

Stu has been involved with fev lions.acadamy sides at fev and many years as caretaker coach alongside other assistants at wakey, Am sure you mentioned him yourself a while back too, But if you think finny wont be one a the lads then go ahead,if you do the same you will get the same. why not ask the fans.

Might it be worth waiting to find out who the coaches are before we start falling out? Personally, if it is Finn then an assistant from elsewhere would be good. Most of all we need a man manager.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Might it be worth waiting to find out who the coaches are before we start falling out? Personally, if it is Finn then an assistant from elsewhere would be good. Most of all we need a man manager.

It's official Liam Finn is the new coach, so you can start falling out now if you want 😁

https://dewsburyrams.co.uk/2022/06/13/finn-announced-as-new-head-coach/

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, silverback said:

Stu Dickins would do a great job i reckon.Finn would just be same old same.all the best with it.

I know which one I'd want and he didn't get it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

If Liam Finn comes in and is allowed a totally fresh back up team then good stuff. If his old playing cronies remain like Sykes, Knowles etc then tell me what is going to change. Fresh staff required. Totally different outlook required. There are some good young players in the squad use them correctly please.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

If Liam Finn comes in and is allowed a totally fresh back up team then good stuff. If his old playing cronies remain like Sykes, Knowles etc then tell me what is going to change. Fresh staff required. Totally different outlook required. There are some good young players in the squad use them correctly please.

We might have to wait until next year for what you want SS, but I reckon Knowles and Sykes will retire after the current season.  

Legs, Dews, Legs.

33 minutes ago, silcoates said:

I wish Liam ,of coarse all the best of luck.But once again a bad move.Was the job advertised!  A quick decision may be needed but not this. A complete new approach was required.

Are you ever happy? It is a new approach, whoever was given the job will be a new approach. He's played at a good level under some good coaches and he's well respected throughout the game. If you get the chance listen his interview on YouTube, interesting. Let's get behind him and give him and the players that he selects our support. 

• Like 5

A few years back before his second playing spell as the club I saw Liam at the Gym. I was wearing one of my many Dewsbury shirts and this prompted him to stop and chat to to me. I remember him say he loved his time at the Rams and would definitely come back if it was right. True to his word he did! I believe he wanted to end his playing career at a club he has a genuine connection at, and this could we'll be a good appointment (I do hope so). 

IMO the damage is now done and a small miracle is needed to prevent us dropping to CH1 & Liam has an uphill battle on his hands. Every assistant who aspires to be head coach has to start somewhere, and I honestly believe he's here not just to further his career but because he has a real empathy with the club. Some of the noises coming from Fax suggest the fans could see his input as a second. Personally I am happy with his appointment

Like he says if he can get us playing & entertaining for the full 80 and most importantly picking up the wins, who knows?

Welcome back Liam, and good luck

• Like 3

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Are you ever happy? It is a new approach, whoever was given the job will be a new approach. He's played at a good level under some good coaches and he's well respected throughout the game. If you get the chance listen his interview on YouTube, interesting. Let's get behind him and give him and the players that he selects our support. 

Alf next -ARF-ARF

17 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

100% this 

nothing to lose now and if the worst happens Finn gets a good look at the youngsters he may want to keep next year

• Like 1

...... I don't understand the "anti" attitude towards Sykes and Knowles -- those guys have done so much to help keep us up in seasons past and could well do again this season -- especially if Knowles is allowed to play a more expressive game and use the little defence-breaking tricks he's done in the past. Sykes has put his body on the line so many times and I'm sure at the start of this season the intention was NOT to play him in every game -- but circumstances have changed that and he also has never given less than 100%.

I don't see either of them carrying on next year whether we're relegated or not and that means a massive recruitment job whichever division we're in ...... IF Ferguson, Walton & Annakin remain 'unavailable' then we really need some experience in to help the promising youngsters develop .........and there ARE a number of them !!

I've no doubt Finny has his ideas & thoughts already -- he's taken on a hell of a job when he could have played safe and stayed at Fax so let's give the guy 100% in every way we can...... The decision to make changes has been made and the process started -- but it's NOT an overnight fix.

Good luck Liam !!

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

...... I don't understand the "anti" attitude towards Sykes and Knowles -- those guys have done so much to help keep us up in seasons past and could well do again this season -- especially if Knowles is allowed to play a more expressive game and use the little defence-breaking tricks he's done in the past. Sykes has put his body on the line so many times and I'm sure at the start of this season the intention was NOT to play him in every game -- but circumstances have changed that and he also has never given less than 100%.

I don't see either of them carrying on next year whether we're relegated or not and that means a massive recruitment job whichever division we're in ...... IF Ferguson, Walton & Annakin remain 'unavailable' then we really need some experience in to help the promising youngsters develop .........and there ARE a number of them !!

I've no doubt Finny has his ideas & thoughts already -- he's taken on a hell of a job when he could have played safe and stayed at Fax so let's give the guy 100% in every way we can...... The decision to make changes has been made and the process started -- but it's NOT an overnight fix.

Good luck Liam !!

Finn always struck me as a thinking player like Richard Agar. He's not promising the world, just to play a bit more rugby. He's coached at Trinity as Head of Academy and as  Halifax Assistant, so he's plenty of Championship experience and very well regarded so might be able to get some players in. Might even get one or more of Annakin, Ferguson and Walton back.

He knows the club, knows the players, has the tactical nous and if he can motivate the players, then there's still hope. Unfortunately, it's a tough ask with the fixtures left but we only need to be one point better than London. And if not, a successful season in L1, might be a springboard to better things like Barrow and Keighley have shown.

5 hours ago, silcoates said:

I wish Liam ,of coarse all the best of luck.But once again a bad move.Was the job advertised!  A quick decision may be needed but not this. A complete new approach was required.

Who are you thinking might have wanted the job and would have been better?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Who are you thinking might have wanted the job and would have been better?

You tell me the other candidates and i'll let you know.But you can't because it's a secret society at Dews. Just a few people even get a team sheet.One thing Liam ,being a sparkie might be able to fix that pathetic looking scoreboard . I'll keep putting a few quid in that jar in the royal suite in the hope we might get a player that might make a big difference. 

12 hours ago, silcoates said:

You tell me the other candidates and i'll let you know.But you can't because it's a secret society at Dews. Just a few people even get a team sheet.One thing Liam ,being a sparkie might be able to fix that pathetic looking scoreboard . I'll keep putting a few quid in that jar in the royal suite in the hope we might get a player that might make a big difference. 

If you went for a job but weren't successful, would  you really want other people knowing ??   Would you want your rejection all over the news ??   Would you want your current employer to know you'd been chasing another job ??

There are considerations above & beyond that influence what information can and cannot be made public.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

He was a fans favourite at Fev and I hope he does well for Dewsbury.......At least if you win a game it will keep Coolie off our forum.....Onny joking Coolie😉

The featherstone forum is currently my comfort blanket

When I feel down after a defeat

And disillusioned with the game

5 minutes on the fev forum can restore my faith that there is a god 

And he's just not laughing at us🤔🤣

• Haha 4