Heritage Round

White Knight

15 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Looks like this will be a great weekend.
So far, there’s a golf day and a heritage shirt, which will be worn by the Knights against Barrow. https://yorkcityknights.com/club/heritage-shirt-drops/ and which will be available to fans to pre order. 

Looks great reminds me of the York shirts in the 50s when I first started to watch them, think I can find room in my wardrobe for one.

• Haha 1

Just now, spanishknight said:

Looks great reminds me of the York shirts in the 50s when I first started to watch them, think I can find room in my wardrobe for one.

You must have a huge wardrobe John!🙄

Agree re the shirt. Iconic design that I first associate with York rugby league. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another tough game - they keep on coming. But after yesterdays display, we should have nothing to fear. Big Heritage weekend - Knights fans know how to dress up and party so let’s get behind the lads and create a great atmosphere in those retro shirts . Anyone got the hooped one with ‘Camerons Ales’ on it? My money is on a handful at least. Great shirt, but iffy beer.😉🍺

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

Another tough game - they keep on coming. But after yesterdays display, we should have nothing to fear. Big Heritage weekend - Knights fans know how to dress up and party so let’s get behind the lads and create a great atmosphere in those retro shirts . Anyone got the hooped one with ‘Camerons Ales’ on it? My money is on a handful at least. Great shirt, but iffy beer.😉🍺

babs in the londesborough used to serve a fine pint😀, barrow were very disjointed against fax last night , our confidence must be growing so going for the knights by 18 and a big colourful crowd to cheers us on🍻

• Like 1

Looks to have been a great turn out of players belonging to the 100 club. The Heritage displays look fantastic. Where are they?

Edited by White Knight
  • Like 3

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Just now, Fenton Knight said:

Hi WK, the Heritage time line is in the club shop/office. I may be a little biased but it is very good. 😉 Hope you like it. 

will take a look , heres to a great day out today , hoping for a real good attendance today😄

• Like 3

Due to work commitments, that's the first game since Leigh, that I've been able to attend. With YCK third in the table, I'm hoping today's performance was just a blip? The Knights were very poor against a workmanlike Barrow. Lack of cohesion in both attack and defence cost them any chance of the 2 points today and the better side won. Nice to see some of "yesterday's' players at the game 

• Like 4

Poor performance lacked energy and attacking ideas even when BoH came on in the second half,has been coming for a while this defeat not the ideal start with tough games coming up.What a farce with the interchange with PP I'm sure that could have been sorted out in a few seconds instead of wasting a interchange poor management from the coaching staff.

• Like 1

We looked very lethargic today I thought, and we were outplayed by the Barrow half backs who controlled the game. Our last play kicks were poor, and we seemed to stand off the Barrow runners all afternoon. Disappointing performance, however, I have just had a look at the league table, and we are still in 3rd place with 10 games to go. I'm happy with that.

• Like 4