Match thread: Championship Rd 16. Featherstone Rovers v Batley. Sunday 26th June 2022.

13 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Looks like we'll be signing half of the Batley team, now don't get too upset when we do!

With a miniscule budget we are used to having the team picked apart after a good season.  It's par for the course I am afraid.  So let us have our fun lingaro.

9 hours ago, POR said:

But C you don't pick those we send you  and now KYLE T has left FEV looks ke you don't want him🤣

Trouty is just an enigma, couldn't understand why Fev signed him, didn't get picked virtually from the off with you lot, he got farmed out to us.. Now you would think he'd bust a gut at our place to put himself in the window knowing his time at Fev was over when you brought the lad who had been at Barrow on load from Wakefield I think.. Rather than putting a big shift in went backwards.. So even us didn't wanna sign him🤔

3 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

Garbage. Clueless in defence. Poor basic handling. Discipline woeful. Slow. Last tackle options extremely poor to non existent. 

We've got more "names" than last year but we're a worse side. Sack McDermott and get someone in that can motivate.

Think Adrian Lam has got a gig at the moment 🤔🤣

40 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Leigh had three on the bench last game i saw .Lam,Chester,and Paul Cook.Beaumont takes it seriously.

Brian McDounut & Campbell are coming up with blanks at the moment, you carry on at this rate🤔

You might not even get to the million pound game 🤔

Seemed laughable to surgest that you wouldn't make TMPG

Stark reality is starting to bite now

It's a funny old game🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolie said:

Brian McDounut & Campbell are coming up with blanks at the moment, you carry on at this rate🤔

It's a funny old game🤔

I'd concentrate on your own team getting relegated.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

One positive on a bad day was JSL, thought he looked the best he's been since we signed him. 

A spell in the second half he took the ball in three times in one set that shows he was trying.He needs to run off a short pass between defenders,because he has good pace for a forward.Not sure about defence though he seemed to be bullied by the strong Leigh pack in the 1895 cup final.But he was not on his own.One thing about today it shows how we miss John Davies i think he might have rescued the game for us.We were still in it to win at 18-16 down at half time.Kicking game is very poor.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

A spell in the second half he took the ball in three times in one set that shows he was trying.He needs to run off a short pass between defenders,because he has good pace for a forward.Not sure about defence though he seemed to be bullied by the strong Leigh pack in the 1895 cup final.But he was not on his own.One thing about today it shows how we miss John Davies i think he might have rescued the game for us.We were still in it to win at 18-16 down at half time.Kicking game is very poor.

Think its time to start Jon Ford as well, see what he's got to offer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Think its time to start Jon Ford as well, see what he's got to offer. 

Start him , or give him a water bottle , one or the other , but not warming a subs bench 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Yep.  I think at some point today we talked about all those things.

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I'd concentrate on your own team getting relegated.

Nar that's a lost cause unfortunately 🤔

Laughing at your own predicament brings clarity to be able to laugh at others predicament 🤔🤣🤣🤣

It's only a game after all😝😝😝

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Totally irrelevant 

He played at Batley and made sod all difference - in fact he had a dg chance with more time and space than he'd could have asked for and missed by a country mile

Mind boggling comment.  What short term memories some people have.  Apart from the fact that Ronald McDermott stifled Chizzys attacking threat, are you holding that dg attempt against him when he won us so many games.  question  - who was the last player to win us a game with a dg and who was the last before that ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

They need to put Leigh and Batley into Super League and make a 14 team league. That'll be the next media output🙄

We will need all the Fev fans to come to the Mount to get a decent gate even against Saints.  LOL.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

We will need all the Fev fans to come to the Mount to get a decent gate even against Saints.  LOL.

Us Leythers will come when you play the pies if you want 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

It's a funny old game🤔

Coolie I think you are losing your touch........I think there's some truth in this.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Not been given a chance so unfair to disrespected Ford.

Not disrespecting him but he needs to start earning his wage.He is not far off 34 so will not be getting better.Not the best on defence.And his style of play long pass or short drop off in a well drilled Toulouse side .Why do you think a NRL or SL club have not offered him a contract.He would suit us at the moment we need the threequarters to get early ball.I fancy us against most teams one on one in the backs.As good a team player Smith is at six with tremendous work rate he can't get the ball out quick enough.Why the hell won't McDermott start Ford.Is it because he knows he has bought a lemon.