Match thread: Championship Rd 16. Featherstone Rovers v Batley. Sunday 26th June 2022.

3 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Let's give Batley the respect they deserve. Top notch team spirit and great attitude. Wish we had some of that at the moment.

Thank you for that.I don't like any gloating that I have seen.We should just celebrate a very good win.

I did'nt see the game and don't know the effect of Fev's injuriies but after today it is sadly looking like Leigh may have outspent you in the race for SL.As a Yorkhire man (and proud) that makes me sad.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lingaro said:

Looks like we'll be signing half of the Batley team, now don't get too upset when we do!

Feel free to try.   What really worries me is that you might want Mr Lingard. What worries me more is that you will be in a line behind a few SL clubs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

Garbage. Clueless in defence. Poor basic handling. Discipline woeful. Slow. Last tackle options extremely poor to non existent. 

We've got more "names" than last year but we're a worse side. Sack McDermott and get someone in that can motivate.

Every point bang on.  I would just add on out-enthused and dire kicking game..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Thank you for that.I don't like any gloating that I have seen.We should just celebrate a very good win.

I did'nt see the game and don't know the effect of Fev's injuriies but after today it is sadly looking like Leigh may have outspent you in the race for SL.As a Yorkhire man (and proud) that makes me sad.

Rarely have I witnessed a season where Batley haven't taken a ' scalp ' that they shouldn't have done , so today's result does not surprise me in the least , par for the course for the dogs , well done 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Feel free to try.   What really worries me is that you might want Mr Lingard. What worries me more is that you will be in a line behind a few SL clubs.

We'll have him thanks 👍

Just now, gittinsfan said:

Only because you know we will stuff them.

I believe you , we apparently have only ever beaten their reserve team , according to some pie ' friends ' of ours , even when we stuck 50 past them in 2017 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RobLambert said:
6 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

Garbage. Clueless in defence. Poor basic handling. Discipline woeful. Slow. Last tackle options extremely poor to non existent. 

We've got more "names" than last year but we're a worse side. Sack McDermott and get someone in that can motivate.

Every point bang on.  I would just add on out-enthused and dire kicking game..

Can't argue with any of that, something needs to change and fast if we're to have any hope of beating Leigh at season's end, which (despite the overreactions in recent weeks to their team and current run of form) is most definitely achievable.   

My reference to Chizzy was "totally irrelevant " according to LTS. Supported by bemoaning Chizzys performance at Batley. Yet Chizzy was completely unfit in that game. He was blowing after 20 mins. I think he hadnt played much before that game.

Les Tonks you must have erased all the fantastic performances Chizzy gave us. To reference that one game where he wasn't fit is poor imo.

Also I find it hard to read comments criticising Moor for his pass at the end with some saying he should have tried harder to score himself. I thought he and Luke were our best by a long way and both gave 100%. As for the pass he was brought down half a yard short and therefore the pass was difficult but the only chance to score.

BTW Rod Lamberts comments are just about spot on imo.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I tend to think of them more as floaters than gloaters.

You should indeed celebrate a richly deserved win today. Your lads were great; committed, well organised in attack and defence, consistently put their bodies on the line, and that intensity helped them keep the mistakes to a minimum. I only wish we could play like that at the minute, but we're miles off where we ought to be given the players we have.

36 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Rarely have I witnessed a season where Batley haven't taken a ' scalp ' that they shouldn't have done , so today's result does not surprise me in the least , par for the course for the dogs , well done 

Scalp number 2 at the LSV    LOL

9 minutes ago, Squidward said:

My reference to Chizzy was "totally irrelevant " according to LTS. Supported by bemoaning Chizzys performance at Batley. Yet Chizzy was completely unfit in that game. He was blowing after 20 mins. I think he hadnt played much before that game.

Les Tonks you must have erased all the fantastic performances Chizzy gave us. To reference that one game where he wasn't fit is poor imo.

Also I find it hard to read comments criticising Moor for his pass at the end with some saying he should have tried harder to score himself. I thought he and Luke were our best by a long way and both gave 100%. As for the pass he was brought down half a yard short and therefore the pass was difficult but the only chance to score.

BTW Rod Lamberts comments are just about spot on imo.

Have you never heard of diving.Three yards from the line if you dive you will score.body plus arms outstretched is about 9ft.

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

Mind boggling comment.  What short term memories some people have.  Apart from the fact that Ronald McDermott stifled Chizzys attacking threat, are you holding that dg attempt against him when he won us so many games.  question  - who was the last player to win us a game with a dg and who was the last before that ?

Ronald McDermott 😆😆😆

Have to agree agree that's a laughable attempt by LTS to justify McD's shunting of Chizzy. In favour of a new half-back so potent that even though he was on the bench today (yet again), and we were obviously desperate for somebody fresh to come on in a pivotal role and try something different to get us going forward, he was a no-show. Most of us know exactly what Chizzy would usually bring to the party (creativity you can't buy, as someone so astutely described elsewhere), but he barely got a chance under McD before he was moved on, while Ford is starting to look like an expensive mistake. What a sh*t-show.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, coolie said:

Nar that's a lost cause unfortunately 🤔

Laughing at your own predicament brings clarity to be able to laugh at others predicament 🤔🤣🤣🤣

It's only a game after all😝😝😝

It is only a game and really hope the Rams can pull it round.

• Like 1

Most of us could see this result coming perhaps a good thing as we now know fev are nowhere near as good as everyone has been shouting about so just maybe a new coach and offload some more oldies and go back to the drawing board. Our defence has been woeful most games and not a prayer of super league with this set up. I honestly believe this year is the last chance saloon for rovers but I suppose playing in the second tear of a 10 team super league is all we deserve.

However if rovers do manage to sort themselves out who knows in the play offs. utr...

6 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Hardcastle, Davis,Cuthbertson, Ferres, Bussey,Wilde and Gale, all out yesterday it's going to make a difference.

Davis & Gale were dropped by all accounts 

i thought you lot didn’t look fit in the early stages of the second half holding on at the PTB trying to slow us down which didn’t work even when you had a few chances 

We came out of the blocks quicker & a lot more fired up 

I do think fev look low on confidence within themselves but McDermott will be struggling to raise them when injuries & folk not sticking to plans is happening 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Davis & Gale were dropped by all accounts 

i thought you lot didn’t look fit in the early stages of the second half holding on at the PTB trying to slow us down which didn’t work even when you had a few chances 

We came out of the blocks quicker & a lot more fired up 

I do think fev look low on confidence within themselves but McDermott will be struggling to raise them when injuries & folk not sticking to plans is happening 

Dropping Gale is fair enough. He's not having the best of seasons and looks to have gone backwards from last year.

Dropping Davies is another matter. If true, an absolutely bizarre decision.  First name on the team sheet for me.  He did get a heavy knock at Leigh and that may be a factor (hopefully).

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Dropping Gale is fair enough. He's not having the best of seasons and looks to have gone backwards from last year.

Dropping Davies is another matter. If true, an absolutely bizarre decision.  First name on the team sheet for me.  He did get a heavy knock at Leigh and that may be a factor (hopefully).

I heard today he had a knock so was rested.

1 minute ago, Andrew Vause said:

I'm hearing someone else is going to be rested soon. 

I just can't grasp what Mcdermot is trying to achieve, it certainly doesn't look like getting us promoted. Some really strange decisions, no flowing Rugby like last season.