Which stadiums in London have NOT hosted a RL game?

With the Emirates hosting a game in the upcoming World Cup, I got thinking about all the grounds used for RL in London and it occurred to me that there doesn't seem to be an awful lot that haven't hosted at least one game at some time of another. 

I can think of the new Brentford Stadium, Selhurst Park and Stamford Bridge but I don't think there's many more. I'm not including small lower league grounds of course, feel free to do so. I thought the Crystal Palace athletics ground and Leyton Orient but apparently they have done. Don't know if there's any more obvious ones that I've just completely forgotten. 

31 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

With the Emirates hosting a game in the upcoming World Cup, I got thinking about all the grounds used for RL in London and it occurred to me that there doesn't seem to be an awful lot that haven't hosted at least one game at some time of another. 

I can think of the new Brentford Stadium, Selhurst Park and Stamford Bridge but I don't think there's many more. I'm not including small lower league grounds of course, feel free to do so. I thought the Crystal Palace athletics ground and Leyton Orient but apparently they have done. Don't know if there's any more obvious ones that I've just completely forgotten. 

Stamford Bridge was home to Fulham RLFC for at least one match in the 80's. It also hosted a test match in the 1907-08 All Golds Tour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Barnet, Dagenham and Redbridge, Millwall? 

Barnet Copthall was the home of the London Crusaders (now Bronocs) for a while, assuming theres not more than one stadium in Barnet and you are referring to another.

The new den Millwall has also hosted RL, with Wigan playing Catalans there some years back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

9 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Barnet Copthall was the home of the London Crusaders (now Bronocs) for a while, assuming theres not more than one stadium in Barnet and you are referring to another.

The new den Millwall has also hosted RL, with Wigan playing Catalans there some years back.

Is that The Hive, Barnet FC’s ground? Anyway there must be tens of stadiums in London that haven’t had RL played at them. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is that The Hive, Barnet FC’s ground? Anyway there must be tens of stadiums in London that haven’t had RL played at them. 

No the hive was a new one. Broncos played there for at least a couple of seasons i think. Barnet Copthall is where Saracens now play, albeit in a newer version than when the Crusaders played there.

Of the old grounds, for the bigger teams, Upton Park never featured RL.

• Thanks 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

No the hive was a new one. Broncos played there for at least a couple of seasons i think. Barnet Copthall is where Saracens now play, albeit in a newer version than when the Crusaders played there.

Of the old grounds, for the bigger teams, Upton Park never featured RL.

There’ll be countless others also, Dulwich Hamlet etc. 

46 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I remember watching a London game at Hendon FC IIRC

Hendon FC have moved around a bit over time. Their old ground in Clitterhouse Fields is now completely vanished, although it lay there as a derelict eyesore for years.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah, according to Hendon's wiki, London occasionally played at their old ground in the 90s.

Hendon FC's current home is in Silver Jubilee Park, Kingsbury (ground capacity 1,990 (298 seated)). I'm pretty sure RL hasn't been played there.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sutton won’t have, though that’s more Surrey than London but if we’re including Dagenham, Sutton probably just about gets in. 

Acton Park Royal and Mitcham Stadium (not Tooting & Mitcham FC) were used and so was White City Stadium. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

If only Premiership/ Football League are counted + Wembley and the Olympic stadium i am pretty certain only Crystal Palace and the New Brentford stadium + Dagenham are the only stadiums where rugby league has not been played.

Dagenham aren't in the Football League (although they have been)

Broncos are playing Eagles at Ebbsfleet (Nat League South) soon, which isn't really London I suppose. Otherwise you'd have to look at Bromley in the National League as well. 

Other National League clubs in London are Wealdstone and Boreham Wood. Woking and Dorking are Surrey - does that count or not?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"