Town question and answer session...today ?

chromedome

6 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Good interview but why no mention off matty Henson as alot off questions where based on that or did I miss something 

He did mention Matty pal , said we had good cover with Evans, Matty and Curtis at hooker and others if needed that's why Dec has been loaned out to Oldham and for fitness as well.

Good interview from Chris and also questions from Gary , there isn't many clubs I can think of that do as much as Town on informing fan's as to what is happening , I suppose they could do more  like in anything in life but they could also do less, than where would we be ? 

Gary has a full time job, as well as being at the club most nights and weekends , I am sure he wouldn't say no to any help  if anyone came forward to assist.

Let's get behind the coach , players and backroom staff and do our bit to support them all .UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

He did mention Matty pal , said we had good cover with Evans, Matty and Curtis at hooker and others if needed that's why Dec has been loaned out to Oldham and for fitness as well.

Good interview from Chris and also questions from Gary , there isn't many clubs I can think of that do as much as Town on informing fan's as to what is happening , I suppose they could do more  like in anything in life but they could also do less, than where would we be ? 

Gary has a full time job, as well as being at the club most nights and weekends , I am sure he wouldn't say no to any help  if anyone came forward to assist.

Let's get behind the coach , players and backroom staff and do our bit to support them all .UTT 🔵⚪

Sorry mate missed that bit 

Just hope like he said the lads need to right the wrongs from the weekend as it wasn't acceptable but I honestly can't wait for a return off stevie malik and walker as I think if any local players can kick us on it's them 3 

• Like 1

Good honest interview, good news on the injured players and I'm hopeful that we get at least 2 of the 4 new signings chris mentioned. Agree with him on the locals who have returned to the amateur game too, aside from Hanley who was definitely up to it but left for personal reasons, the others have probably been victims of us getting promoted to the championship as they probably aren't at that level yet.

On a downside he still didnt explain why if we seen Barrow at home as a winnable game he didnt pick the strongest 13 available to him to give us the best chance of getting a win? As Chris said he is still learning as a coach so if we can take anything from that embarrassment hopefully that is what it is.

19 minutes ago, Andrew Newton said:

Good to hear there's some Cavalry Coming.Lets hope it's not too late. 

Also good to hear Chris have the same opinion of the Barra game as the rest of us!

Surely there must have been more questions than that though? 

There's probably something's that Chris can't comment on tho Andrew , on the whole a good honest account as to where we are and that's all we can ask for.

• Like 1

Good honest interview by Chris. If anyones questions weren’t answered just go up to Chris and ask and I’m sure he will be as open and honest as he can be, same with the board. 

As painful as Sunday was for us supporters I’m sure it was just as painful for Chris, the board and the players as well. It’s time to get behind them, get to as many games as we possibly can and show them our support. Starting with Newcastle away next week. 

It’s not over yet. 

UTT 

Edited by Derwent Park SC
  • Like 3

Very good interview by Chris again.

Forgive me but I keep on saying this most the other championship teams have been in the championship along time and we are still new to this league again Barrow are up and down for the last few years but this year they have got on with it and come back stronger.

I think a lot of fans and supporters would be just happy to finish 3rd from bottom and just stay in the Championship 

• Like 1

Good honest interview, and pleased he didn't sugarcoat the Barrow game. 

A small point, I know I'll get shot down, and understand why he's done it but I don't like that he is targeting certain games as winnable. To me that's completely the wrong attitude as we are in a league where we should be trying to win every game. I accept some games are statistically more likely to be won than others, but saying the Batley away was not a game they targeting to me is the same as the players giving up against Barrow. Psychologically its the wrong mind set as its accepting defeat beforehand. If you don't take a long shot you can never hit the target.

Anyway that aside I hope the Barrow game is a bit of a watershed and with the new lads arriving we can push on from here. UTT.

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Honest interview that was needed. Its the same as we've heard all season though. Think every interview so far has promised incomings that haven't materialised. I'd like to hear a similar interview from the players or captain. 

Either way, good comms from the club and we all appreciate Chris's honesty and certainly his tireless efforts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

I hope there are reinforcements coming but best not to get ahead of ourselves.  We've been hearing this all year and he explained the reasons but they're not signed yet. 

We're still waiting for those Tongans in their canoe. 

Edited by Andrew Newton

1 hour ago, Andrew Newton said:

We're still waiting for those Tongans in their canoe. 

Think it sprung a leak off the Azores, Andrew, and they are still on a desert island waiting to be rescued.

🔵⚪️ UTT

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, townie88 said:

Honest interview that was needed. Its the same as we've heard all season though. Think every interview so far has promised incomings that haven't materialised. I'd like to hear a similar interview from the players or captain. 

Either way, good comms from the club and we all appreciate Chris's honesty and certainly his tireless efforts

Fair play to Gary who asked Chris most of the questions on here and Facebook from frustrated fans.

• Like 2

On 16/06/2022 at 21:40, town2018 said:

Sorry mate missed that bit 

Just hope like he said the lads need to right the wrongs from the weekend as it wasn't acceptable but I honestly can't wait for a return off stevie malik and walker as I think if any local players can kick us on it's them 3 

Walker will have to up his defensive game sharpish if he’s to get in over buffer or Jamie. 

• Like 1

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

5 minutes ago, wonky said:

Walker will have to up his defensive game sharpish if he’s to get in over buffer or Jamie. 

We’re really struggling for points ( not one lately ) and look sadly lacking and ponderous with the ball so whatever his limitations I’d put him in in a flash because of the point of difference he might give with the ball . Some games he hasn’t but he’s got something about him  . Forber looks painfully slow and is getting caught with the ball more and more . He’s giving us less n less I’m afraid . Doran also needs to get his finger out as he’s way under par . Him and an available Walker though seem the best option we have at present Defensively we’re shipping points left right n centre so everyone needs to up their game there , but we’re not loaded with creativity so what potential we have there we just need to get in imo . We also need a big shake up with new players offering more than the very average threat we have but whether that happens is something else 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Did you watch the games against leigh he hardly missed a tackle against probably the biggest and strongest centre in the league 

• Like 2