Cornwall Supporter

Just seen this on Facebook from a Cornwall fan, quickly grasped rule 3 of being a RL supporter.    Always find fault.

For the match against Cougars, I bought a standard Standing ticket. I got an email, a couple of days before the match, to say my ticket had been upgraded to a standard Seating ticket. Anyone got any idea why this happened? I actually prefer to stand pitch side rather than sit in the stand.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Just seen this on Facebook from a Cornwall fan, quickly grasped rule 3 of being a RL supporter.    Always find fault.

For the match against Cougars, I bought a standard Standing ticket. I got an email, a couple of days before the match, to say my ticket had been upgraded to a standard Seating ticket. Anyone got any idea why this happened? I actually prefer to stand pitch side rather than sit in the stand.

I always thought that was rule one?!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Why not ask the person who sent the email and maybe he could have said ' I really appreciated the offer but prefer to stand'.  

Couldn't he just get up off his seat and wander around the ground to his hearts content?

I just don't see why it necessitates a question/complaint.

It just shows, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

The lesson in this seems to be, don't do me/them any favours. He bought a standing ticket so let him stand.

19 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Why not ask the person who sent the email and maybe he could have said ' I really appreciated the offer but prefer to stand'.  

I know this one.... it’s because you may actually get an answer which stops you being annoyed!

I’ve noticed this at work quite a bit, staff getting frustrated and asking other members of staff why a certain decision has been made (like they are going to know) rather than asking the person who made the decision so that they can actually explain it to them. It’s the most ridiculous of things. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RP London said:

I know this one.... it’s because you may actually get an answer which stops you being annoyed!

I’ve noticed this at work quite a bit, staff getting frustrated and asking other members of staff why a certain decision has been made (like they are going to know) rather than asking the person who made the decision so that they can actually explain it to them. It’s the most ridiculous of things. 

Rule 4 of a RL supporter.   Ask a random person a question who has no knowledge of the subject instead of the person who would know the answer  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

He prefers to find his own water 

I support him wholeheartedly. I just wish he'd stop whining. If you don't want the gift, don't take it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RP London said:

I'm on the staff's side here.

Often they won't know who made the decision and they certainly won't know how they will react if someone they don't know comes up and asks them about it.

And if staff are asking each other about why decisions have been made then it's because management has done a very poor job in communicating why they are doing what they are doing.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

57 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Has anyone replied?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

34 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

13 minutes ago, RP London said:

While I agree with the overall view here, very often these type of emails come from a 'no-reply' email address where responses are not monitored so there may not be a sender to ask in this circumstance.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

40 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

There’s literally nothing wrong with what they’ve asked.

• Like 2

Just now, Impartial Observer said:

Yes 1

If you have seated you can go wherever

Is that from the club/someone recognisably connected to the club?

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Rule number 4 - Complain about someone else complaining.

None of you are doing supporting rugby league right.

I have the rule book and will be sharing your failings later.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

It doesn't look like it, I do not even think it is on a club site. It is called RL In Cornwall

Ah, okay.

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

If you’re coming up to Keighley, then you’re not far from Haworth which is home to the Brontë sisters home (now a museum) and also a steam railway line.

14 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Rile number 4 has already been taken. Which takes us to rule number 5 - pick a fault with someone's attempt at assistance without offering anything of use yourself 

Rule number 6, make sure your spelling or grammar is correct when posting as a pedant will pick you up on it.

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Rule number 6, make sure your spelling or grammar is correct when posting as a pedant will pick you up on it.

Is it just one or the other then? Should spelling and grammar not both be correct? 😉

Edited by Damien
  • Haha 2