Newcastle away.

Peter Winthorpe

33 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We’ve had some tonkings on artificial pitches like theirs so probably another heavy defeat . Id like to know more on these reinforcements Chris was on about coming in  

Kuni Minga is supposed to be one averages nearly a try a game Featherstone tried to get him couple of years back couldn't get a visa.  That's from the official Sellafield rumour.com

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

We’ve had some tonkings on artificial pitches like theirs so probably another heavy defeat . Id like to know more on these reinforcements Chris was on about coming in  

Oliver Roberts just been released from Huddersfield, could be Town bound with Thormans connections

5 hours ago, donald said:

Kuni Minga is supposed to be one averages nearly a try a game Featherstone tried to get him couple of years back couldn't get a visa.  That's from the official Sellafield rumour.com

Them sellafield lads know  everything, so must be right 👍

On 18/06/2022 at 19:28, Peter Winthorpe said:

Well that was very poor overall last week in a fixture we should have been competitive in.

So is there likely to be a positive reaction against a team from whom we have signed a lot of players and Chris,s home town club.

Frankly I have no idea,? But always hope for the best.

Hoping we put some pride back in the shirt today but it will be tough against a full time outfit. We were all gutted after the Barrow game but some of the stuff said about the players, coach and the BOD on here were a bit disappointing. It's a thankless task running any sports team when you are doing it for the love of the club.  It must be soul destroying reading some of the stuff on here. Chris Thorman still has credit in the bank as far as I'm concerned, he's done an amazing job the last couple of years, and got a team of  talented local young lads punching above their weight. I can't think of anyone out there who could come in and turn our fortunes around.  I think we all knew we were stepping up to a level that we would find difficult, but would any Townie say they regret us winning on that magnificent day back in October ?  I'm sure if the finances had been available before the season started, then Chris would have strengthend the side. They obviously weren't and unfortunately are where we are. We aren't down yet and we live in hope, good luck for today boys and give it your best  UTT 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, THMS said:

Anyone else's radio commentary keep cutting out? 

Mine as well. Just checked the Haven commentary and the sound is perfect. It seems that our commentators have the older equipment. 

• Sad 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Do Town practice defence in training as none of them seem capable to tackle opponents near our line. 

• Like 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.