Newcastle away.

Peter Winthorpe

4 minutes ago, Derwent Park SC said:

Another disappointing Sunday. Great to see how many supporters still made the journey, as painful as it is at the minute we all need to get behind the club and the players. 

Great effort guys 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

Anyone know where I can watch the highlights- lowlights ? 

YouTube later on today usually, and on yesterday's game, what I could make out from the rubbish stop and start coverage was, a couple of positives,Glen Rey adding some long awaited size to the team, and then scoring, the inclusion of Curtis playing centre and giving the team more options when on the attack, hopefully the inclusion of the two new french guys will also add more size in the forwards and recognised  winger that can take on the opposition and score. This should also give some of the present players a shake up. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Glenn Riley was fantastic. Teare and Clegg together looked good too. 

You mean a big prop was our best player and Curtis Teare had his best game at centre? hmm shame nobody thought of that before.

I know you're only trying to be positive Callum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Town blue white said:

Anyone know where I can watch the highlights- lowlights ? 

They are on the RFL Facebook & twitter pages. Tackling very poor again!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I dont think we played owa  bad in stages some of them are trying their best week in week out but are just not good enough at this level sadly. We just need to get behind the club and support  the bad times with the good UTT

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Davo5 said:

He’s been there for a decade now & transformed the club especially the academy.

Last year the Falcons gates were generally 5-6000  with a highest gate of 8000 despite finishing second bottom,when they finished in the top half of the division a few years back they were regularly getting crowds up near the 10,000 mark.

I guess I'll never understand what people see in the Union version of the Rugby game. But looking a those figures Davo5 I'm clearly in the minority.......I'm a complete lost cause to that kick and clap stuff.

However it must therefore be soul destroying for a wealthy guy to divvy up and assist the Thunder Rugby League team at this stadium.......yesterday's turnout was 652............thousands less than the Falcons pull in. I've just watched the painful highlights. and it sounded like a fair proportion of fans had made the journey to support Town......pitiful home support. 

If Town ( or your team Haven Davo5) had such wealthy backing the geordies would deffo see how a team's supporters appreciate their good fortunes........come and join us marra, stop flogging the dead horse.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chromedome said:

I guess I'll never understand what people see in the Union version of the Rugby game. But looking a those figures Davo5 I'm clearly in the minority.......I'm a complete lost cause to that kick and clap stuff.

However it must therefore be soul destroying for a wealthy guy to divvy up and assist the Thunder Rugby League team at this stadium.......yesterday's turnout was 652............thousands less than the Falcons pull in. I've just watched the painful highlights. and it sounded like a fair proportion of fans had made the journey to support Town......pitiful home support. 

If Town ( or your team Haven Davo5) had such wealthy backing the geordies would deffo see how a team's supporters appreciate their good fortunes........come and join us marra, stop flogging the dead horse.

Last time we were there, they said the crowd was 750, 200 of our fans and we counted about 70 Newcastle fans which was easy to do because they all sat in the same stand.🙄

7 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Last time we were there, they said the crowd was 750, 200 of our fans and we counted about 70 Newcastle fans which was easy to do because they all sat in the same stand.🙄

I can see the Thunder joining the *Diamonds in a North East Museum of former sports clubs.

* Diamonds are/were the Newcastle speedway team that went bust with immediate effect last week - believe it or not because of poor attendances......

• Like 1

Rfl have tried for years to make are great sport something bigger,and branch out like rugby union,but all it as done is waist money and makes are sport weaker and cheap.nothing wrong with are game in the 70s and 80s teams had academy's ,A teams ,first teams and GB  tours ,loads of Cup games ,challenge cup,John player Cup, county cups, premiership finals at old Trafford and only two league's so the big clubs looked after the smaller teams with plenty of games,we're as are game gone.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Rfl have tried for years to make are great sport something bigger,and branch out like rugby union,but all it as done is waist money and makes are sport weaker and cheap.nothing wrong with are game in the 70s and 80s teams had academy's ,A teams ,first teams and GB  tours ,loads of Cup games ,challenge cup,John player Cup, county cups, premiership finals at old Trafford and only two league's so the big clubs looked after the smaller teams with plenty of games,we're as are game gone.

That was when all teams were treat as equal.

Now we have 12 teams given almost 2Million each per season and the rest are given scraps [in comparison] and those 12 would really like the rest to have nowt.

That is what has ruined the game .

All teams should get same central funding.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

That was when all teams were treat as equal.

Now we have 12 teams given almost 2Million each per season and the rest are given scraps [in comparison] and those 12 would really like the rest to have nowt.

That is what has ruined the game .

All teams should get same central funding.

And then we’d have a semi pro top division & be struggling to sell the broadcasting rights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Town utd said:

Yeah pretty sure the world & sport has moved on in the last 40-50 years even if a small number of RL supporters haven’t.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah pretty sure the world & sport has moved on in the last 40-50 years even if a small number of RL supporters haven’t.

Except for rugby league. Nothing super about super league, the so called promised land of Lindsey’s has seen the sport decline at all levels. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

We have to move with the times, but that small number of RL supporters was once much larger. Not many spectator sports in this country have seen attendances plummet like RL has. Maybe speedway and greyhound racing but we are suppose to be one of the country's top sports. This might upset some, but the people who run the RU could teach us a thing or two about all aspects of running a sport.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

We have to move with the times, but that small number of RL supporters was once much larger. Not many spectator sports in this country have seen attendances plummet like RL has. Maybe speedway and greyhound racing but we are suppose to be one of the country's top sports. This might upset some, but the people who run the RU could teach us a thing or two about all aspects of running a sport.

RU.....rugger...has always had massive following for the 5 nations comp..(now 6 nations)....and from that success the fans have in modern times looked for more ways to support the game. Those running RU made it a professional code with proper leagues and cup comps and they now rule the roost of the oval ball game - I'll never like it but admit it's more popular than RL.........whose to blame, our top level administrators I guess?

Speedway is on the rocks for sure with abysmal crowds...Greyhounds don't need spectators it's a betting sport that can survive via betting shops.

2 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Except for rugby league. Nothing super about super league, the so called promised land of Lindsey’s has seen the sport decline at all levels. 

Actually RL crowds in the top division have increased considerably since super league started in 96, but overall the games profile has dropped nationally, and it struggles to hold its own in the traditional areas, fighting for news coverage against the ever growing influence of football, RU and cricket which will certainly see attendances start to drop in the coming years if the RFL can’t get their media act together 

• Like 3