Jump to content

Sydney Football Stadium - The best RL ground


Recommended Posts

On 19/06/2022 at 18:53, The Daddy said:

In what way was it bad? Are we talking old Wembley bad?

Old Wembley regarding atmosphere was good .New Wembley is good but atmosphere poor .That's only my opinion 

  • Like 2

 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

On 19/06/2022 at 18:44, The Daddy said:

Really excited to see the end product of the redevelopment of the Sydney Football Stadium. 

Has to be the best footy ground in RL bar none, based on atmosphere but also the design. The design of the stadium with the sky blue seating just sets it apart from every other ground. 

Can't wait for it to reopen after the development in September of this year 

Love the NRL but the atmosphere just isn't as good as in the UK grounds, lack of chanting and humour - I would put a sold out Wigan V Saints game under lights above say an origin game for atmosphere.

Been to many NRL games but not the new groundas yet but I would still go for Leeds being the best RL ground to watch a match - knowing Aussie fans i can't imagine the atmosphere beating a sold out Leeds game on a Friday night.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/06/2022 at 05:56, fieldofclothofgold said:

Old Wembley regarding atmosphere was good .New Wembley is good but atmosphere poor .That's only my opinion 

 

10 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

As strange as it might seem i think the dog track added something to it for me

I recall seeing a diagram that showed the difference in size of old Wembley and new Wembley.  New one dwarfs it,  with similar capacity (depending on timeline).  The stadium is more luxurious,  but it spreads people out a lot more and really does reduce the atmosphere. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

Have you attended an origin game at suncorp?

Just Sydney Origin a few times, plenty of NRL though - can only go on my experiences around the world but in general NRL games are flat compared to SL games - even if there is 2x more people at an NRL game- its just how it is.

That's why Aussies love to play SL - its more open but they love the crowds.

Edited by Mr Frisky
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The timelapse of the build in this article is interesting. You can really see how little of the old stadium is covered and how much more enclosed the new stadium is. I also hadnt realised that the new stadium has been tilted somewhat with the pitch now at an angle compared to the old:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/central-sydney/sydney-football-stadium-rebuild-nearmap-aerial-photos-show-allianz-stadium-construction-effort/news-story/a6575dfb8a2a38cabff24fd2fd1021fc?amp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2022 at 06:49, Mr Frisky said:

Just Sydney Origin a few times, plenty of NRL though - can only go on my experiences around the world but in general NRL games are flat compared to SL games - even if there is 2x more people at an NRL game- its just how it is.

That's why Aussies love to play SL - its more open but they love the crowds.

Ive been to challenge cup finals, super league finals, world cup finals, nrl grand finals, GB v Aus test matches but nothing comes close to a game three origin at suncorp with the series on the line.

’simply the best’ as Tina said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2022 at 16:18, Damien said:

The timelapse of the build in this article is interesting. You can really see how little of the old stadium is covered and how much more enclosed the new stadium is. I also hadnt realised that the new stadium has been tilted somewhat with the pitch now at an angle compared to the old:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/central-sydney/sydney-football-stadium-rebuild-nearmap-aerial-photos-show-allianz-stadium-construction-effort/news-story/a6575dfb8a2a38cabff24fd2fd1021fc?amp

The words  " like the colosseum " is one of the most hackneyed expressions in sport. A couple of times during last weekend`s Souths/Roosters game when the commentators crossed to Brad Fittler on the sideline I`d have to say it was probably the closest I`ve ever heard a sporting event generating noise that deserves that description. The roar being generated was off the charts.

This was no doubt abetted by the hostility between the two sets of fans but I did wonder whether the new stadium`s design also contributed. I`d even go as far to say that it was the crowd noise and atmosphere that hyped the players up so much that led to the record number of sin-binnings which in turn only made the crowd noise louder.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/09/2022 at 16:48, Mr Frisky said:

Love the NRL but the atmosphere just isn't as good as in the UK grounds, lack of chanting and humour - I would put a sold out Wigan V Saints game under lights above say an origin game for atmosphere.

Been to many NRL games but not the new groundas yet but I would still go for Leeds being the best RL ground to watch a match - knowing Aussie fans i can't imagine the atmosphere beating a sold out Leeds game on a Friday night.

Why don't they do an away end like we do? 

I always think it ruins the atmosphere when all fans are mixed .....same when I go and see union games 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...