• NEW SOUTH WALES
    • QUEENSLAND
    • DRAW
  2. 2. What will the winning margin be

• 9 points or fewer
    • 10 to 19 points
    • 20 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/22 at 09:50

Ampol State of Origin Game Two

Sunday, June 26 at Optus Stadium, Perth

New South Wales: James Tedesco, capt. (Sydney Roosters), Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters), Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers), Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers), Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Clint Gutherson (Parramatta Eels), Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters), Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers), Jake Trbojevic (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers), Jordan McLean (North Queensland Cowboys), Joseph Suaalii (Sydney Roosters), Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels), Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers), Matt Burton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers), Nicho Hynes (Cronulla Sharks), Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos), Siosifa Talakai (Cronulla Sharks), Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers), Victor Radley (Sydney Roosters).

Queensland: To be announced.

It's a Rep weekend with lots of other rep games.

U/19's Women's State of Origin

Thursday, June 23, at Leichhardt Oval

U/19's Men's State of Origin

Thursday, June 23, at Leichhardt Oval

Ampol Women's State of Origin

Friday, June 24, 7.45pm at GIO Stadium

Kiwi Ferns v Mate Ma'a Tonga Women

Saturday, June 25, at Mount Smart Stadium

New Zealand v Mate Ma'a Tonga (Men)

Samoa v Cook Islands

Saturday, June 25, at Campbelltown Sports Stadium

Papua New Guinea v Fiji

Saturday, June 25, at Campbelltown Sports Stadium

Ampol State of Origin Game Two

Sunday, June 26, at Optus Stadium

• Graham changed the title to Origin Game 2 - Discuss Here, Includes Representative Games, Match Thread & Poll
  • Graham pinned this topic

We all know the Aussies have a fantastic spine and some amazing edge players, but the NSW selection demonstrates a woeful shortage of quality middle forwards (Haas excepted) and if I were a Blues fan I would be very concerned about the number of changes Freddy has made. It suggests a complete lack of confidence in his players.

Never mind, the dropping of Staggs and Matterson (assuming they don't return for the third and dead rubber) has helped my Supercoach planning for Round 17.

1 minute ago, Spotty Herbert said:

We all know the Aussies have a fantastic spine and some amazing edge players, but the NSW selection demonstrates a woeful shortage of quality middle forwards (Haas excepted) and if I were a Blues fan I would be very concerned about the number of changes Freddy has made. It suggests a complete lack of confidence in his players.

Never mind, the dropping of Staggs and Matterson (assuming they don't return for the third and dead rubber) has helped my Supercoach planning for Round 17.

Noted with interest.

Also, very much looking forward to NZ vs Tonga and PNG vs Fiji. This will go down like a lead balloon with our Australian friends but I think these 2 test matches (and the NZ / Tonga game in particular) will be considerably more entertaining than Origin 2. There will probably be more passion on show as well.

Blues News

Manly's Jake Trbojevic and Roosters back-rower Angus Crichton have been recalled, while Matt Burton will partner Stephen Crichton in the centres, with Jack Wighton out due to Covid and Kotoni Staggs dropped.

Siosifa Talakai is set to debut off the bench, while Liam Martin is set to start in place of Tariq Sims who has been dropped.

Eels pair Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Ryan Matterson have been dropped, while Knights stars Tyson Frizell and Jacob Saifiti were not considered due to injury.

The other new faces in the squad are Roosters star Victor Radley, Eels skipper Clint Gutherson and Cowboys prop Jordan McLean.

Edited by Graham

Queensland team for Game Two

1. Kalyn Ponga (Newcastle Knights)
  2. Selwyn Cobbo (Brisbane Broncos)
  3. Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys)
  4. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
  5. Murray Taulagi (North Queensland Cowboys)
  6. Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans, capt. (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
  8. Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
  9. Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
  10. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
  11. Kurt Capewell (Brisbane Broncos)
  12. Felise Kaufusi (Melbourne Storm)
  13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Gold Coast Titans)
  14. Harry Grant (Melbourne Storm)
  15. Jai Arrow (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  16. Patrick Carrigan (Brisbane Broncos)
  17. Jeremiah Nanai (North Queensland Cowboys)
  18. Tom Dearden (North Queensland Cowboys)
  19. Thomas Flegler (Brisbane Broncos)
  20. Beau Fermor (Gold Coast Titans)
  21. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
  22. Reece Walsh (Warriors)

Cowboys winger Murray Taulagi will make his Origin debut for the Maroons in Game Two of the series on Sunday after he was called into the squad by Queensland coach Billy Slater.

Taulagi, who was part of the extended squad for Game One, will replace the injured Xavier Coates as one of two key changes for the Maroons with Reuben Cotter also ruled out with a hamstring injury suffered last weekend.

Cotter's omission will see Rabbitohs forward Jai Arrow return to the squad in the only other change to the team from Origin I which saw the Maroons take a 1-0 series lead with a 16-10 win in Sydney.

A former Queensland under-20s and Junior Kangaroos player, Taulagi will become the seventh Cowboy to be involved in Origin this year with teammates Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Valentine Holmes, Tom Dearden, Jeremiah Nanai and Cotter all featuring in the Maroons squad for Game One.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

Can this be picked up on TV or streamed please..

Kiwi Ferns v Mate Ma'a Tonga Women

If living further afield:

https://thedailyrugby.com/how-to-watch-new-zealand-kiwis-vs-tonga-2022-when-does-it-start-live-streams-and-schedule/?amp=1

• Like 1

The NRL have confirmed Ashley Klein will lead an officiating team with no changes for Game 2 of the State of Origin series.

It has been widely reported that the New South Wales Blues were left largely unimpressed with the job Klein did during the series opener in Sydney after their loss.

Despite that, he has been retained, with Grant Atkins again to lead the bunker. Phil Henderson and David Munro will again run the sidelines, while Gerard Sutton and Drew Oultram retain their places as the standby officials.

On 20/06/2022 at 05:26, Spotty Herbert said:

Also, very much looking forward to NZ vs Tonga and PNG vs Fiji. This will go down like a lead balloon with our Australian friends but I think these 2 test matches (and the NZ / Tonga game in particular) will be considerably more entertaining than Origin 2. There will probably be more passion on show as well.

You felt game 1 lacked passion and entertainment?  You must be hard to please. 

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

You felt game 1 lacked passion and entertainment?  You must be hard to please. 

I didn't think Game 1 was a classic and I don't think the passion is as great as it used to be, but I think NZ vs Tonga has the potential to be as tough, uncompromising and entertaining as Origin has ever been. I guess its also partly due to a preference for international competition over a domestic squabble. Having said that, I will still be watching Origin 2 avidly!!

• Graham changed the title to Origin Game 2 - Discuss Here, Includes Representative Games, Match Thread & Poll Womens U19s on WatchNRL now