Fri 24th-Sun 26th Jun: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

Good win for Batley that and actually puts some doubt in to Fev finishing second now which should make for a good end of the season for us also rans. You can't help but think Fev are just slipping back a little these past few weeks. Makes our game against Barrow so important if we want 3rd place we really can not afford to slip up and be 6 points behind York.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Good win for Batley that and actually puts some doubt in to Fev finishing second now which should make for a good end of the season for us also rans. You can't help but think Fev are just slipping back a little these past few weeks. Makes our game against Barrow so important if we want 3rd place we really can not afford to slip up and be 6 points behind York.

Oxy you usually talk sense and arnt usually wide of the mark but have you seen how many players are out ?

• Haha 2

Halifax are not also rans.

Proper decent team my friend. You cannot slip up now.Barrow are dam good.

But for a poor kick they would have drawn against us..

3rd could be for the taking Hard work required..Exciting times.

2 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

The team Fev put out today even with injuries should be beating Batley.

Sorry i don't agree Batley have proved they are no push overs ( apart against Leigh who are miles the best team) and have now taken 3 points off us. Give them the credit they are due.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

If I remember correctly you went into the last game you played at Barrow as firm favourites having easily beaten them a few weeks earlier at the Shay and Barrow won. It will be a tight game as both are doing well at the moment. Sammut will be key for Barrow in moving them around the field and Moore for Halifax with his strong defencive tackling. 

Barrow 26-22 Halifax 

So the dogs are this year's champions of the slope 😉 

Still can't see anybody except York catching Fev for second ( this is assuming Leigh can beat the cappers at Headingley ) 

And as I've put before London 2018 , so no chickens being counted 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So the dogs are this year's champions of the slope 😉 

Still can't see anybody except York catching Fev for second ( this is assuming Leigh can beat the cappers at Headingley ) 

And as I've put before London 2018 , so no chickens being counted 

Assuming? Are you kidding they will get 50 if we play like we are and don't get some of these players fit.

Quietly Expected a Batley win today, you can sense all is not well behind the scenes at Featherstone and the turnover of players be it through injury or loan/release and the rumour of unrest just made me feel Batley would take it. They are also probably the best team in the division for managing that slope having got a big one themselves.

Featherstone have now lost their invincible status that they had for the last couple of years and look a little flaky, I can now see a few more losses. This is where McDermott earns his money and needs to draw on all his experience with Leeds. All that goes for my own team aswell and I’m sure Lam knows that. 

18 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Oxy you usually talk sense and arnt usually wide of the mark but have you seen how many players are out ?

I kind of agree with Bulls that on paper the team you had out should still be beating Batley and thats not disrespecting Batley thats just guessing on the amounts of money spent when you compare the two teams. I get that Fev have a lot of players missing but a lot of other teams suffer with injury as well but I imagine Fev have maybe the 2nd biggest squad in the league? With comfortably the 2nd biggest spend so its hard to look at this as anything other than a shock. Again though Batley are a very good, very tough team, that are hard to beat.

15 minutes ago, Thunder Road said:

Halifax are not also rans.

Proper decent team my friend. You cannot slip up now.Barrow are dam good.

But for a poor kick they would have drawn against us..

3rd could be for the taking Hard work required..Exciting times.

The also rans was more regards to the top 2 that the rest of us feel like we are chasing, todays result maybe puts a bit of doubt in that 2nd spot for Febv though now. But yeah I agree Barrow are a decent team and in the other thread I have predicted that Barrow will beat us. I feel a little more confident knowing that our preperation won't be as rushed as it could be but its going to be a big ask but its one we have to win if we want to battle for 3rd instead of 5th/6th.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

If I remember correctly you went into the last game you played at Barrow as firm favourites having easily beaten them a few weeks earlier at the Shay and Barrow won. It will be a tight game as both are doing well at the moment. Sammut will be key for Barrow in moving them around the field and Moore for Halifax with his strong defencive tackling. 

Barrow 26-22 Halifax 

A scoreline similar would not surprise me I think Barrow between 4-8 points although if the halifax turn up that turned up against York we could win by 12 or more. The key for us will be our pack getting on the front foot as Woody, Jouffrett, and Keyes look very good but they can't do what they do if our pack goes backwards.

8 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Assuming? Are you kidding they will get 50 if we play like we are and don't get some of these players fit.

Can you clarify what you mean by mentioning injuries?

I looked at your team today and it looked strong, in fact very strong. You had first choice all across the backline (I'm assuming you signed Jack Broadbent to play in the first team)

You were able to put Jonathan Ford on the bench behind two first choice halves

Perhaps you had a couple of forwards out. Kopzak? Bussey? 

But it was hardly a squad full of kids and ringers. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JonM said:

Widnes 26 London 22 FT. London were 22-6 up after 30 minutes. John Lear's first game officially in charge and a debut try for

The turning point was a try by Widnes going into half time which came from flag up for a forward pass that even the Widnes fans agreed with, but the ref awarded the try then couple of mistakes close to London line from fumbles and a hard bounce gave Widnes a celebration and broncos a bitter pill! 

London were good but why bother with Albert - 10/15 mins for a full game - marquee signing who has not matched his rep but paratta has excelled

Edited by watcherofRL

Bulls looked good but Dewsbury offered very little after the first twenty minutes.

Chester Butler gets better every week after some prolonged injury issues at Huddersfield. Dec Patton and Chester are probably our only current Superleague-standard players. Ant Walker would be if he lost some weight. He'll surprise a few teams in the World Cup.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Funny thing is Batley were good enough to take their chances unlike 'fax who could have still been playing and not scored

16 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Bulls looked good but Dewsbury offered very little after the first twenty minutes.

Chester Butler gets better every week after some prolonged injury issues at Huddersfield. Dec Patton and Chester are probably our only current Superleague-standard players. Ant Walker would be if he lost some weight. He'll surprise a few teams in the World Cup.

Sad to say but think Dewsbury are down now. Might do us good, a season to re-group and come back up. And can't see many teams coming in for any of our squad. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

He needs to go on the Sebastian Raguin regime. 

21 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Funny thing is Batley were good enough to take their chances unlike 'fax who could have still been playing and not scored

What am I missing here? You mean when we played Leigh? If so I totally agree we could be still playing and not scored. As for our game over at Fev literally the difference between the teams was an unlucky bounce of the ball for one of Fev's try's and Jouffrett pulling his hammy when he broke through which would have been a 2 on 1 which would have put the game to bed along with many Fev fans saying the best side lost. The way things are looking though our last game of the season at the Shay could have implications for both our seasons. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Does he really want to be at your place David after his outrage when at Toronto about small town teams and big city club's?

Never bought into the faux outrage over that one Harry, he was singing a tune appropriate to his then employer.

He's just a bit krap.  Congratulations on your promotion, we need a minor miracle to challenge you now.

• Haha 1

Good to see Thunder getting back to winning ways this afternoon. Switched off at times and lots to work on especially defensively. Sam Halsall is some player. Feel for Workington, it does look like League One for them next season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Never bought into the faux outrage over that one Harry, he was singing a tune appropriate to his then employer.

He's just a bit krap.  Congratulations on your promotion, we need a minor miracle to challenge you now.

Never over until , as we saw in 2018 

26 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

He also likes padding a squad out when it isn't necessary. It can potentially cause unrest at a club if it isn't done properly.