Jump to content

Fri 24th-Sun 26th Jun: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread


Recommended Posts


18 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Barrow obviously played well, but 18points to the good and with having played 5 days before and having another game in 3 days time against seemingly better opposition the Leigh player's must have considered job done and put the cue on the rack they were there for the taking, a bit more composure by Barrow and they would have won it, but don't even consider that it was a full on performance from Leigh, which you already know, but you do get confused quite easily so I will make allowances for that.

As I was present at the game, I would definitely say Leigh didn't put the cue on the rack. It was more of the case of whatever was said during the break at half time got Barrow motivated. They came out a looking like a different team and were more energetic. As for not considering a full performance from Leigh? Leigh were very lucky IMHO.  

  • Like 2
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just put Davo on mute he’s a sad jealous man with nothing better to do than follow Leigh fans and post sarcastic comments to make him himself feel better, he will do it to this comment from me no doubt because he’s that predictable. Or will he?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, binosh said:

Just put Davo on mute he’s a sad jealous man with nothing better to do than follow Leigh fans and post sarcastic comments to make him himself feel better, he will do it to this comment from me no doubt because he’s that predictable. Or will he?

I've blocked him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Depends if we've even got a pack, our veterans are all busted.

That's what happens when a club brings a bunch of veterans together, it is no surprise that the older a player gets the longer the recovery time from injuries lasts, it really surprises me when expierenced coaches go down this route and moan they are short of players especially the forwards. Saying that Fev's policy of bringing quite a lot of expierence together would (still could) have been good enough to win the Championship if Leigh had not brought together a relatively young team across the squad with the exception of Inu and Ferguson but those two are out of the way from the crash, bang wallop that the forwards go through.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's what happens when a club brings a bunch of veterans together, it is no surprise that the older a player gets the longer the recovery time from injuries lasts, it really surprises me when expierenced coaches go down this route and moan they are short of players especially the forwards. Saying that Fev's policy of bringing quite a lot of expierence together would (still could) have been good enough to win the Championship if Leigh had not brought together a relatively young team across the squad with the exception of Inu and Ferguson but those two are out of the way from the crash, bang wallop that the forwards go through.

Then there's the insanity of having three decent championship props out on loan and then not recalling them for games against the "lesser" teams.

We really haven't used our squad intelligently this season. Two of those three props were more than adequate against the lower championship teams last year and the Aussie import played this level over there.

Brian Mac continues to baffle me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Then there's the insanity of having three decent championship props out on loan and then not recalling them for games against the "lesser" teams.

We really haven't used our squad intelligently this season. Two of those three props were more than adequate against the lower championship teams last year and the Aussie import played this level over there.

Brian Mac continues to baffle me.

I don't think you're the first 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, binosh said:

Bet Fergy Ferg is regretting a few life decisions trotting out on a limited capacity Uni tonight.

 

726 , not bad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Leigh cruising as expected.  They really are in a leauge of their own.  

Will be taking my abacus to Odsal next week

You nearly beat us in the challenge cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leyth win 58-4 

Looks like Ferguson's bubble has burst , we score 10 trys and he can't get one , rubbish 😉

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, georgeb1 said:

can sheffield really see a future with less than capacity(900) in a home game against the most attractive side in the league

It amazes me how Sheffield keep going with the crowd's they get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...