Mon 27th Jun: Ch: Barrow Raiders v Halifax Panthers KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Barrow Raiders
    • Halifax Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/22 at 19:15

I can see us losing this one, the logistics of getting the team up there on a Monday night is going to make it a real struggle. I think on a normal Sunday game it would be a really tough game as expected but think we would manage a close win but a Monday night,meh.

Barring Fev on the last day this is probably our toughest remaining fixture in the race for 3rd or at least to the point of looking at the fixtures and thinking no home advantage and the Monday night thing. 10 wins from 12 should be enough for 3rd place as long as one of those wins is over York but obviously York and Batley will have a huge say but both have to play Leigh and Fev each again.

Edited by The Blues Ox

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

dont forget you still have 2 games against your nearest  and dearest to come.😉

I think it would be quite a shock if we lost either to be honest. Bradford won't want to be playing us on nice wide pitches. I think Batley, York, and Sheffield away will prove to be a lot tougher test in reality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think it would be quite a shock if we lost either to be honest. Bradford won't want to be playing us on nice wide pitches. I think Batley, York, and Sheffield away will prove to be a lot tougher test in reality.

Ah the old Bradford cant play on a normal or wide pitch argument 😂

The only away games we have lost all season have been at Fev and Leigh.   Not bad id say.  Wide pitches arent the issue.  Its playing at home thats been our problem.  Believe me, playing at home is far from an advantage for us.

I look forward to causing a shock or 2 😉

Edited by Ragingbull

16 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Ah the old Bradford cant play on a normal or wide pitch argument 😂

The only away games we have lost all season have been at Fev and Leigh.   Not bad id say.  Wide pitches arent the issue.  Its playing at home thats been our problem.  Believe me, playing at home is far from an advantage for us.

I look forward to causing a shock or 2 😉

Oh I should have made myself clear, I don't think we will win purley just because of the wider pitches we play on, more just because we are the better side. 😉 Id pray for rain those 2 days if I were you. 🤣

• Like 1

battle of the French men then! Miloudi/Cozza v Jouffret/Larroyer

• Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

33 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

Fax win for me , barrow are a good team but fax will turn up when it matters , fax 26 barrow 16.

agree fax have too much for a good barrow side

On 23/06/2022 at 08:40, The Blues Ox said:

Oh I should have made myself clear, I don't think we will win purley just because of the wider pitches we play on, more just because we are the better side. 😉 Id pray for rain those 2 days if I were you. 🤣

No that wasnt clear. You stated   bradford couldnt play on a wide pitch,   i dispelled that comment with facts rather than opinions.   Now you  bring the weather in to it? 

Are u able to clarify what impact rain should have on the outcome of a game of rugby between the Panthers and the Bulls? 

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

No that wasnt clear. You stated   bradford couldnt play on a wide pitch,   i dispelled that comment with facts rather than opinions.   Now you  bring the weather in to it? 

Are u able to clarify what impact rain should have on the outcome of a game of rugby between the Panthers and the Bulls? 

Im not sure where to start. 🤣 

"You stated Bradford couldn't play on a wide pitch"  Yeah that's not quite what I said is it?

As for the weather, rain tends the make the ball a little bit more slippy than it is normally which means there is added concerns about ball security which in turn tends to slow the game down a little and means teams can not play the type of rugby they may want to play if it were say a cloudy day or a mildly warm day. There is also the factor of how it is harder for both the defenders and the attackers to regain their feet at the play the ball which again tends to slow the game down and can help advantage bigger teams and any difference in fitness levels can be reduced in these type of conditions.

So basically what I am trying to say is that Bradford are fat, slow, overweight, out of shape, lack fitness, lack Rugby League finess, and that is the reason I think Fax might get the better of them if the weather is dry. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4