Mon 27th Jun: Ch: Barrow Raiders v Halifax Panthers KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Barrow Raiders
    • Halifax Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/22 at 19:15

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Just stop digging, you already look like a thoroughly unpleasant person. 

Why because I think its ok for our players to protect and look after their selves? If it was unprovoked or sly or a cheap shot I would agree with you. It wasn't though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive watched the incident numerous times now and not changed my view. The ref had not even given a penalty until Worthington threw a punch. Maloudi hits Worthington round the head with his first attempt. Should have meant the whistle going before he had the chance to have another go, he then gets him in an illegal hold around his head which is a crusher type hold(Ironically I gave a coaching session just before this game where I talked about being careful about putting people in illegal holds) but he also separates his head away from Worthington and then goes back in which although its not really malicious its still a headbutt. Ive no problem with the Worthington red card, the Gwaze one is soft because Miloudi milked it but I stick to what I said originally that the ref calls the first head high tackle which was awful technique then we don't lose 2 players for the next 5+ games. Then the worse thing is we got the penalty which made out like they saw the high tackle, watch the actions of the touch judge and ref, they were not giving it till the punch.

On the game itself, Ive said before I think this is the best Fax team since 2010 and its just a shame we lost the Widnes gain in watersplash conditions because once the dry grounds have come we play some beatiful rugby league. A quality performance and a game i think we could have easily lost if we turned up with the wrong attitude because Barrow are not a bad side.

Nonsense.

Just now, The Blues Ox said:

Why because I think its ok for our players to protect and look after their selves? If it was unprovoked or sly or a cheap shot I would agree with you. It wasn't though.

Because you’re advocating violence and believe it’s okay. Thankfully, your Head Coach is a classier and more honest individual than yourself. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Because you’re advocating violence and believe it’s okay. Thankfully, your Head Coach is a classier and more honest individual than yourself. 

The officials didn't look after our player so he looked after himself. No ive really no problem with that at all and I know 100% that Simon Grix will say the same to Worthington as well away from the cameras.

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

The officials didn't look after our player so he looked after himself. No ive really no problem with that at all and I know 100% that Simon Grix will say the same to Worthington as well away from the cameras.

Course you do. 

• Haha 1

Are you watching a different video? Its clear as day on that video. He's a grub that got what he deserved, hes used to trying to bully people and he picked on the wrong person.

Ive watched it, it isnt an innocuous takle by any means, you see them week in week out, it was high and I think the touch judge pointed to that in the discussion with the ref, hence the penalty call after two well deserved reds. The yellow was a ridiculous call. 8 matches each will be justified and your apraisal for such thuggery is disgraceful fella.

• Like 6

2 feet off the ground with a swinging arm. Should have been enough for at least a yellow just to start with. But yeah Worthington you have just got to accept getting banged round the head and the officials missing it. Oh and heres someone sticking the nut on you as well. All in a days work. 🤣

image.png.01c45465f532a60fb0b4477d0858f9fb.png

Dangerous hold , putting lots of pressure on the neck , then pushing his head repeatedly into the side of Worthington's , the officials missed it , similar things happen regularly every week , Miloudi knew exactly what he was doing , and got what he was looking for , double in fact , but still lost the game 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Ive watched it, it isnt an innocuous takle by any means, you see them week in week out, it was high and I think the touch judge pointed to that in the discussion with the ref, hence the penalty call after two well deserved reds. The yellow was a ridiculous call. 8 matches each will be justified and your apraisal for such thuggery is disgraceful fella.

But both officials missed the high tackle, neither got it otherwise Maloudi would not have got a second chance. Worthington was been allowed to stand up and play the ball and still the whistle had not gone. Worthington chose to take matters in to his own hands and his boxing skills came to good use.

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Dangerous hold , putting lots of pressure on the neck , then pushing his head repeatedly into the side of Worthington's , the officials missed it , similar things happen regularly every week , Miloudi knew exactly what he was doing , and got what he was looking for , double in fact , but still lost the game 

Unfortunately in sport and society the reactor gets punished more than the aggressor , look back to the fairbank/ hallas incident, hallas elbow smashes him to the face resulting in 10+ stitches, fairbank punches him gets 5 hallas gets 0 , depends if you want truth n justice or lies n bs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Just watched video.  First Barrow player goes in with swinging arm.  Then rejoins tackle when player cant defend himself to put his head in and rip on his neck.  Then applies pressure, again when player cant defend himself. 

100% should be banned and I think player must have right to defend himself in ref wont. 

Spot on and first Barrow player is also Maloudi. He should not have even been given the chance to go back in the game should have been stopped at that point. Like I say I think it was frustration because Worthington had him in his back pocket all game.

But both officials missed the high tackle, neither got it otherwise Maloudi would not have got a second chance. Worthington was been allowed to stand up and play the ball and still the whistle had not gone. Worthington chose to take matters in to his own hands and his boxing skills came to good use.

Another shameful comment, it is rugby not boxing and thuggery deserves a straight red. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Anonymouse said:

Another shameful comment, it is rugby not boxing and thuggery deserves a straight red. 

Yeah he was always getting a red, Ive no problem at all with the red card it was justified but I also believe Worthingtons reaction was justified. You don't get to take liberties on a rugby field and get away with it. Its a tough sport and if you are going to act like a grub you have to accept that at some point you are going to get your ass handed to you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

2 feet off the ground with a swinging arm. Should have been enough for at least a yellow just to start with. But yeah Worthington you have just got to accept getting banged round the head and the officials missing it. Oh and heres someone sticking the nut on you as well. All in a days work. 🤣

image.png.01c45465f532a60fb0b4477d0858f9fb.png

In truth Oxy , the original high tackle was a bit tame , high , yes , penalty yes , it's the head lock and head movement that is the main issue , would I have hit him ? 🤔

Yep 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah he was always getting a red, Ive no problem at all with the red card it was justified but I also believe Worthingtons reaction was justified. You don't get to take liberties on a rugby field and get away with it. Its a tough sport and if you are going to act like a grub you have to accept that at some point you are going to get your ass handed to you. 

If you can't keep you fists in the boxing ring then stick to boxing in the ring . the ref is there to sort it out, if the ref messes up then you swallow the pill and play a smarter game to get your revenge, not use another players head as a punch bag.

1 minute ago, Anonymouse said:

If you can't keep you fists in the boxing ring then stick to boxing in the ring . the ref is there to sort it out, if the ref messes up then you swallow the pill and play a smarter game to get your revenge, not use another players head as a punch bag.

If you don't want to get punched , don't try to rip somebody's head off , you do realise how dangerous that hold was , don't you ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If you don't want to get punched , don't try to rip somebody's head off , you do realise how dangerous that hold was , don't you ? 

Ive seen it several times and have seen that kind of mis judged grasp many times and a resulting penalty given. Ripping his head off? give over, get real. It was a poor tackle, high and a penalty. The Faxs player over reacted, 3 to 4 severe blows to the face and head, over aggressive and deserves a 7 to 8 ban. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Disgusting comment.

Miloudi is a grub and deserved to be chinned , might think twice next time , the world n sport d be a better place if the aggressor was called out more than the reactor . Hope it continues till it stops .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Swallow the pill when someone targets your head,  then crushes your neck when you are defenceless whilst trying to headbutt you? Ok George Lansbury. 

Must be funny tasting water east of the border. 

Miloudis contact was a penalty and nothing more, it was high contact then a grapple tackle. He wasnt 'crushing his neck.' The punch came out of absolutely no where and deserved a red. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

Miloudi is a grub and deserved to be chinned , might think twice next time , the world n sport d be a better place if the aggressor was called out more than the reactor . Hope it continues till it stops .

if fists are the answer then you have lost the argument, in any field sport

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Ive seen it several times and have seen that kind of mis judged grasp many times and a resulting penalty given. Ripping his head off? give over, get real. It was a poor tackle, high and a penalty. The Faxs player over reacted, 3 to 4 severe blows to the face and head, over aggressive and deserves a 7 to 8 ban. 

Pressure is not to be exerted to the neck , I'm not interested in the initial ' slap ' but if the ref doesn't give it a foul then things just start to escalate , Miloudi did 3 fouls , all to Worthington's head before we saw the retaliation , cards all round , should all be red 

Next game 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

If you have to resort to clotheslining an opponent, followed by a crusher tackle and an aggressive headrub you might as well join the ufc . 

Its sad to see supporters praising repeated punching to the head and face, one blow could kill, these blokes are powerful, a mis judged takle does not deserve a possible life threatening brain injury or worse. But thats just my take on it. Goodnight.  

• Like 1