Sun 26th Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/22 at 14:30

It happens more than often, Salford take their home advantage and normally beat us at their patch and vice verser when Salford come to Belle Vue I always fancy our chances and it pans out this way. Think we will lose this but we should have enough points in the bag now providing we take the vital 2 pts at St James's.

Score Prediction Salford 22-12 Trinity.

Real home and away fixture is this.  Salford played a sneaky covid card to avoid travelling to BV last season (Copping a £25k fine if I recall) and we took the points earlier this year.  Over at Salford we do seem to fall apart for some reason. Remember last years game when we must have thrown more passes into the seating than into the hands of our wingers. 

Betfred have Salford 8/15 and Wakefield 13/8.  suggesting they feel the same.

Jack Smith in charge.  Think he's recently usurped  Kendall as the worst out there so owt could happen

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Sad 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

11 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Wakey by loads. Have Salford actually got any forwards?

11 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Wakey by loads. Have Salford actually got any forwards?

No. Most are out injured. 

Looking at the two teams Wakefield have more injuries in the backs (Tupou, Johnstone, Lyne and Kershaw mainly) yet look pretty healthy in the forwards except Arona on international duty.

Salford look healthy in the backs and less so in the forwards yet they still have some handy players to field. 

i would hope Wakefield players and coach don’t buy into this injury crisis as looking at the 17 it’s a handy one that can do the job. 

Should be a competitive game this one.

Edited by Trojan Horse

11 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Salford are down to the bare bones but comparing the 2 teams and Salford are at home I think they'll get the win.

They might be low on troops but they have their starting 1-9 + 13 out on the park and also a number of forwards you’d argue would be in their starting line up too available. 

Yes they are missing some but they have the majority of who you’d expect their starting 17 available. 

it’s hardly a poor squad and I would hope trinity do not take them lightly.

They are in better shape than trinity in some areas of the field injury wise, especially in the backs. 

Something I don’t think other teams realise but with Tupou, TJ, Lyne, Kay and Kershaw injured in the backs we have played the majority of this season with a 19 and 20 year old on the left. Though they do look like absolutely quality young players. 

Edited by Trojan Horse

18 hours ago, DG70 said:

Salford are down to the bare bones but comparing the 2 teams and Salford are at home I think they'll get the win.

I'm not buying that. 

Clubs have squads to rotate players due to form or cover for the preferred first 17. Doesn't mean the players coming in are bad players or even less in quality.

we've got out share of injuries now and in recent seasons have had horrendous situations regarding injuries but got on with it.

The players Salford put out will be competitive and for me this could go either way.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

They might be low on troops but they have their starting 1-9 + 13 out on the park and also a number of forwards you’d argue would be in their starting line up too available. 

Yes they are missing some but they have the majority of who you’d expect their starting 17 available. 

it’s hardly a poor squad and I would hope trinity do not take them lightly.

They are in better shape than trinity in some areas of the field injury wise, especially in the backs. 

Something I don’t think other teams realise but with Tupou, TJ, Lyne, Kay and Kershaw injured in the backs we have played the majority of this season with a 19 and 20 year old on the left. Though they do look like absolutely quality young players. 

Exactly,

Trin really scrapping the barrel on their three quarters. Even their 19 year old player you mention now out injured.

Would be a real achievement to win with that back line.