Sun 26th Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/22 at 14:30

Was expecting typical Trinity no show performance after a couple of wins, but not that bad. We started well and probably thought it would be an easy day, Salford started to play and we didn’t know what to do.  Salford played very well, we were terrible.  That’s just the first 30 mins listening on radio had to turn off after that.  We’re always capable of putting in a couple of performances like this every season.  

Up the Trin 

38 minutes ago, Josef K said:

It looks as if Wakey have signed off for the season knowing they’re safe. 

exactly what i mean- season after season - time for them to go 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Was expecting typical Trinity no show performance after a couple of wins, but not that bad. We started well and probably thought it would be an easy day, Salford started to play and we didn’t know what to do.  Salford played very well, we were terrible.  That’s just the first 30 mins listening on radio had to turn off after that.  We’re always capable of putting in a couple of performances like this every season.  

Up the Trin 

I'd say we've had three already with Cas at home and Leeds away (although it could be said that although skill and execution was appalling at Leeds at least there was effort). So if it is just two so far does that mean that we can rest assured that we'll play like we give a 💩 from now on?

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

To be scrupulously fair, you didn't actually say whether they'd win or lose by loads.

Currently Salford 56:10 Wakefield, with 20 minutes to go.

Yeah hedged my bets there! To be fair after a couple of lucky wins i’d forgotten how garbage we are. Rumour has it Tom Lineham still has made it back to our line after chasing Joe Burgess back. 

4 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Wakefield's thinking probably was to keep their powder dry and go all in for the TO game at Magick.

Still though, the City Reds pulled down their trousers today and gave them a very red behind with that thumping.

Salford are quite good to watch when they throw the ball around like this.

If that is really what they thought, then they deserve everything they get.  In my view they, and all other teams,  should put out their strongest side no matter the opposition,  no matter whatever upcoming fixtures.  It's not fair to the loyal fans  and can easily back fire . Wakefield players must be in shock and that can affect their confidence in the next few games.

My opinion on Salford at the seasons start , they'll win well and lose badly , given the squad and Paul's philosophy , that's how it will be , bad for Wakey , but will be targeting Toulouse at Magic , win that and they should be safe 

I've said this previously but Wakefield are just a strange team.

They can have some really fine performances and good results one week then are absolutely appalling the next.

I actually think they have punched above their weight for a number of years which is a credit to them.

Saying that. it's a fantastic result for Salford, another club who I suspect are punching above their weight slightly, I doubt anyone saw this result coming?

16 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Well I'm glad I've made my mind up to not travel next week v Wigan after that showing. 

Can any Trinity fan who was there share with us all what on earth went so wrong? Knew we would lose but so throw the kitchen towel in at ht is an understatement 😫

It's because the referee had a poor game probably?

Some Wakey fans had already decided that during the week

7 minutes ago, meast said:

Poor referee?

Yes irrespective of the result which had nothing whatsoever to do with Jack Smith, surely you can accept he is a very poor referee. Many fans of clubs other than Wakey can see that 

Difficult to analyse a game like that but the gap in quality between the outside backs (Lewis Murphy excepted) was stark. 

Further, for the supposed 'worst pack in Super League', we completely dominated the middle. Ormondroyd is a vastly underrated player, Gerrard played 60 mins straight and Dupree looks like he is going to be a very good middle. This was all without our best prop forward as well.

The way we play means we will get pumped a few times but are capable of handing out a hiding to plenty of sides. Especially when Brodie Croft plays like that.

"I feel the need, the need for speed!!!"

The pre-Great War French army believed in the tactic of "Offensive à Outrance" before the conflict turned to attrition.

Rowleyball has that same spirit of excess attack, based on speed, and a recognition of the team's obvious weaknesses. Clearly the team lacks some meat in the forwards, but on this occasion the Reds played to their strengths.

Thus in my eyes, the narrative should be a case of Salford overwhelming Wakey, not a case of Trinity having a bad day.

They simply did not have an answer to SRD's "Offensive à Outrance"

A couple of points. Good to see the flowing ball movement, the defence was much tighter and of course there was some remarkable tries scored. The newbies are so impressed that they are off to the Wires next week for their first away. Job done. 

There was a whole gamut of gloom characteristically surrounding Salford fans this week. That display has pretty much blown that away. Well until the next crushing defeat of course!

Reasons to be cheerful part 74 ✌️😄✌️

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

"I feel the need, the need for speed!!!"

The pre-Great War French army believed in the tactic 

That nothing new, Trinity have the same philosophy. Unfortunately it all went wrong when some bright spark decided to sign Tom Lineham

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Yes irrespective of the result which had nothing whatsoever to do with Jack Smith, surely you can accept he is a very poor referee. Many fans of clubs other than Wakey can see that 

I don't watch referees or judge them, it's all subjective though, but some people have prejudged opinions.

Edited by meast
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, meast said:

I don't watch referees or judge them, it's all subjective though, but some people have prejudged opinions.

Prejudged on an RL forum, surely not!

I've said it before, refs make thousands of decisions pre match and they're correct 95-98% according to the rules.

The myths around refs of yesteryear and those in the NRL are comical.

We bl**dy lucky to have the quality of refs we have and even luckier to have any refs at all because most of us wouldn't do it for 10 times the money they're on.

Being a ref is like being a teacher everyone knows how it should be done and could do it better but never actually do.

:kolobok_diablo: SRD won you know!

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political