Sun 26th Jun: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:15 (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/22 at 14:45

10 hours ago, meast said:

Hopefully they're still trying to get their own back by 5.45pm on Sunday  😀

If they're still on the pitch by then they should have scored enough points to win as the game's due to finish around 5pm. 

Interesting that this game is on Sky, seems to have escaped JD's attention.

Huddersfield should be too strong for Rovers but they often have a knack of winning when not expected to on their own ground so I doubt there'll be much between the sides.

Hull KR 18 Hudds 22.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• John Drake changed the title to Sun 26th Jun: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:15 (Sky)
2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

If they're still on the pitch by then they should have scored enough points to win as the game's due to finish around 5pm. 

Huddersfield should be too strong for Rovers but they often have a knack of winning when not expected to on their own ground so I doubt there'll be much between the sides.

Hull KR 18 Hudds 22.

5.45 gives them time to get over it and to get tapping away about how many fans they won by though 😃

• Haha 2

On 21/06/2022 at 20:14, meast said:

Getting their own back?

Presumably that's for the 8 times out of the last 9 games we've beaten them, or was it due to the fact that their 7,000 fans at the semi final all left early?

Hopefully they're still trying to get their own back by 5.45pm on Sunday  😀

IMG_20220621_201015.jpg

It is social media geeks who post all that stuff. Obviously just trying to sell the game. 

Always see stuff like 'Sunday prep' and pictures of players training on Instagram. Good for the kids as that sort of terminology is widely used amongst the younger lot but it isn't for me. 

I'm 34 and hit that miserable point in life already, obviously 😂

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

It is social media geeks who post all that stuff. Obviously just trying to sell the game. 

Always see stuff like 'Sunday prep' and pictures of players training on Instagram. Good for the kids as that sort of terminology is widely used amongst the younger lot but it isn't for me. 

I'm 34 and hit that miserable point in life already, obviously 😂

I've not got a problem with it, I like a bit of banter, as long as it stays that way and doesn't get OTT 👍🏼

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Two weeks ago these clubs met at reserve team level with Hull KR winning by 66-16.

I'm expecting a rather closer contest on Sunday so I'll go with the bookies who say Rovers by 2.

Giants reserves are basically U19s with a smattering of loan players from Halifax and Hunslet.

Big, big waste imo 

11 hours ago, meast said:

I've not got a problem with it, I like a bit of banter, as long as it stays that way and doesn't get OTT 👍🏼

I always find it a bit weird that club's social media teams will have a bit of back and forth thinking they're funny when in reality it is just 2 random blokes who have never played a game in their life behind a phone screen 🤣

Looking forward to this - if the trains actually get me there!!

Hoping we can make them boo louder than they usually do and start away fan counting before the end as that usually means we're beating them and they don't like it!!!

I'm not using the Semi final as some form of yardstick for this as it's gone and is history, although we comfortably smashed them i expect it to be a different matter at the newKcomlightstreamKchullcollegems3sewellgroup Craven Park Stadium with their boisterious (booing and swearing and singing rude songs about the referee when they're losing) fans.

Hopefully we wil be too strong for them again, still missing Hill and Fages who are big losses to us.

Edited by daz39
  • Like 1

On 22/06/2022 at 06:42, Old Frightful said:

Hull KR 18 Hudds 22.

I was unaware of that too, mate. Thanks for the info.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I know it's not a big thing but it really annoys me how the BBC show the team list correct for one team (KR) and not the other (Hudds).

The Huddersfield line up is shown as per a Union team with the front row first through to the full back last.

It always seems to be the away team wrong when they make this mistake as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/match/EVP3773393

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 24/06/2022 at 16:42, DimmestStar said:

Two weeks ago these clubs met at reserve team level with Hull KR winning by 66-16.

I'm expecting a rather closer contest on Sunday so I'll go with the bookies who say Rovers by 2.

The odds have flipped for some reason. Huddersfield now favourites with a -2 handicap.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Cudjoe wasn't far off a first half hat-trick.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson