Sun 26th Jun: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:15 (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/22 at 14:45

On 21/06/2022 at 20:14, meast said:

Getting their own back?

Presumably that's for the 8 times out of the last 9 games we've beaten them, or was it due to the fact that their 7,000 fans at the semi final all left early?

Hopefully they're still trying to get their own back by 5.45pm on Sunday  😀

IMG_20220621_201015.jpg

I guess they'll have to wait until next year to get their own back..... they're going to need to win 110-0 though 🙂 

16 hours ago, JohnM said:

It's such a nice image, Hull KR fans chanting "the ref is an onanist" live on Sky in front of how many viewers of our family sport.

The sad part is that there are constant announcments about how RL is a family sport and respect for all etc yet they do nothing about the foul and abusive chanting of their fans, it's every game that they don't win.

Surely the KR club should be doing more to eradicate it?

• Like 2

Rovers did alright for the first 10 minutes, even though the scoreline was close at half time, the game was gone.

Once we got over that quick start by KR and only found ourselves 4-0 down, we easily got on the front foot, we didn't get our hands on the ball for the first few minutes but when we did we easily rolled them.

I said after about 10 minutes, we were making easy yards, we were rolling them downfield, we were crunching them in defence, I said at half time, we'd batter them in the second half, they had run out of ideas, the don't necessairly play to structures like we do, they just run around and hope things work out.

I just love the way we play, it might not be great, open, rugby but we just kill teams to death with our workrate, our completion, almost error free processes then just put teams to the sword with speed, power and skill.

As I've said, there's not many teams can live with the intensity in which the Giants play at.

The Saints game in 3 weeks will be interesting. 

• Like 2

Excellent result for an on fire Hudds. As for HKR, they are better than that surely.

Amazingly, the BBC are allowing comments on this match. They rarely bother with RL then randomly allow one. Perhaps it’s a quiet time for them and just as well because the moderator has been busy deleting them.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 hour ago, meast said:

Rovers did alright for the first 10 minutes, even though the scoreline was close at half time, the game was gone.

Once we got over that quick start by KR and only found ourselves 4-0 down, we easily got on the front foot, we didn't get our hands on the ball for the first few minutes but when we did we easily rolled them.

I said after about 10 minutes, we were making easy yards, we were rolling them downfield, we were crunching them in defence, I said at half time, we'd batter them in the second half, they had run out of ideas, the don't necessairly play to structures like we do, they just run around and hope things work out.

I just love the way we play, it might not be great, open, rugby but we just kill teams to death with our workrate, our completion, almost error free processes then just put teams to the sword with speed, power and skill.

As I've said, there's not many teams can live with the intensity in which the Giants play at.

See, I think we do play some fantastic open rugby - just when it's "on" and not every play out of desperation. 

But you're right about the way we rolled them, and the Saints game is going to be a tough one 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meast said:

Once we got over that quick start by KR

That's something you are going to have to fix, because I suspect that other teams will do the same, but more effectively than Hull KR.

4 hours ago, Ant said:

See, I think we do play some fantastic open rugby - just when it's "on" and not every play out of desperation. 

But you're right about the way we rolled them, and the Saints game is going to be a tough one 

I meant we are very structured in how we dismantle teams then we turn it on, some teams, KR, a good example, just chuck it around in hope rather in any kind of structure.

It's almost like we torture teams before finishing them off.

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Once we got over that quick start by KR

That's something you are going to have to fix, because I suspect that other teams will do the same, but more effectively than Hull KR.

I'm not concerned about it, we are more than good enough to get over it as we proved yesterday, rovers threw quite a bit at us, but to quote first aid kit, we just kept on keeping on.

Even against better teams we have shown enough to suggest that it's not an issue, previous soft Huddersfield sides may have been undone by poor starts but not this team.

Really good start. Quick-fire try and looked in a good place.

Then King and Hall go off early and Litten and Lewis pick up knocks. We had to reshuffle and the players who came on to replace injuries are squad/rotational types. 

Always difficult to stop a good side like Huddersfield when that happens. I turned round to my mate and said, why do we always seem to get injuries in the key positions? Literally turn back to look at pitch and Lewis was down with a leg injury. One of them 'couldn't make it up' situations.

Can't fault the effort (for the most part) but just don't have the quality to stay in them type of games when changes are needed.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2022 at 16:26, JohnM said:

It's such a nice image, Hull KR fans chanting "the ref is an onanist" live on Sky in front of how many viewers of our family sport.

20 minutes after their pa announcing that anti social behaviour and bad language isn't tolerated and anyone witnessing it should report it to the nearest steward!! I reckon it would have been laughed at by Hull KR if anyone would have actually reported it. 

1 hour ago, meast said:

I meant we are very structured in how we dismantle teams then we turn it on, some teams, KR, a good example, just chuck it around in hope rather in any kind of structure.

It's almost like we torture teams before finishing them off.

according to Anti Giants Wells though Hull kr play proper Rugby and we don't that's why he has thought twice now Hull kr have nothing to worry about when playing us!! 

Maybe we've just been lucky 3 times now that the fantastically entertaining Hull kr have let us smash them and not bother ripping us to shreds! 

Wells is a clown and Kr just aren't as good as us.

1 hour ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Really good start. Quick-fire try and looked in a good place.

Then King and Hall go off early and Litten and Lewis pick up knocks. We had to reshuffle and the players who came on to replace injuries are squad/rotational types. 

Always difficult to stop a good side like Huddersfield when that happens. I turned round to my mate and said, why do we always seem to get injuries in the key positions? Literally turn back to look at pitch and Lewis was down with a leg injury. One of them 'couldn't make it up' situations.

Can't fault the effort (for the most part) but just don't have the quality to stay in them type of games when changes are needed.

Those injuries were a crippler for you, we had a similar situation a game earlier in the year. 

Talking of injuries how is Coote after his nasty looking bout of embarrraseditis just after half time?  poor fella looked in a bad way. 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, bobbruce said:

On that link is anyone brave/foolish enough to click on the Wire v Hull highlights. 

BBC Two - Stevie Wonder at the BBC

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

15 hours ago, daz39 said:

Those injuries were a crippler for you, we had a similar situation a game earlier in the year. 

Talking of injuries how is Coote after his nasty looking bout of embarrraseditis just after half time?  poor fella looked in a bad way. 

I decided to get very drunk after the game so in all honesty I can't even remember what happened 🤣

15 hours ago, daz39 said:

according to Anti Giants Wells though Hull kr play proper Rugby and we don't that's why he has thought twice now Hull kr have nothing to worry about when playing us!! 

Maybe we've just been lucky 3 times now that the fantastically entertaining Hull kr have let us smash them and not bother ripping us to shreds! 

Wells is a clown and Kr just aren't as good as us.

Nah you're just a better side at the minute. A bit dull in my opinion but very effective. You're third, we're not. Dunno why Wells would say something like that. 

3 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Nah you're just a better side at the minute. A bit dull in my opinion but very effective. You're third, we're not. Dunno why Wells would say something like that. 

Listen to him, he puts in a snide little dig about us everytime he mentions us.

On Thursday when Carney asked him if it's a top 4 this season he couldn't bring himself to admit we were in that group so called it a top 3 plus 1, he has an issue with us and no one seems to know why.

We are effective without being spectatular, we wear teams down then pounce, to be honest if it gets us success and it seems to be then i will be delighted.

Wells is awful, I think he'd struggle to say a compliment about us if he had a gun to his head.

As for "The Giants are dull", this is another rubbish line from the abysmal Sky team. 

Methodical, ruthless and efficient. Until a shift is on, then it's pressed home. Look at Gerrys tries, or Leroy's 3rd, or Leuteli's and tell me they are dull? 

Sky, like a lot of others think the Giants are still the same team of the early 00s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ant said:

Wells is awful, I think he'd struggle to say a compliment about us if he had a gun to his head.

As for "The Giants are dull", this is another rubbish line from the abysmal Sky team. 

Methodical, ruthless and efficient. Until a shift is on, then it's pressed home. Look at Gerrys tries, or Leroy's 3rd, or Leuteli's and tell me they are dull? 

Sky, like a lot of others think the Giants are still the same team of the early 00s

Spot on and now we're back to doing well on the pitch the crowd diggers are back out.

We have played some superb stuff this year after we've strangled the life out of our opponents but for some reason this seems to be seen as a negative.

It's fine though, it's always been them against us and that's how we like it, go about our business and get them moaning about or crowds, we know we're ok on the field then!

• Like 1