Fri 24th Jun: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/22 at 19:30

Warrington are rubbish, but I just don't see where Hull are going to score points. The one crumb of comfort is that Reynolds is gone, so we will have at least one half back with a little bit about them in the team.

We need to turn it into a highly physical forward battle and then we can probably outmuscle Warrington and take a narrow win. But I have no confidence whatsoever.

I'll be wandering over to the HJ with probably little more to look forward to than a decent kip on the way home. I'm hoping that the post Reynolds fall out will boost the side and Joe Lovodua is in the halves. Perhaps this is a good time to give Denive Balmforth another outing after a memorable try for the academy side at Wakey last weekend, he'll need little motivation v Wire, the team who let him go. The forwards should do their job and then we'll see who, if anybody, steps up to convert their efforts into points.

Aside from a narrow squeak home defeat to Saints the other week and a surprisingly easy home win v Hudds some time before that, Wire have been garbage and I have no idea why this game is on Sky, presumably to make all the other teams feel better maybe?

Wire 16 Hull FC 12.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 22/06/2022 at 15:35, Old Frightful said:

I'll be wandering over to the HJ with probably little more to look forward to than a decent kip on the way home. I'm hoping that the post Reynolds fall out will boost the side and Joe Lovodua is in the halves. Perhaps this is a good time to give Denive Balmforth another outing after a memorable try for the academy side at Wakey last weekend, he'll need little motivation v Wire, the team who let him go. The forwards should do their job and then we'll see who, if anybody, steps up to convert their efforts into points.

Aside from a narrow squeak home defeat to Saints the other week and a surprisingly easy home win v Hudds some time before that, Wire have been garbage and I have no idea why this game is on Sky, presumably to make all the other teams feel better maybe?

Wire 16 Hull FC 12.

Balmforth is playing for the Yorkshire Academy side this weekend.

Agree on the prediction of a Warrington win.

Minus Connor I just don't think Hull have the points in them. The percentage of trys he's been directly involved in for Hull this season must be huge. Warrington have been dreadful but I fancy the break will let them reset a bit and Williams should take plenty of confidence from the game last weekend. 

Wire by 10

• Like 1

The game is a good opportunity for Wire players to prove they want to stay or showcase themselves to the rest of SL. 

This is going to be rocks or diamonds from one or both teams but I reckon the loss of Connor will help Wire edge it. 

It's now 15 weeks since Hull last won away from home.

And yet last time at home Warrington were mullered 4-40 by Leeds and only bottom placed Toulouse have less competition points.

There's little reason to favour either team but it's a great chance for one of them. I'm expecting a cracker!

10 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

I'm expecting a cracker!

I think you’ll be disappointed.

I’ve been told Wire are favourites which just shows how cr ap we’ve been recently., I’m with Dave T, about time the season ended.

As I said on the match thread, I’d have been happy if the ref had just handed Saints the SL trophy on the pitch last night.

He gave them everything else.

I actually agree with OF about the Saints game and Saints also got every 50/50 in the narrow win against Rovers which really made a difference.

But that's nothing to do with the Wire-Hull game. I think it will be good TV and I can't pick a winner.

Not far to go now.

You can always tell when you’re leaving Yorkshire heading west because all the vehicles coming the other way have their f***ing headlights on…

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Not far to go now.

You can always tell when you’re leaving Yorkshire heading west because all the vehicles coming the other way have their f***ing headlights on…

Because they’re not so tight, trying to save that little bit extra on the bulb life? 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan