Thur 23rd Jun: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/06/22 at 19:30

One thing that worries me as a Leeds fan about this game. It’s been quite apparent Smith has sacrificed line speed in defence for ‘integrity’ in the defensive shape, it worked a treat against Warrington not so much against Hudds, I fear this will mean Saints making far too many metres.

Having said that it’s the first time in a long time we’ve had pretty much our first choice squad available, could be an interesting game.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

One thing that worries me as a Leeds fan about this game. It’s been quite apparent Smith has sacrificed line speed in defence for ‘integrity’ in the defensive shape, it worked a treat against Warrington not so much against Hudds, I fear this will mean Saints making far too many metres.

Having said that it’s the first time in a long time we’ve had pretty much our first choice squad available, could be an interesting game.

If Sezer plays who drops out do you reckon? Can't fit all of Sutcliffe, Myler, Hardaker, Sezer, Austin, Newman, Leeming and Dwyer into one team.

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

If Sezer plays who drops out do you reckon? Can't fit all of Sutcliffe, Myler, Hardaker, Sezer, Austin, Newman, Leeming and Dwyer into one team.

Id put myler on the bench instead of dwyer.

Id go

Hardaker

Fusitua

Newman

Sutcliffe

Handley

Austin

Sezer

Oledski

Leeming

Tetevano

Bentley

Martin

Smith

Myler

Prior

Donaldon

O Conner/walters

Unfortunately Saints by a few, you can't doubt how good they are. Just hope Rhinos put up a fight and it's not a massacre. Saints +12

With a complete First choice available for Leeds and Saints missing 5 (possibly 8 players if Lomax, Knowles & Sironen don't pass their fitness tests this week) this is a good test of where Leeds are at this year and how much ground they have to make up, even against a potentially much weakened Saints side.

With the 5 players missing still think Saints will win by 3 scores. If all 8 are missing then think it could be a lot closer, but still going for a Saints win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I think I'd have Gannon in ahead of Bentley. He just looks a more threatening presence footballing wise. I think Gannon on the left, Martin on the right and Cameron Smith at LF could be a really impressive unit.

What do Leeds fans think? Am I being unfair on the mongrel of Bentley?

40 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I think I'd have Gannon in ahead of Bentley. He just looks a more threatening presence footballing wise. I think Gannon on the left, Martin on the right and Cameron Smith at LF could be a really impressive unit.

What do Leeds fans think? Am I being unfair on the mongrel of Bentley?

Gannon has just finished his A levels (thats how young he is) and had concussion so i think they are rightly giving  him a bit of time.

He will be a superstar though, frighteningly good for his age.

Bentley is frustrating because when hes been on the field he’s been great but seems to be a liability.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Gannon has just finished his A levels (thats how young he is) and had concussion so i think they are rightly giving  him a bit of time.

He will be a superstar though, frighteningly good for his age.

Bentley is frustrating because when hes been on the field he’s been great but seems to be a liability.

Yes, I was just reading about Gannon and his exams. The way he has been juggling things is incredible.

I wasn't so much talking about this game, as looking down the track. I think Gannon has more facets and more threat in his game, and I fancy his chances of getting a starting spot over a spolier like Bentley.

Given the head knock and his exams, it's quite right that he's given time.

The best thing for SL would be for Leeds to win this..... Would spice up the season

Leeds have plenty back and as we said at start of season they once again look great on paper.

If Bentley has a stormer in the middle again and inspires the Leeds pack to make an effort I can see them slowing Saints progress down. I know it was against Kr where he got a ban but he really pulled everyone up by tackling anything that moved.... What better way to stick one up your old club?....just dont get sent off James ! Drop Tetevano he is sh***

Newman second game back and predict he'll dominate.  Fusitua in form and Hardaker/Handley very reliable.....if Austin comes back hot then the Leeds back line can break down Saints for me 

Leeds to shock the world....or the Pennines at least 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

23 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

With a complete First choice available for Leeds and Saints missing 5 (possibly 8 players if Lomax, Knowles & Sironen don't pass their fitness tests this week) this is a good test of where Leeds are at this year and how much ground they have to make up, even against a potentially much weakened Saints side.

With the 5 players missing still think Saints will win by 3 scores. If all 8 are missing then think it could be a lot closer, but still going for a Saints win.

Update on the injuries. Lomax, Sironen & Knowles all took part in the Captains run so looks like they'll be passed fit to play, but Hopoate didn't take part so looks like missing out (again). Though TBH i'd rather give young Bennison his chance at FB anyway, he's got far more pace than Hopoate and poses a bigger attacking threat.

• Thanks 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Depends how many points Saints stack up in first half and how many chances Leeds bomb in that first half.

That is Leeds back from injury players will need to gel and hence cause some team execution failures which Saints capitalise upon. 2nd half Leeds starting gelling but probably too late as too many points to chase. which again the chasing leads to gaps for Saints to exploit.

I'm seeing Saints stack the points first half... game over by half time but 2nd half shows Leeds promise.