Polio detected in London sewage

26 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I wonder what the antivaxxers will say about this?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

2 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

On Radio 4, they said it was most likely that this has come from people who were administered the oral vaccine in their country of origin, rather than the jab we get here.

So the racists will be more happy to hear this than the phoney needlephobes. I expect there's a fair overlap between the two groups, though.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This may get the thread moved to the Politics subforum, but I'm thinking of the potential outcome of:

1. A big increase in the popularity of "wild swimming".

2. Water companies being given carte blanche to dump as much sewage as they like into our country's waters. 

3. Polio (and what else next?) being found in sewage.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

On Radio 4, they said it was most likely that this has come from people who were administered the oral vaccine in their country of origin, rather than the jab we get here.

So the racists will be more happy to hear this than the phoney needlephobes. I expect there's a fair overlap between the two groups, though.

It was apparently caused by someone given a live vaccine in another country.

It's not racist to be worried about this though. I imagine people of every ethnicity living here will be worried for their children.

I did read about an appalling violent racist attack on a Polish man in London yesterday, but that was by 2 well dressed middle aged men in smart suits. 

Edited by Niels

1 minute ago, Niels said:

It was apparently caused by someone given a live vaccine in another country.

It's not racist to be worried about this though. 

I did read about an appalling violent racist attack on a Polish man in London yesterday, but that was by 2 well dressed men in smart suits. 

It isn't racist to be worried about it. It is racist to eagerly use it as an excuse for demonising foreigners, as some certainly will. And they will be the types who respond to antivax dog-whistle conspiracies too.

Not sure what the relevance of your last sentence is. Racists dress in all forms of clothing.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The 'live' vaccine strain can spread (there is evidence of spread from the samples) and mutate to a form that even though 'weaker' than the wild type virus can still cause serious disease*, hence the call for people to check on vaccination status and get vaccinated if not already. 

*many of the cases of polio currently seen throughout the world are caused by this; one of the reasons for a move towards inactive vaccination 

9 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

That it's another scare tactic from the WHO to get the Great Reset and depopulation going quicker.  Bill Gates does polio vaccines, so what more do you need?

(I bet I'm close with that....!)

• Sad 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

That it's another scare tactic from the WHO to get the Great Reset and depopulation going quicker.  Bill Gates does polio vaccines, so what more do you need?

(I bet I'm close with that....!)

Plus Jonas Salk was a member of the Lizard Illuminati, or something...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson