Fax on Monday

HP Beans

45 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Any other game and it would have been a try, also the yellow for Miloudi is puzzling, how many high tackle penalty calls get a sin bin for first offence? Two game changing decisions at the time but to be fair Halifax we'll deserved the win. 

Crikey! Worthington nearly had his head pulled off after taking at least two shots to his head. 🙄

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Any other game and it would have been a try, also the yellow for Miloudi is puzzling, how many high tackle penalty calls get a sin bin for first offence? Two game changing decisions at the time but to be fair Halifax we'll deserved the win. 

I too am puzzled by the yellow , it should have been red , Miloudi is always fun to watch , no idea what he's going to do , the first ' high ' was tame really , just a penalty , but then an ilegal hold on the head and applying pressure on the neck isn't needed in RL , chuck in a couple of nudges with the forehead and it was a red , as it was for the Fax players as well , not what we should be showing our kids 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I too am puzzled by the yellow , it should have been red , Miloudi is always fun to watch , no idea what he's going to do , the first ' high ' was tame really , just a penalty , but then an ilegal hold on the head and applying pressure on the neck isn't needed in RL , chuck in a couple of nudges with the forehead and it was a red , as it was for the Fax players as well , not what we should be showing our kids 

It won't happen but Miloudi should be put before the disciplinary and also sanctioned by Barrow. Play acting like we saw last night is nothing more than cheating and if  we turn a blind eye to it we will be on the same slippery road as football. 

• Like 4

I can't believe how dreadful we were in the second half, particularly after Fax had the two players send off. they're down to 11 men; we start playing like we only have 9 on the pitch.

Game management went completely down the pan. No idea what they were thinking.

Full credit to Halifax but proper brain fart stuff from us.

As an aside, I don't think I've ever been at a match where two players get straight reds and another a yellow in the same incident yet the team with the two players red carded get the penalty! Never seen that before, I must say. Not saying it's wrong, just that it's a first for me.

6 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

It won't happen but Miloudi should be put before the disciplinary and also sanctioned by Barrow. Play acting like we saw last night is nothing more than cheating and if  we turn a blind eye to it we will be on the same slippery road as football. 

I was hoping after his 8 game ban that the play acting would have stopped but it obviously hasn’t. Seems to be when he realises he’s not having much impact on a game this other side of him comes out, it’s embarrassing to watch. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

I can't believe how dreadful we were in the second half, particularly after Fax had the two players send off. they're down to 11 men; we start playing like we only have 9 on the pitch.

Game management went completely down the pan. No idea what they were thinking.

Full credit to Halifax but proper brain fart stuff from us.

As an aside, I don't think I've ever been at a match where two players get straight reds and another a yellow in the same incident yet the team with the two players red carded get the penalty! Never seen that before, I must say. Not saying it's wrong, just that it's a first for me.

I've never seen that situation before and I will say it, it was wrong! 😡

well what a shambles of a display in the 2nd half !! Fax were superb for the full 80 and we played decent stuff for around 10 mins the rest of the time its was silly mistake after silly mistake. Hate to think what our completion rate was in that 2nd half?

Never mind dust ourselves off and prepare for York away 😰

• Like 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

2 hours ago, RLDB said:

I was hoping after his 8 game ban that the play acting would have stopped but it obviously hasn’t. Seems to be when he realises he’s not having much impact on a game this other side of him comes out, it’s embarrassing to watch. 

Shame isn't it , seems to be a recurring theme at times with French players 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

• Like 1

I’m a little unsure how you get to the fact that he was play acting,it was quite clear he took at least a couple blows to the head from what I saw on the replay if not more.

When it calmed down he took himself away from the situation and had a sit down to get some treatment.

I’m more concerned about his poor tackling technique,he looks a bit of a “grabber” to me and easily fended off.

It was a Fax penalty because it was quite clearly a high tackle,why the referee never blew the whistle sooner and gave that decision is unknown to me.If he did it may have stopped two reds and a yellow card being shown.

Easy to say in hindsight though and we all make mistakes.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

I’m a little unsure how you get to the fact that he was play acting,it was quite clear he took at least a couple blows to the head from what I saw on the replay if not more.

When it calmed down he took himself away from the situation and had a sit down to get some treatment.

I’m more concerned about his poor tackling technique,he looks a bit of a “grabber” to me and easily fended off.

It was a Fax penalty because it was quite clearly a high tackle,why the referee never blew the whistle sooner and gave that decision is unknown to me.If he did it may have stopped two reds and a yellow card being shown.

Easy to say in hindsight though and we all make mistakes.

I know he was sin binned for shall we say his involvement in the incident, but is an H I A assessment not required after taking repeated Blow's to the head 

• Like 3

On 28/06/2022 at 17:52, georgeb1 said:

I know he was sin binned for shall we say his involvement in the incident, but is an H I A assessment not required after taking repeated Blow's to the head 

Could they possibly have done it in the time he was binned - just a thought?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1