Bluey has a state of origin episode

I’m assuming you get this hugely popular children’s show in the UK..

Ray Warren even does the match commentary.

Bluey Season 3 Episode 37 - The Decider.

0D88A75E-540D-4CD9-811A-819336053B36.jpeg

Edited by Copa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Copa said:

Never seen it over here.

10 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Never seen it over here.

The BBC together with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation commissioned it. So you definitely have it.

Edited by Copa

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

We also have hats with corks hanging off them but no one wears them.

I have no idea why some English people think Australians wear hats with corks hanging off them. The only people I’ve ever seen wear them in Australia in my half century alive are drunk English tourists. I think they’re also sold to tourists who arrive thinking it’s an Australian thing.

• Haha 2

Bluey is all over CBeebies here and pre-school kids (including my own) are obsessed with it. It's a very good kids programme and hope I catch the episode.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 minutes ago, Copa said:

I have no idea why some English people think Australians wear hats with corks hanging off them. The only people I’ve ever seen wear them in Australia in my half century alive are drunk English tourists. I think they’re also sold to tourists who arrive thinking it’s an Australian thing.

Who said I was English? - is it just the English who get drunk in Oz? - I've seen loads of Brits doing the same.

Chill mate, have a Fosters and throw a Shrimp on the Barbie.

Your favourite show isn't on in the UK for people over 5 - suggest for some real RL content you watch This Sporting Life......or if that's too much for you try Up & Under 😉

Edited by Mr Frisky

I actually like Bluey. At first I thought it was one of those annoying narrow-band pompous children’s TV shows produced by people who have no idea of the real world, but it’s actually a bit of fun with some adult humour thrown in now and again. I’ve seen RL represented on there before with the dad playing a game of ‘footy’, but I’ll have to catch the origin episode. My four year old even recognised the ‘footy’ as RL, although he’s struggling to recognise Warrington’s current footy as RL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Who said I was English? - is it just the English who get drunk in Oz? - I've seen loads of Brits doing the same.

Chill mate, have a Fosters and throw a Shrimp on the Barbie.

Your favourite show isn't on in the UK for people over 5 - suggest for some real RL content you watch This Sporting Life......or if that's too much for you try Up & Under 😉

Isn't that the point of kids TV?

I have no idea how old you are but I imagine you aren't the target audience. It seems plenty of others have seen it. Maybe just pass by this thread if it isn't relevant to you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Copa said:

my kids LOVE that programme, to be fair its one of the better ones for us parents too. 

5 hours ago, Copa said:

Is it the episode where one of the players gets his head stapled on the pitch live on tv?

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Bluey is brilliant, watch it every week with the grand kids. Some very 'tongue in cheek' humour that's definately aimed at the adults in there.

We can't get season 3 yet though in the UK. CBeebees are still showing season 1 but Disney is showing season 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Bluey is great, the Dad (Bandit) is very funny at times. I watch it with my kids on CBeebies every morning. It just seems to be one series shown over and over again. The fruitbat episode has Bandit playing RL and there is lots of watching and playing cricket.

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Is it the episode where one of the players gets his head stapled on the pitch live on tv?

No that’s in the follow up ‘ Bluey goes mental after drink and drugs session ‘

• Haha 3