Harry Gration

• JohnM changed the title to Harry Gration

Oh, bloody hell! That's awful.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very sad news, RIP. Always came across as a warm bloke and passionate about RL.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

So sad to hear this news

Harry Gration has been a mainstay on local TV throughout most of my life. I met him once in 1990 when he was covering the Wakefield v Australia match at Belle Vue, he was an approachable, likeable bloke< the only person I ever knew to fall out with him was Bobby Fulton, ironically on the same night

RIP Harry and sincere condolences to his family and friends

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Met him at a business awards ceremony in Sheffield a couple of years ago and had a bit of a chat about RL. You could tell he was a proper fan and had a couple of great stories. 

RIP Harry.. condolences to his friends and family 

How much was he loved by his colleagues? This much.

• Sad 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not gonna lie, welled up a bit at the end of the Sky coverage then. Very nice little tribute.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, OMEGA said:

So sad to hear this news

Harry Gration has been a mainstay on local TV throughout most of my life. I met him once in 1990 when he was covering the Wakefield v Australia match at Belle Vue, he was an approachable, likeable bloke< the only person I ever knew to fall out with him was Bobby Fulton, ironically on the same night

RIP Harry and sincere condolences to his family and friends

That interview with Fulton was legendary.

Sad loss.

RIP Harry.