First new signing for 2023.

RLDB

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Gaz Martin said:

It would be great to retain the services of Sammut. He's been a stand out player so far this season.

Couldn't agree more. He's been absolutely outstanding and an out and out match winner for us when games have been in the balance. I know historically hes been a bit of a rugby nomad ibut I sincerely hope we can entice him to stay at least another season. In all honesty I hope we can keep pretty much the whole of this team together for next year because what they have achieved so far has  been fantastic  and  with the  possible addition of 3 or 4  quality players I believe we can firmly cement a place in the top 5 or 6 of this league.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Agree Sam Brookes has improved massively last few weeks and has cut out the penalties he frequently gave away. I was a critic but has won me over.

Squad shaping nicely for next season. Langtree re signing would be massive also if we can. Improved the team since he came back in 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ulverstonian said:

Agree Sam Brookes has improved massively last few weeks and has cut out the penalties he frequently gave away. I was a critic but has won me over.

Squad shaping nicely for next season. Langtree re signing would be massive also if we can. Improved the team since he came back in 

I think he tried to be an aggressive enforcer when he first came in hence the constant penalties. 

Last few weeks he seems to have focused on his ball playing skills (which are very good) and fitting into our shape rather than trying to run over the top of opposition. I think Brooks, Gillam, Foz and Antons ball playing skills have played a huge part in our attack this year and probably haven't got enough credit. 

• Like 5

Would love to see Anton back next year and bring Alec Susino back as well 🙂

• Like 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

38 minutes ago, RLDB said:

Heard a rumour he’s Bradford bound. Hope he stays mind. 

Definitely hope he stays. I know we played well at Batley without him but I do think he's brought our half backs on to a much better level with his presence this season.  

• Like 1
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png