First new signing for 2023.

RLDB

Well hats off to the club and Steve Neale for this one. Jack wells joins on a 1 year deal, Greg Burke signs on a 2 year deal. Forward pack really starting to take place for next season !
Just shows how far along we are coming as a club to attract super league forwards to the club. 

• Like 2

It became pretty obvious some time ago we were just a bit light in the pack and although the young lads stepped up they look more 2nd row and not prop, this is an exciting piece of news.

Well done to the Board (yet again). 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/barrow-raiders-sign-salford-red-devils-duo/

I agree with everyone else's comments. Watched these two briefly last season and looked good for Barrow. 

Well done to the BOD and Co and welcome to the team lads. 

On the subject of new signings, any updates on a particular centre who played for Fax last season who is rumoured to be signing for us? 

BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

2 hours ago, RugbyBaller said:

They all said that about his brother................ 

I often wonder what he's up to now🤔

Just because one brother is a good player does not mean the other is as good or even close, L1 seems to have been his niche as he has not been as good as he was last season this season. I'd be a bit surprised if Barrow are keen to sign the lad given their recent additions and their aspirations to continue their progress next year. 

I think we'll get all manner of unlikely players touted to us over the coming weeks. You can't help but wonder whether some are using a supposed interest by one club as leverage to get a better deal somewhere else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raider91 said:

He is horrendous that young. Watched him numerous times last year. Can't catch, tackle and makes zero yards. I don't believe we are in for him, absolutely bobbins. 

He was only at Town because he was mates with Thorman, and that's the only reason he kept his spot. 

• Like 1

2 centres incoming, a job may have to be found for Mr C with the wages he's been on 

Big Tony & wouldn't Susino look good with him?

Barrow are up there now but staying there is going to be tough, the teams now know what Barrow are about so we have to step up 1 more level imo

Would love another 6 to play with Sammutt 

Edited by Pablo Escobar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

2 centres incoming, a job may have to be found for Mr C with the wages he's been on 

Barrow are up there now but staying there is going to be tough, the teams now know what Barrow are about so we have to step up 1 more level imo

I hope you're right Pablo... what an unbeleivable team we are assembling for next season, you have got to admire the way this board operates. I know where there's a certain French half back who cant get a game at his own club but who made a massive impression in his one game for us 😉😉  Or is that just too much to wish for ???😁😁

12 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Might take Ritsons place on the  Advantage team?

On 17/08/2022 at 08:45, morty said:

Would love to see Anton back next year and bring Alec Susino back as well 🙂

Alec playing for Penrith in NSW Cup and has been selected for Italy in world cup

Doesn't this just prove to young players the real benefit of coming to Barrow for a couple of years, great coaching and great fans, not to mention a beautiful little town on the edge of the Lakes.

All in all, it's a win-win

On 24/09/2022 at 23:46, Pablo Escobar said:

Was Mr C possibly Ben crooks who has signed for Keighley?