First new signing for 2023.

RLDB

2 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Never been good enough, we must be getting desperate now! 👎🏻

Won’t be a first choice in any position however a solid back up for multiple positions, players like this are needed in the squad and will be cheap too. 

16 hours ago, Raider91 said:

Rio Corkhill training with Barrow. Walney lad released by saints, could well be signing?

I hope so. Squad still 2-3 short, imo. Was hoping to hear more news after the end of the WC but it seems to have gone a bit quiet. 

brilliant news about Anton right up there for player of the season for me last year ... 

• Like 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

14 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

And a winger

we do need a winger but we have young Luke Broadbent who could play there ... I know his position is really Full Back but Cressy was used on the wing when he 1st signed and we had Ryan Fieldhouse as the 1st choice FB.

Lee Morton

Ryan Shaw played on the wing for Hull KR and scored some pretty good tries, he's a better winger than a centre.  I think we need him for his goal kicking, he did top the goal kickers in SL and is certainly our best and most consistent kicker ensuring we won a number of games, had he not been absent when we played Leigh we would have certainly drawn that game at least, a game we should have won but let's not go back there.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SJD said:

Ryan Shaw played on the wing for Hull KR and scored some pretty good tries, he's a better winger than a centre.  I think we need him for his goal kicking, he did top the goal kickers in SL and is certainly our best and most consistent kicker ensuring we won a number of games, had he not been absent when we played Leigh we would have certainly drawn that game at least, a game we should have won but let's not go back there.  

I didn't mention Ryan in my post above, because I'm assuming he may be required to play centre?

Lee Morton

On 30/11/2022 at 09:10, Ulverstonian said:

Anton re signed. Fabulous news as one of our (many) stand out performers last season.

Just need a quality centre now and I will be very happy with the squad.

I agree that we need another centre. Ryan is better on the wing. The squad is looking strong though now. Delighted to see Anton has signed, had a fantastic season last time around 😀 

See Dec Hulme has gone with Foz to Crusaders. I know he didn’t play last season but that’s now 3 centres gone but only 1 signed…. I thought after the team we were having to put out towards the end of last season we would have a bit more depth this season coming, not less. 

Still think we need some forwards and other signings to make, looking at the rest of the championship of what signings they have made we are going to struggle this year, yet the bars and marquee etc must be taking some money, bout time they spent it on some players instead of getting amateurs training with the squad then signing them on! This rate relegation will be pending 😤😤

5 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Still think we need some forwards and other signings to make, looking at the rest of the championship of what signings they have made we are going to struggle this year, yet the bars and marquee etc must be taking some money, bout time they spent it on some players instead of getting amateurs training with the squad then signing them on! This rate relegation will be pending 😤😤

Yes. We're pretty light on forwards

We've only got Burke, Brooks, Evans, Wells, Gillam, Dan Toal, Langtree, Stack, Duerden, Hopkins, Emslie, Iaria and Corkill.