First new signing for 2023.

RLDB

18 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Coz the can’t make super league they are let go by their club! Barrow snapping up on that occasion, instead of getting experienced players!!

I wouldn't exactly call Ben Evans, Greg Worthington, Jack Wells, Greg Burke and now Andrew Bulman as inexperienced. Plus we resigned the majority of the squad who played last year excluding Ritson, Miloudi and Forster.

We would be absolutely crazy to not pick up the best local talent to compliment the out of town players. Just because someone gets dropped from an SL club when they are young doesn't mean they can't do a job for us in the future, Ellis Gillam is the perfect example of that.

1 hour ago, RSN said:

I wouldn't exactly call Ben Evans, Greg Worthington, Jack Wells, Greg Burke and now Andrew Bulman as inexperienced. Plus we resigned the majority of the squad who played last year excluding Ritson, Miloudi and Forster.

We would be absolutely crazy to not pick up the best local talent to compliment the out of town players. Just because someone gets dropped from an SL club when they are young doesn't mean they can't do a job for us in the future, Ellis Gillam is the perfect example of that.

Correct, reason No 6 on way 

Welcome Andy Bullman the fans will love you scoring for fun..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tec said:

Might be plenty of brown undies at Haven by the end of the season though.

Nah the pitch usually dries up by June,good signing for Barrow,fast,strong & gets the set off to a good start with his strong running.

• Like 1

Bullman is a good signing for the Raiders, as for Archer, if true then its a no brainer too. Just because Saints have let him go does not mean he can't be a future star of the game. Saints are currently the best side on this side of the planet, that's the bar these young lads have to face and most at any SL club will not  make first team regulars, but having been in that environment will have instilled a work ethic and professionalism. 

Edited by Johnny Ringo
  • Like 2

With the squad seemingly complete and lots of options, what would be your starting line-up of 13, plus 4? Jared Stack? Wingers? Where do the new youngsters fit in? They might not get much game-time. 

With all the rain and more to come, isn't Craven park waterlogged and won't a friendly on Sunday turn the pitch into a mud-bath for weeks. Is it not better to cancel?

44 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

With the squad seemingly complete and lots of options, what would be your starting line-up of 13, plus 4? Jared Stack? Wingers? Where do the new youngsters fit in? They might not get much game-time. 

With all the rain and more to come, isn't Craven park waterlogged and won't a friendly on Sunday turn the pitch into a mud-bath for weeks. Is it not better to cancel?

1. Cresswell

2. Toal

3. Shaw

4. Worthington

5. Bulman

6. Sammut

7. Carter

8. Gillam

9. Wood

10. Wells

11. Stack

12. Langtree

13. Iara 

14. Mossop

15. Burke

16. Brooks

17. Evans

Forwards cover: Emslie, Hopkins, Duerden, Dawson, Toal (when back) and Saunders hooker.

Backs cover: Johnston, Broadbent, Carter, Corkill, Archer, 

Realistically you never get a full strength 17 all season so I suspect the cover options will get plenty of game time.

• Like 1

Not a bad looking team at all, but I'd prefer at least one of the three big props (Brooks, Burke, Evans) to start the game rather than have all of them sat on the bench. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 2

Yeah that’s a solid looking team that you have put together there. I am just a bit unsure on Gillam, tbh he was one of our best players last year.
That being said his position is usually second row, so I’m unsure of how the club plan to use him this year. Anyways bring on the first game of the year on Sunday !  

3 hours ago, pennington said:

Yeah that’s a solid looking team that you have put together there. I am just a bit unsure on Gillam, tbh he was one of our best players last year.
That being said his position is usually second row, so I’m unsure of how the club plan to use him this year. Anyways bring on the first game of the year on Sunday !  

Ellis was outstanding last year & deserved more time on the pitch imo, seemed to be the fall guy going off to many times when he was getting right into the opposition 

Would be on the starting sheet every week for me 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Ellis was outstanding last year & deserved more time on the pitch imo, seemed to be the fall guy going off to many times when he was getting right into the opposition 

Would be on the starting sheet every week for me 

Yeah I totally agree an absolute brilliant player that very rarely made any mistakes. Just wondering what his best position is 🤔

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 2Cents said:

They trained on it last night and it wasn't too bad. 😁

On 10/01/2023 at 12:41, Churchill Drivers said:

Dont think Haven have the same supplier of brown envelopes as Barrow.

Not Barrows fault if Haven can't balance the books...all the money Sellafield have pumped in as well...never mind ....hope you manage to stay up tho

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

On 11/01/2023 at 20:10, pennington said:

Yeah I totally agree an absolute brilliant player that very rarely made any mistakes. Just wondering what his best position is 🤔

Prop.

His first year at prop and he got better over the season, another season like last year and he will be in SL.

Lots of good new signings, but the Book-Makers aren't impressed, as other Clubs have strengthend their squads too.

After finishing a strong 4th in 2022, to drop to 9th favourites for 2023 is a shock.

I'll grant you Featherstone and Toulouse will lead the way, so our 1st league game will say a lot.

Without knowing the quality of other teams, I'll stick my neck out for top 6 spot at least, top 4 spot again with some luck and prove the pundits wrong once more.

Odds for promotion:

Featherstone Rovers: 6/4 after being 13/8
Toulouse Olympique: 2/1 after being 15/8
Bradford Bulls: 12/1 after being 11/1
Halifax Panthers: 12/1 after being 11/1
Keighley Cougars: 12/1 – no change
Widnes Vikings: 16/1 – no change
York Knights: 16/1 from 20/1
Batley Bulldogs: 20/1 from 25/1
Barrow Raiders: 25/1 – no change
Sheffield Eagles: 40/1 – no change
London Broncos: 50/1 from 40/1
Newcastle Thunder: 66/1 – no change
Swinton Lions: 100/1 – no change
Whitehaven RLFC: 125/1 – no change

Edited by 2Cents

10 hours ago, 2Cents said:

Lots of good new signings, but the Book-Makers aren't impressed, as other Clubs have strengthend their squads too.

After finishing a strong 4th in 2022, to drop to 9th favourites for 2023 is a shock.

I'll grant you Featherstone and Toulouse will lead the way, so our 1st league game will say a lot.

Without knowing the quality of other teams, I'll stick my neck out for top 6 spot at least, top 4 spot again with some luck and prove the pundits wrong once more.

Odds for promotion:

Featherstone Rovers: 6/4 after being 13/8
Toulouse Olympique: 2/1 after being 15/8
Bradford Bulls: 12/1 after being 11/1
Halifax Panthers: 12/1 after being 11/1
Keighley Cougars: 12/1 – no change
Widnes Vikings: 16/1 – no change
York Knights: 16/1 from 20/1
Batley Bulldogs: 20/1 from 25/1
Barrow Raiders: 25/1 – no change
Sheffield Eagles: 40/1 – no change
London Broncos: 50/1 from 40/1
Newcastle Thunder: 66/1 – no change
Swinton Lions: 100/1 – no change
Whitehaven RLFC: 125/1 – no change

It’ll be very competitive this year. Bradford and Widnes should be better than last season, Sheffield have made some impressive signings as well. We have lost some really good players as have Batley and will have to prove ourselves again. Keighley will be right in the mix and have spent a lot of money on some big names. No Leigh to trounce teams every week and I can’t see anyone being as bad as Worky. 

It's great if people are going to take us lightly again next season, just because Miloudi and Ritson aren't going to be here.

I think we look more solid this year. Too much reliance on loanees last season, particularly props and centres. 

The pack has been strengthened, the spine of the team- fullback/halfbacks/hooker/loose forward - are all still in place and the squad's been refreshed with some young, versatile local talent. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how Worthington and Bulman click, personally. 

• Like 2