First new signing for 2023.

RLDB

29 minutes ago, phildog said:

So what's the Ritson to Saints about, or have you signed him in order to get a fee? If so; good thinking!

Ritson already on a long term deal so will be a fee. But hopefully he stays you never know he maybe happy we’re he is. 

41 minutes ago, phildog said:

So what's the Ritson to Saints about, or have you signed him in order to get a fee? If so; good thinking!

As I remember prior to the season started he signed a 3 year deal. All being well if he does sign for Saints, Barrow would benefit substantially. 

BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

We need the strongest possible squad for 2023 because it looks like there will be major restructuring of the leagues which may have a detrimental effect on many non SL clubs from 2024 onwards.

Re-signing Sammut must surely be a priority and I hope the club will do all they can to make this happen !

3 hours ago, Ulverstonian said:

Why would Sammut sign for Bradford? They gave ground and money issues.  He is here with a club moving forward who let him play to his abilities with no restrictions resulting in him having a fabulous season for himself and scoring at will. 

Believe he still lives in Cleckheaton. Maybe the travelling has taken its toll?

8 hours ago, Jarc said:

Believe he still lives in Cleckheaton. Maybe the travelling has taken its toll?

Keighley are one of the club's interested in Sammut I believe. I hope we can keep him however money talks and teams like Keighley, Widnes, etc may have more resources and are closer to home which will be a factor.

Edited by Raider91
  • Like 1

I'm liking the way the pack is being assembled for next season but very much hoping we can keep hold of our X factor players (or at least acquire suitable replacements!). 

Having said that, the board has a history of drip-feeding info on who's signing on for the following season. It all adds to the drama. 

• Like 3

Strong rumour that we have signed prop Jack Wells from Salford, after he made a few loan appearances for us this year.

Great if true.

Signed up for 2023 so far :-

Brooks, Jake Carter, Creswell, Evans, Forster, Langtree, Ritson (barring any SL transfer), Shaw, Stack, Toal brothers, Wood.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RLDB said:

Miloudi leaving at the end of the season to pursue opportunities nearer home, maybe end up at Toulouse. Would have liked him to stay but has also missed a few games this season and we’ve done alright without him. 

It's definitely a shame because in attack I think him and Ritson were the best centre and wing partnership outside super league apart from Leigh. 

He wasn't great in defence and was very hot and cold at times. If Worthington signs he's more than an adequate replacement. Probably won't create as many highlights as Hakim but definitely will be more consistent. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gaz Martin said:

Possibly more bad news for the club. 

If true I can't understand why players who have had an outstanding season, playing for a club on the up decide to leave? 

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/exclusive-ex-bradford-bulls-wakefield-trinity-and-wigan-warriors-star-jarrod-sammut-reveals-super-league-offer-58423/

💰 💰 💰

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

59 minutes ago, Gaz Martin said:

Possibly more bad news for the club. 

If true I can't understand why players who have had an outstanding season, playing for a club on the up decide to leave? 

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/exclusive-ex-bradford-bulls-wakefield-trinity-and-wigan-warriors-star-jarrod-sammut-reveals-super-league-offer-58423/

Having read the actual article, this SL offer was for 2022 and it never actually materialised in the end 

Sammut may very well be touting himself around for as good a deal as he can for next season (nothing new there, that's how he came to be with us this season) but this particular "exclusive" is misleading. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave W said:

Having read the actual article, this SL offer was for 2022 and it never actually materialised in the end 

Sammut may very well be touting himself around for as good a deal as he can for next season (nothing new there, that's how he came to be with us this season) but this particular "exclusive" is misleading. 

They've released an article out of nothing. Mentioned he had an SL offer for 2022 and said he's looking for a club in 2023, this could have been reported in February as he signed a one year deal. 

I hope he re signs as he's pulled a lot of rabbits out of the hat, but we must not forget we haven't lost a game when Carter and Johnson have played which I think is 5/6 games including Batley away.

If people think Sammut has carried us to the play offs they haven't been watching, been a team effort.

Edited by RSN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RSN said:

lf people think Sammut has carried us to the play offs they haven't been watching, been a team effort.

He's been brilliant as far as I'm concerned but in reality, probably only has another couple of seasons left in him. 

Can't blame him for wanting the best deal for himself but I can't really think of a SL team who'd need his services. 

20 hours ago, Dave W said:

It's just lazy jouralism  D  it says  you will have a chance of meeting Featherstone Rovers in the semi-finals if they can dispatch the Batley Bulldogs in the first round. without realising  final placings not sorted yet and teams  4 and 5 need FAX to lose to play FEV they also says a Loan move to Featherstone Rovers well YES when at wakey in 14 he did play for FEV but he only played one game so harldy a loan🤣

Edited by POR
  • Like 2