Keighley?

Squire

A big test of how far we’ve come after the wake up call of the hammering we suffered in the first game of the season. You’d hope that our tackling, decisions in attack, avoidance of giving penalties away and overall game plan would be better than then. It’s been a tough season given that we effectively started with a scratch team and games have been irregular. Also the vastly different levels of games, from a cake walk one week to a match against seasoned pros is hard to manage- though the same for everyone. I hope we can push them close for the full 80, but a win is hard to envisage.

On 25/06/2022 at 11:04, shrewsbury roughyed said:

A big test of how far we’ve come after the wake up call of the hammering we suffered in the first game of the season. You’d hope that our tackling, decisions in attack, avoidance of giving penalties away and overall game plan would be better than then. It’s been a tough season given that we effectively started with a scratch team and games have been irregular. Also the vastly different levels of games, from a cake walk one week to a match against seasoned pros is hard to manage- though the same for everyone. I hope we can push them close for the full 80, but a win is hard to envisage.

yep we certainly pushed them close.

22 minutes ago, tandle said:

yep we certainly pushed them close.

Wow, you were quick off the mark to comment on today's result 😯. But I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find your post giving credit for the excellent result against Midland Hurricanes a couple of weeks ago. Just saying 😏.

Edited by WellWisher
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Poorest I've seen yeds play for quite some time. We didn't compete in any part of the game. Forwards lackluster, halves nowhere, not working together in the tackle, not clamping the ball. I think the ref was out of his depth but he was nowhere near as uot of his depth as we were. I really wish I had something positive to say. 

• Sad 1

I can’t begrudge Keighley ‘living the dream’ with a local millionaire daft enough to bankroll their push up the leagues. What I’d give to see Oldham in that position.

good luck cougars, I’d love to see you upset the establishment! 

oldham were poor.

It is of no consolation to say but, as little as two weeks ago even Cornwall, who hadn't won a game all season, managed to score 12 points against Keighley and at the same time restrict them to a score of 56 points.

That's six points LESS than what Keighley have just scored against us ! 😪

7 hours ago, ArthurO said:

It is of no consolation to say but, as little as two weeks ago even Cornwall, who hadn't won a game all season, managed to score 12 points against Keighley and at the same time restrict them to a score of 56 points.

That's six points LESS than what Keighley have just scored against us ! 😪

Pretty grim isn't it? I have to say I'm getting a little fed up and bored with it all. The standard is nowhere near where it needs to be.

• Like 1

I think we all thought this year would be a struggle but I can't believe how bad we look in nearly every component of the game. Aside from Restall, Ridyard and Whittel the majority of the players don't look up to this standard.

I thought we'd start slow because we had so many new or young players but over the course of the season we would slowly improve and then be ready by the end of the year to kick on next season for a promotion push.  Aside from the last Midlands game we look possibly worse than then.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a first for me. I never once checked to see how we were doing against Keighley.

I thought we'd struggle especially going up the hill I never once thought we'd get 0 and lucky to get that.

In my opinion we have 3 players to build on Restall, Ridyard and Whittel but after this year I doubt if we will have them in 2023.

Can we switch the light off yet on season 2022.

• Like 1