Chairman joins us this evening

On 27/06/2022 at 13:57, Wolford6 said:

What's a typical post-match meal?

Five years ago, I'd've said pizza.

You still get a fair amount of pizza but there are some very good post match meals about.  Batley, Workington, Sheffield, Dewsbury and Workington are all very good but Halifax are out on their own at the moment.  Proper sit down meal, served by friendly staff, usually chicken (though I remember an excellent lasagne last year), salad and fresh fruit.  Well done, Halifax.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Episode one here -

Please look out for episode two, Due to land in YouTube 📺🎞️📽️ at 7am Saturday morning, set your clocks 😁⏰

Or subscribe so it's in your feed, it's free 😁 https://youtube.com/channel/UCkfchHdQicJNe5KtThfWZlw

Trying something new, set up an 'event' in Facebook group, not sure if this works but had half a dozen or so messages from Leigh fans asking when it's due so though it may answer the question for everyone - 

https://fb.me/e/1UDqPiVGY

⬆️ Freshly edited Derby special with Joe Batch  and 'LMS' 

PS.  Using a current post as conscious to reduce the amount of new threads so fewer show in the feed and clog the list of posts 👍

Derek raised an interesting point about the 12 teams, so I've created a poll for those who use Facebook, post copied below https://m.facebook.com/questions.php?question_id=1527499644334872

Remember the bidding process required when Leigh last came into #SuperLeague? If we did that now would the same 12 Super League teams make the cut? It's a great question - Pick your 12 below and please give this episode a 'like'👍 on YouTube it really helps, ideally leave a comment on the YouTube feed🙏 

https://youtu.be/TdwPmOfecRI

19 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Got through the meat of the comments. Firstly, fair play for holding his hand up to do this and he is far from how he is depicted on here sometimes. That said, I massively disagree with the French attitude but he has his reasons and he thinks it´s about a rational commercial decision with decent points around Sky deal, betfred etc.

But if you believe that real commercial growth is in the internationals with a entertaining SL, as many of us do, then two French teams are a must. To force catalan and Toulouse back to France is to kill any growth in those areas and any chance of serious internationals (which sky would probably be keen on). He also contradicts himself by saying that it can´t always be a commercial decision, perhaps because Derek is aware Leigh wouldn´t be on many lists for a lock in with a franchise system. 

In many ways he made an argument for his own exlusion. He made a good point about people´s investment being protected and a long term approach that comes with closing the door. But if we were to do that, then you choose the biggest potential markets possible to grow over four years. That´s Newcastle, London , York with more commercial prospects than Leigh and Fev. Are people putting as much into London and Newcastle as Leigh? No but if we had his system of locking in, these potentially bigger markets would see the investment. 

If he doesn´t mind it being a northern sport fine but you wouldn´t be locking out the biggest cities in the north of England for Leigh. I think in Derek´s vision we have a higher floor than currently but a much, much lower ceiling and in the long run I don´t think it is going to keep a serious TV deal on the table. 

But fair play to Derek, very enjoyable and if they do go up, I wish them the best against everyone but the French teams. 🙂

Yes it's left me with much to think about, I agree with you but he made some sound arguments for his approach.

Appreciate if you could copy and paste into YouTube if you have an account, oddly it helps massively with the algorithm and much more than views, one comment jumps the video up the feeds 👍

20 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Got through the meat of the comments. Firstly, fair play for holding his hand up to do this and he is far from how he is depicted on here sometimes. That said, I massively disagree with the French attitude but he has his reasons and he thinks it´s about a rational commercial decision with decent points around Sky deal, betfred etc.

But if you believe that real commercial growth is in the internationals with a entertaining SL, as many of us do, then two French teams are a must. To force catalan and Toulouse back to France is to kill any growth in those areas and any chance of serious internationals (which sky would probably be keen on). He also contradicts himself by saying that it can´t always be a commercial decision, perhaps because Derek is aware Leigh wouldn´t be on many lists for a lock in with a franchise system. 

In many ways he made an argument for his own exlusion. He made a good point about people´s investment being protected and a long term approach that comes with closing the door. But if we were to do that, then you choose the biggest potential markets possible to grow over four years. That´s Newcastle, London , York with more commercial prospects than Leigh and Fev. Are people putting as much into London and Newcastle as Leigh? No but if we had his system of locking in, these potentially bigger markets would see the investment. 

If he doesn´t mind it being a northern sport fine but you wouldn´t be locking out the biggest cities in the north of England for Leigh. I think in Derek´s vision we have a higher floor than currently but a much, much lower ceiling and in the long run I don´t think it is going to keep a serious TV deal on the table. 

But fair play to Derek, very enjoyable and if they do go up, I wish them the best against everyone but the French teams. 🙂

Tis always the way with these arguments. Fair enough if Hetherington, Pearson, McManus or Lenegan start questioning commercial appeal or viability of clubs based on business KPIs etc, bit of a daft argument to make when you're supposed to be pro-Leigh Centurions...

24 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Tis always the way with these arguments. Fair enough if Hetherington, Pearson, McManus or Lenegan start questioning commercial appeal or viability of clubs based on business KPIs etc, bit of a daft argument to make when you're supposed to be pro-Leigh Centurions...

Just because somebody is a Leigh fan , doesn't mean they can't see the ' bigger picture ' , I'm pretty much of the same opinion , in a perfect world a French/UK league of big city clubs would probably be great for the sport , in a ' perfecter ' world a UK SL and a French SL each having their own comp and then meeting Champions League style would be even better , neither are going to happen any time soon 

Argue all you want but his business profile of the real contribution the 2 French clubs make financially is correct , let's face it , this weekend the Magic broadcast started with referencing ' net zero ' carbon usage , and yet we're flying 2 teams across the channel every weekend , how environmentally friendly is that ? 

Yes there were contradictions , that's what happens when someone gives an honest opinion 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just because somebody is a Leigh fan , doesn't mean they can't see the ' bigger picture ' , I'm pretty much of the same opinion , in a perfect world a French/UK league of big city clubs would probably be great for the sport , in a ' perfecter ' world a UK SL and a French SL each having their own comp and then meeting Champions League style would be even better , neither are going to happen any time soon 

Argue all you want but his business profile of the real contribution the 2 French clubs make financially is correct , let's face it , this weekend the Magic broadcast started with referencing ' net zero ' carbon usage , and yet we're flying 2 teams across the channel every weekend , how environmentally friendly is that ? 

Yes there were contradictions , that's what happens when someone gives an honest opinion 

Yes there were contradictions. Them being pointed out and devaluing the overall argument is what happens when opinions are critically evaluated. 

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yes there were contradictions. Them being pointed out and devaluing the overall argument is what happens when opinions are critically evaluated. 

You are confusing opinions with facts 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2022 at 22:00, ShropshireBull said:

Yes it's left me with much to think about, I agree with you but he made some sound arguments for his approach.

Appreciate if you could copy and paste into YouTube if you have an account, oddly it helps massively with the algorithm and much more than views, one comment jumps the video up the feeds 👍

Dockhouse Rugby Show 🏉📺🎙️ 

Classic biff, just for a bit if fun

In other news show 3 of Derek's Beaumonts  trilogy due soon

New YouTube channel means we have to start again ☹️ 

Many new shows and some re edited uploads📽️📺🎤 please help us back to our 1.8k subscribers by clicking the link🙏 #startingagain 😕 

https://youtube.com/channel/UCkfchHdQicJNe5KtThfWZlw

Here is our 1st episode in a series of Rugby League bygone biff 

https://youtu.be/8gWIrkugyfQ

We go back to 2006 at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Fielden pushes Big Willie Mason which is the spark that led to this classic exchange.

Please enjoy the good the bad and the biff 👊

Dockhouse Rugby Show 🏉📺🎙️ 

Please follow/subscribe to our new YouTube channel - It's free 🆓🆓🆓 to subscribe and really helps the show https://youtube.com/channel/UCkfchHdQicJNe5KtThfWZlw

Current shows available:

👊Battle of the Biff 💥

🎤Legendary commentator Rod Studd

🧑‍💼 Owning a RL club, Derek Beaumont 

👮 Referees perspective, Mental Health Ian Smith 

🏃‍♀️Womens RL Pip Birchall  

🤪 Joe Batchelor and LMS show

📚 Chris Berry leading author if Rugby crime thrillers

👴 Masters with Nicholas Mew 

Coming soon:

🏉 James Bell St Helens, Toulouse, Leigh star

🎬Keith Mason, CC winner with Saints, actor and more

💪World Club Challenge winner Paul Atcheson 

📚Author and former Hull KR player Keith Pollard  

Plus more , please subscribe here 

"All these hard macho Alpha males" Ian Smith.

Paddy the Baddy talking about the stigma with mens mental health below.

We did a show on the subject here to try and do out little bit for breaking the stigma.

Please follow/subscribe to our new YouTube channel - It's free 🆓🆓🆓 to subscribe and really helps the show https://youtube.com/channel/UCkfchHdQicJNe5KtThfWZlw

Current shows available:

👊Battle of the Biff 💥

🎤Legendary commentator Rod Studd

🧑‍💼 Owning a RL club, Derek Beaumont 

👮 Referees perspective, Mental Health Ian Smith 

🏃‍♀️Womens RL Pip Birchall  

🤪 Joe Batchelor and LMS show

📚 Chris Berry leading author if Rugby crime thrillers

👴 Masters with Nicholas Mew 

Coming soon:

🏉 James Bell St Helens, Toulouse, Leigh star

🎬Keith Mason, CC winner with Saints, actor and more

💪World Club Challenge winner Paul Atcheson 

📚Author and former Hull KR player Keith Pollard  

Plus more , please subscribe here 

"All these hard macho Alpha males" Ian Smith.

Paddy the Baddy talking about the stigma with mens mental health below.

We did a show on the subject here to try and do out little bit for breaking the stigma.

If you follow twitter you may have seen an article promoted by Serious about RL which took comments from our show with Derek. This has led to some unsavoury exchanges. 

This is the show Derek made the comments, he was fair, balanced and gave genuine arguments to support his thoughts, he wasn't dismissive of others efforts and debated the subject with dignity and respect, I feel sorry his good faith has been exploited.