Attendance N/A Not given

10 hours ago, The storm said:

To avoid paying corporation tax on profits maybe

Published attendances have nothing to do with that these days.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Warrington always publish their attendances, but they often also claim the team has turned up, when it clearly hasn’t. Not sure I’d trust the figures.

• Haha 2

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Because tax is liable on income (ie gate receipts) rather than printing a random number in League Express

Bingo

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Anyone who is that interested is more than free to put a freedom of information request in to the local authority. 

Clubs have to declare attendances (and actual attendances, not including ticket holders who don't show up) to the LA as part of the safety certificate. It's information that anyone can request. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Because tax is liable on income (ie gate receipts) rather than printing a random number in League Express

Corporation tax is liable on profit

On 27/06/2022 at 14:04, ShropshireBull said:

Needs to be washed away by IMG, if we don´t know crowds then how can we improve or highlight best practise. 

Who’s we? The clubs know their attendances, it’s just that you (like me) want to know what they are. 

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Then you already know who we is? Because if even step 5 non league football clubs can do it we should be able to as well. 

Who is we though? As you’ve already said you have no interest in helping any rugby league clubs out, despite all your ideas about how to grow them. 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Didnt i already say i would chip in with sponsoring a team in france with you and others but havent heard anything back?  Oh yes I did.  You continually quote comment me with questions that you already know the answer to and seem to try and hijack every thread with it . Its pretty cancerous for a discussion forum tbh. 

There wasn’t enough interest in that, only a handful of people said they would sadly. 

20 hours ago, Jughead said:

Has anyone attempted to ask clubs why they’re not giving out crowd figures? 

I thought that, I always get the Huddersfield figures by asking,.that's it it hasn't been published or announced.

I'm sure someone could email Widnes, Batley, Bradford etc and ask them why they don't publish attendances.

57 minutes ago, meast said:

I thought that, I always get the Huddersfield figures by asking,.that's it it hasn't been published or announced.

I'm sure someone could email Widnes, Batley, Bradford etc and ask them why they don't publish attendances.

I’ve just emailed Widnes and Batley. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnM said:

That's just not good enough from those clubs. 🤬

At least you had a go👍, when the forum norm is just to  criticise but not act.

To be fair I don’t think they have any obligation to respond, I did explain I’m just a fan who’s interested. Would have been nice of them to do so though. 

• 2 months later...
On 28/06/2022 at 12:39, whatmichaelsays said:

Anyone who is that interested is more than free to put a freedom of information request in to the local authority. 

Clubs have to declare attendances (and actual attendances, not including ticket holders who don't show up) to the LA as part of the safety certificate. It's information that anyone can request. 

Just a follow up, I put in a FOI to York council asking for attendance figures and have been told that information isn’t held by the council.

• Like 1

As an aside to this topic. Does it really matter if there's 1 fan there or 10,000 so long as the Club can survive? It would seem that some owners don't care that their clubs can't attract fans, whilst other clubs who aren't as fortunate as to have a sugar daddy, trip over themselves to attract fans.
London made little (if any) effort to attract fans to their new ground this year and instead relied on their owner to keep paying the bills.
It's a shame that Clubs like Bradford allowed themselves to be messed around by a series of owners which further alienated the fans, some of whom who had walked away when the club lost its SL status, but the drop in Bradford's attendances between 2012 and now show's what happens if you manage your fan relationship badly. Have these 8,500 fans from 2012 really been lost to the game, or is there a away to get them back?
I believe Barrow are to be applauded in terms of match day experience which is underlined by their growth of attendances this year to an average over 2,280 a hike of 10% on last year.

As I say, maybe it doesn't matter to the likes of Hughes at London, but it does beg the question of what happens to clubs once their sugar daddy is no longer able to prop them up.

Surely it can’t be difficult to divulge the attendance figure- at Leigh it is always announced before the end of the match. Every Championship gate was announced in the League Express last week apart from York’s, yet the football team’s home match against Bromley was given as 3,492. Rochdale is another club that don’t disclose crowds despite playing at the same ground as their football club who gave a figure of 2,173 for their home match last Tuesday, yet nothing disclosed for the Rugby game last Sunday. It doesn’t make sense.