Tour de France 2022 1st July to 24th July

Recorded the live coverage and have just finished watching the whole thing from start to finish. What a stage, one of the greatest day's racing I can ever remember.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The Galibier (again!), Croix de Fer and Alpe d'Huez on Bastille Day, can't wait to watch it just wish I was there.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, glossop saint said:

Great atmosphere on the Alp! Would be fantastic to be riding through that. 

Tom Pidcock certainly seemed to thrive on it. What a performance by him, the youngest ever rider to win on Alpe d'Huez and one of the greatest ever stage wins by any British cyclist. What a year he's had, winning Olympic gold in the mountain biking, the cyclo-cross world championship and a stage on his debut in the greatest bike race of all.

Geraint Thomas and Adam Yates still going really well in the GC battle too.

Thomas just doesn't have the aggressive attack in him, so he'll be 3rd.

Race for the top 2 is very lovely. Really enjoying this years tour and with a few hilly stages and 1 mega mountain left, i'm really looking forward to seeing them go at each other.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

23 hours ago, glossop saint said:

Great atmosphere on the Alp! Would be fantastic to be riding through that. 

Used to be the preserve of thousands of drunken Dutchmen but several nations seem to have joined in the fun and claimed a part of the alp. Cornel Cymru was a new one on me though. 

33 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Used to be the preserve of thousands of drunken Dutchmen but several nations seem to have joined in the fun and claimed a part of the alp. Cornel Cymru was a new one on me though. 

I've seen the tour a few times but not in the Alps. Definitely got to be a bucket list item.

Things going well for Fred Wright today, and I have Pedersen in my fantasy team so could be a good day.

28 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

I've seen the tour a few times but not in the Alps. Definitely got to be a bucket list item.

Things going well for Fred Wright today, and I have Pedersen in my fantasy team so could be a good day.

If you can I can't recommend going down to the Alps highly enough. The spectacle of the race combined with the mind blowing natural beauty is something I'll never forget. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MattSantos said:

These 2 are too good and they're so enjoyable to watch! Future of grand tour cycling is looking great.

Just like some of the legendary head-to-head battles of the past in the mountains, Pogacar vs Vingegaard will go down in cycling history.

Hats off to Geraint Thomas for doggedly hanging in there and protecting his podium place. 

2 hours ago, Ullman said:

Just like some of the legendary head-to-head battles of the past in the mountains, Pogacar vs Vingegaard will go down in cycling history.

Hats off to Geraint Thomas for doggedly hanging in there and protecting his podium place. 

There's a glimmer of hope that he's still in his 'comfort zone' in terms of how many times he's gone into the red and that he could challenge tomorrow. 

Only a glimmer as Pog v Vin are on a different level in terms of their explosiveness. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas