Match thread: Championship Rd 17. Featherstone Rovers v Newcastle. Saturday 2nd July 2022.

Agree with the other comments on here

Was bored from min 1-80 to be honest - felt like i was going through the motions as well as the team, something is definately not right, you could tell in the body language when they stood behind the sticks, no conversation or anything just waiting fir the opposistion to kick the goal

Its like they always knew they were better than them and could take them to the cleaners at any opportunity - “we will let you score but we will score 3 or 4 more after” sort of mentality 

No lessons have been learned overall for me and the testing opposistion we probably need wont be coming up in the next few weeks given its London & Haven the next two games, then its York at home before the bash, which mightve been a test but they could be busted given their next two games after this weekend are fax and batley so will we get anything before leigh?

Baffling Eseh did not get on considering it was a warm day 

Oh well

• Like 1

I don't want to sound negative about Saturday but the best bit of the match was catching up with the 07 lads in the bar after. The team spirit there was unquestionable. Jamie Field said that he loved playing for this club (bearing in mind he'd played for Leeds and Wakefield) and that the lads were a great set of lads. 11 of the 07 lads turned up and you could see how close they were. 

On 02/07/2022 at 21:32, haskey said:

You would have thought that with a 56-22 scoreline you would have gone home happy. Not so . The attack was more fluent and some good tries , but for 30 minutes they hardly touched the ball and  in 15 plus minutes before and after half time they scored 4 tries 2 with only 12 men on the field. They were unlucky not to score 2 more in the corner. A better team would have taken us to the cleaners ie Batley. they certainly learnt nothing about defence since last week. A very ugly and unsatisfactory win, and unless Mac sorts something out smartish this season is going to end as a damp squib. Towards the end they looked shattered.

On 03/07/2022 at 08:35, elppaxr2i said:

Agree with the other comments on here

Was bored from min 1-80 to be honest - felt like i was going through the motions as well as the team, something is definately not right, you could tell in the body language when they stood behind the sticks, no conversation or anything just waiting fir the opposistion to kick the goal

Its like they always knew they were better than them and could take them to the cleaners at any opportunity - “we will let you score but we will score 3 or 4 more after” sort of mentality 

No lessons have been learned overall for me and the testing opposistion we probably need wont be coming up in the next few weeks given its London & Haven the next two games, then its York at home before the bash, which mightve been a test but they could be busted given their next two games after this weekend are fax and batley so will we get anything before leigh?

Baffling Eseh did not get on considering it was a warm day 

Oh well

Both great posts. I've seen nothing in recent weeks to suggest we're going to be able to organise ourselves sufficiently in defence or attack to be able to challenge Leigh again this season, let alone some of our other close rivals if (as Batley did) they play well and with intensity, and it feels like we're going backwards. I'd love to be proved wrong but from what I'm seeing out on the pitch I'm no longer expecting anything from this season.

Add to this the Ford situation, which would be funny if not so disappointing. What a waste of money. At least Joey is getting out on the pitch, not that you'd notice at times.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

It's not been great recently, but there is still hope. We weren't that far behind Leigh in the final and hopefully we can reset and go again towards the end of the season. 

It's the hope that kills yer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam B said:

Both great posts. I've seen nothing in recent weeks to suggest we're going to be able to organise ourselves sufficiently in defence or attack to be able to challenge Leigh again this season, let alone some of our other close rivals if (as Batley did) they play well and with intensity, and it feels like we're going backwards. I'd love to be proved wrong but from what I'm seeing out on the pitch I'm no longer expecting anything from this season.

Add to this the Ford situation, which would be funny if not so disappointing. What a waste of money. At least Joey is getting out on the pitch, not that you'd notice at times.

I notice every time that Briscoe gets a walk-in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I notice every time that Briscoe gets a walk-in.

Yes we all do, but what's most noticeable is how infrequently it's happening, given the quality of the two players in question. Is that partly because Luke's having to do much more work to compensate for what we're not getting at times from Joey, which leads to an imbalance on the right hand side?