Halifax (H)

Wakefield Ram

19 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

We can only hope it's better than the away fixture. More than anything think it's psychological now. 

The Early scores they let in were appalling ,the nature of them. The first one a stupid fumble at full back. I think the week after that Halifax were thrashed by somebody.

Halifax looked good last night, but they had two players sent off who will receive lengthy bans.

Hopefully we will concentrate and give a much better performance.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

The Early scores they let in were appalling ,the nature of them. The first one a stupid fumble at full back. I think the week after that Halifax were thrashed by somebody.

Full backs do fumble balls. Even proper full backs do it! Fax got beat by Leigh at Leigh. Not unexpected really.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Halifax looked good last night, but they had two players sent off who will receive lengthy bans.

Any bans will be for the weeks after, not this weekend.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Looking forward to this one, I allus enjoy our trips over to Dewsbury. Barring injuries I think we should have the same team as last night and will take some stopping. Hopefully from a Fax point of view your new coach won't have started his magic yet but I hope after this game he can pull you round and keep you in this division. Up The Fax ❗🏉  🍺 😀 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Full backs do fumble balls. Even proper full backs do it! Fax got beat by Leigh at Leigh. Not unexpected really.

OF course they do. If you saw it like i did the fullback had loads of time.The team went on a steep downward motion then on.The game cost me 22 quid in ,a fiver for parking and a pint of dishwater.So forgive for a rant about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Fax have decided to give most of the team Sunday off and you still get 40 start on the coupon 😚

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

21 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Are there online or early bird tickets for this game? 🤔 

Don't get there too early or you'll be in Dewsbury's team!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

6 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Maybe we could try this on Sunday? Or will we just spend 5 tackles trying to barge over followed by our one handling move?

So you have decided already that a change of coach will alter nothing?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Judging by last Monday’s Barrow-Halifax match, it looks like we are in for another trouncing on Sunday. We’ll have no answer to Halifax’s potency.

Dewsbury 10-46 Halifax

FTS: Dixon

MoM: Turner

Att: 1028

Legs, Dews, Legs.

39 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Judging by last Monday’s Barrow-Halifax match, it looks like we are in for another trouncing on Sunday. We’ll have no answer to Halifax’s potency.

Dewsbury 10-46 Halifax

FTS: Dixon

MoM: Turner

Att: 1028

i hope not that bad.i can't stand another thrashing at home.This is turning into the worst season. in my many centuries of supporting Dews.For home matches,with the size of defeats.Even yonks ago when we were in the then first division. I think we won one. game,was it leeds .Phil artis rings a bell having a good game.

Fax are expecting and easy game, so a chance to surprise them...

By giving them one 😉

17 hours ago, silcoates said:

i hope not that bad.i can't stand another thrashing at home.This is turning into the worst season. in my many centuries of supporting Dews.For home matches,with the size of defeats.Even yonks ago when we were in the then first division. I think we won one. game,was it leeds .Phil artis rings a bell having a good game.

The highlight of Lewis Jones's coaching career, in front of a massive home crowd.

Once Jeff Grayshon became coach Phil Artis hardly played a game for us again.

Fax have won 10 of their last 11 games so nobody will be expecting anything other than a comprehensive defeat. The squad just announced offers no real incentive to believe otherwise, either.

Rams 10 - 38 Fax

Att: 955

6 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Fax have won 10 of their last 11 games so nobody will be expecting anything other than a comprehensive defeat. The squad just announced offers no real incentive to believe otherwise, either.

Rams 10 - 38 Fax

Att: 955

Scoreline about right, I would hope for a bigger crowd though. 😀