Sat 2nd-Sun 3rd Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

What about London 28-0 down at half time and win 36-28 against Sheffierld. Must have got foggy at one end in the second half because Sheffield couldn't see the try line.

Looks a bit like the Crusaders - Sheffield CC tie, where Sheffield were cruising at the hour mark and then just fell to pieces for no good reason and turned 50-0 into 50-30.

12 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Looks a bit like the Crusaders - Sheffield CC tie, where Sheffield were cruising at the hour mark and then just fell to pieces for no good reason and turned 50-0 into 50-30.

It was never 50-0.

50-10 I'll grant you.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Going to be a big battle now between Barrow and Bradford for the last play off spot, top 2 looks done and then very nice results for Fax today, I don't want to count our chickens but those shocks make 3rd look a pretty good bet given the remaining fixtures for each team. Fax at home to York and after today it probably makes it a must win for York obviously this is presuming that none of those 3 teams are able to beat Leigh or Fev in their remaining games.

Dewsbury have a huge task to stay in the division they just looks so poor. Fax rested players and really did not get out of 1st gear today and it were still like a training session. I just can't see where their wins are going to come from.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Seems with the scoring sequence Haven had lost it, then won it before finally drawing it.

And we almost won it again!! after the hooter that drop goal from 45 meters was flying over I blame the slope 😂

A well done today from me for Sammy Kabula for the Bulls , my MOM for the Bulls , without him it could have got even more ugly than it did , and a brilliant deft little grubber for the Bulls only score from him as well 

58 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It looked like a perfectly flat pitch to me with and even covering of grass

I must say it was a great ground to watch Rugby League on and the London crowd were very vocal

What's the transport situation like - is it just drive there and park up, or is it do-able by public transport from London?

7 minutes ago, JonM said:

What's the transport situation like - is it just drive there and park up, or is it do-able by public transport from London?

Very good. You have Ebbsfleet international station about 15 minutes walk away and bus services drive past the ground, but no idea of the bus numbers from Dartford and Gravesend. Another station called Northfleet is 5 minutes walk from the ground, but not every train stops there.

I went there from Maidstone where i was staying last night by train. Reading the info about the ground you can park at Ebbsfleet international for a fee, i think about £2 or £3 pound for about 3 hours or something like that. Again I'm staying in Kent tonight hence why I'm on this forum now and will return home tomorrow

43 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Very good. You have Ebbsfleet international station about 15 minutes walk away and bus services drive past the ground, but no idea of the bus numbers from Dartford and Gravesend. Another station called Northfleet is 5 minutes walk from the ground, but not every train stops there.

I went there from Maidstone where i was staying last night by train. Reading the info about the ground you can park at Ebbsfleet international for a fee, i think about £2 or £3 pound for about 3 hours or something like that. Again I'm staying in Kent tonight hence why I'm on this forum now and will return home tomorrow

Correct about Ebbsfleet station £3 and its a secure space (not that area is an issue). Very doable by public transport from London. Ebbsfleet trains are only from St Pancras (HS1 is quicker but more expensive). Traditional train lines out from London (Charing Cross/Waterloo East/London Bridge/Cannon Street) tend to stop at Dartford and need a change to Northfleet (not all of them). They take a bit longer (60 mins) from central London. Can probably use travelcard/oyster to Dartford but Nat Rail costs from there.  Neither Ebbsfleet or Northfleet are far from the ground. 

• Like 1

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

20 minutes ago, Southern Reiver said:

Correct about Ebbsfleet station £3 and its a secure space (not that area is an issue). Very doable by public transport from London. Ebbsfleet trains are only from St Pancras (HS1 is quicker but more expensive). Traditional train lines out from London (Charing Cross/Waterloo East/London Bridge/Cannon Street) tend to stop at Dartford and need a change to Northfleet (not all of them). They take a bit longer (60 mins) from central London. Can probably use travelcard/oyster to Dartford but Nat Rail costs from there.  Neither Ebbsfleet or Northfleet are far from the ground. 

Lets hope Fev supporters pick up on your post and turn up next week in numbers when they play the Broncos at Ebbsfleet FC

Today, we hosted Leigh ... the best team in the league. Nonetheless. we'd nearly beaten them in the Cup. We also had a bit of razzamatazz with a load of young kids from West Bowling RLC.

Crowd?: Poor.

Performance?: We were thoroughly put in our place by Leigh.  Rubbish in the first quarter and rubbish in the last quarter ...  in between, we did okay.

We're losing Ben Evans to Barrow and I reckon we'll have a clearout at the end of the season. Weve got a great set of young kids coming through and we won't win anything with the team we've got and the pitch we've got. I'd rather have the same sort of season with  Bradford young guns giving everything and a few older heads to guide them round the field.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

10 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Today, we hosted Leigh ... the best team in the league. Nonetheless. we'd nearly beaten them in the Cup. We also had a bit of razzamatazz with a load of young kids from West Bowling RLC.

Crowd?: Poor.

What was the gate btw as I have never seen Odsal as poorly populated and our following was decent also.

Really disappointed in your halves who only seemed interested in short kicks near to our line as the only attacking option - funny when one from a prop came off though

A complete realignment is needed in the interests of the game as Bradford is too much of a RL area to die slowly outside SL

Hopefully you make the 2x10’s in 2024 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

What was the gate btw as I have never seen Odsal as poorly populated and our following was decent also.

Really disappointed in your halves who only seemed interested in short kicks near to our line as the only attacking option - funny when one from a prop came off though

A complete realignment is needed in the interests of the game as Bradford is too much of a RL area to die slowly outside SL

Hopefully you make the 2x10’s in 2024 

We have stopped announcing crowds (or in some cases announcing inflated numbers) recently because they have become ambarrasingly low.  Saddly the Kear effect and the state of the stadium has really impacted the attendances this year.

• Like 1