Sun 3rd Jul: SL: Warrington Wolves v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/22 at 14:30

They scored 78 points between them with their wins in the last round.  It should be a cracker.

• Haha 7

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Home advantage and the carry over from their last outing would suggest the Wolves.

The level of criticism aimed at the Wolves win has been a bit silly, there was lots good about it and the match is one of the million ways RL comes packaged inside.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I’m actually able to make a rare attendance at this one. Which absolutely guarantees it to be a loss for Warrington, unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing Wardle and maybe a few more young players make their debuts though. I suspect they’ll not do much behind a pack like our current one, especially with Philbin gone. I think Williams may be missing for a while too.

10-38 to a confident Salford.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

Which absolutely guarantees it to be a loss for Warrington, unfortunately.

Excellent, hope it's true!

6 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Excellent, hope it's true!

I haven’t made it to the ground yet. You’d better hope the M6 isn’t busy! 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Who knows, I don't !?!

Do you. . ......really?

Would you bet on it?

I wouldn't!!

OK then ... Warrington 0 Salford 1

Golden goal...I'll take it!!!

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

1 hour ago, Pete Grady said:

Who knows, I don't !?!

Do you. . ......really?

Would you bet on it?

I wouldn't!!

OK then ... Warrington 0 Salford 1

Golden goal...I'll take it!!!

A repeat of the Floodlit Trophy final from 1975 with added golden point.

• Like 1

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

21 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

I’m actually able to make a rare attendance at this one. Which absolutely guarantees it to be a loss for Warrington, unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing Wardle and maybe a few more young players make their debuts though. I suspect they’ll not do much behind a pack like our current one, especially with Philbin gone. I think Williams may be missing for a while too.

10-38 to a confident Salford.

What's up with Williams? 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

What's up with Williams? 

Supposed to have been for a scan after a knock last week. But seems he’ll be in the squad after all which is good news.

No Ashton though, so I guess Wardle may come straight in on the wing. 

1 minute ago, Desert Skipper said:

Supposed to have been for a scan after a knock last week. But seems he’ll be in the squad after all which is good news.

No Ashton though, so I guess Wardle may come straight in on the wing. 

Yeah saw the WG said Philbon, Amor and Ashton out. 

Wonder if he'll stick with Matautia at half back seeing as it was such an attacking success last week. 

21 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yeah saw the WG said Philbon, Amor and Ashton out. 

Wonder if he'll stick with Matautia at half back seeing as it was such an attacking success last week. 

Strangely, Powell said this week about Ratchford’s contract extension that ‘I see him as being a half-back next year’ so I’m not sure why he was at centre last week? Maybe he was more comfortable with Ratchford’s defence on the left, after King had been pretty poor in that respect for a few weeks.

22 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Strangely, Powell said this week about Ratchford’s contract extension that ‘I see him as being a half-back next year’ so I’m not sure why he was at centre last week? Maybe he was more comfortable with Ratchford’s defence on the left, after King had been pretty poor in that respect for a few weeks.

Yeah, I worry now with Ratch at half back, we've tried it before and he's just never been creative enough to do it well. Maybe if Dufty signs and offers a threat from 1 then it could work, but I'm not convinced. 

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, I worry now with Ratch at half back, we've tried it before and he's just never been creative enough to do it well. Maybe if Dufty signs and offers a threat from 1 then it could work, but I'm not convinced. 

It's not just about Wolves on Sunday Dave.

I admit resign Ratch the RED and Sign Duffy does sound a bit odd and I don't know if it's the Wolves or the Coach but there is little doubt you'll be monstering more or less every pack next year.

I still have you down for the win on Sunday, sadly.

10 minutes ago, Oxford said:

It's not just about Wolves on Sunday Dave.

I admit resign Ratch the RED and Sign Duffy does sound a bit odd and I don't know if it's the Wolves or the Coach but there is little doubt you'll be monstering more or less every pack next year.

I still have you down for the win on Sunday, sadly.

Who knows with us this year? Every time we have grounds for optimimismbwebolay appallingly the following week. And let's be honest it's not like last week was huge grounds for optimism!

Just now, Dave T said:

Who knows with us this year? Every time we have grounds for optimimismbwebolay appallingly the following week. And let's be honest it's not like last week was huge grounds for optimism!

The game last week was a real war of attrition and when the sides were making ground generally the Wolves goal line defense was superb. So plenty to work on and from Dave and there was two points from it as well.

As for this week next week that's true with both sides on Sunday.

Goal line + home advantage should do it Dave especially when you add a few young guns desperate to make a name and prove themselves.

I think you might've caught us up on the injury front though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

I haven’t made it to the ground yet. You’d better hope the M6 isn’t busy! 

That's it, promise the world and then take it all away!

Although I think this is cruel I had to laugh at one of the tweet over the Dorries gaff

"I've been a Rugby League fan since I saw Warrington win the Grand Final"

• Haha 3