Sun 3rd Jul: SL: Warrington Wolves v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/22 at 14:30

1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

how come you went south african partway through that tweet?

It was Nigerian, get yourself educated. 

• Thanks 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Dean recalled from York, so I guess there is still a doubt over Williams’ fitness. Or maybe his long kicking game.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Warrington 32 Salford 16. 

We've beaten them once at the HJ already this season, we can do it again!

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

On 01/07/2022 at 22:57, Wilderspoolmemories said:

Warrington 32 Salford 16. 

We've beaten them once at the HJ already this season, we can do it again!

I pointed this out elsewhere and Wolves still have the edge because they didn't have a training run out for a match last time out, as well as being at home!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 01/07/2022 at 11:01, Oxford said:

That's it, promise the world and then take it all away!

Well, I’m not going to make the match after all. So you may not get your wish of a win!

Been called out to work at 5am and won’t be back til about 7pm. Shame as this was one of the few matches I was able to attend. 

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

Well, I’m not going to make the match after all. So you may not get your wish of a win!

Been called out to work at 5am and won’t be back til about 7pm. Shame as this was one of the few matches I was able to attend. 

I'm only sorry you'll lose the opportunity to go to a match TBH. I looked at Wolves squad and in spite of reported injuries that's a fine line up.

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

Clash of the titans this one.

It's a shame that RL fans, pundits and journalists don't see all RL matches in this way.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

The cliche is now definitely old hat 

I've said it once and I'll say it again, avoid clichés like the plague.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our pack has been hammered by many all season but I think they're due their credit now.

Ormondroyd has been outstanding all season, Gerrard has been an extremely solid addition capable of playing big minutes and Dupree looks to be a revelation. Even Akauola made 2 vital defensive efforts today.

We're holding our own through the middle despite our best prop forward being out for the season allowing the backs to show their talent.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Our pack has been hammered by many all season but I think they're due their credit now.

Ormondroyd has been outstanding all season, Gerrard has been an extremely solid addition capable of playing big minutes and Dupree looks to be a revelation. Even Akauola made 2 vital defensive efforts today.

We're holding our own through the middle despite our best prop forward being out for the season allowing the backs to show their talent.

Ormondroyd must be knocking on the international call up door, consistently outstanding, tbf Salford are not that far off from being a top six side.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I see that flimsy backbone returns after last week's milling of Hull. 

Yesterday's result put last week's game in prospective, today was 2 poor defensive teams(non existent) and SRD a better attack. Only Cooper shows any glimpse of being a decent forward. Holmes, Mulhern, and the rest are not even average. 

1 minute ago, DG70 said:

Ormondroyd must be knocking on the international call up door, consistently outstanding, tbf Salford are not that far off from being a top six side.

Are trying to gauge anything against that Warrington defence I am in my 60s and would fancy my chances to impress against Warrington. And for top six if wire had won today they would be banging on the door of the top 6 the standard this season is a new all time low if TO were not in the league we would be fighting a relegation battle with SRD and wakey. 

42 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Are trying to gauge anything against that Warrington defence I am in my 60s and would fancy my chances to impress against Warrington. And for top six if wire had won today they would be banging on the door of the top 6 the standard this season is a new all time low if TO were not in the league we would be fighting a relegation battle with SRD and wakey. 

Hmmm! Toulouse ARE in the league and Warrington ARE in that relegation battle - as are we. If you are not careful and do not show your fellow strugglers some respect, it could be Warrington's year at last - for the wrong reason!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.