Sat 2nd Jul: SL: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 15:00 (UK time) (Sky)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/22 at 14:30

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Usually a tight, hard fought game. Looks like Cats have lost a few through injury while Saints get a couple back from suspension (Mata'utia & Bell).

Probably one of the strongest Saints teams of the year if Percival is back (big if). We could be in a position where only Dodd is missing.

Big decision by Woolf on Bennison vs Hopoate. Bennison looked good vs Leeds and playing in the next 3 games would be a big step for his progression, but may be too much too soon.

Three big fixtures coming up for Saints in Catalans, Wigan and Hudds  - a couple of wins and we’ll probably have the opportunity to glide through the rest of the season with top 2 pretty secure, handing out a few rests here and there.

On the other hand we could find ourselves in a dogfight.

I fancy Saints to win this weekend and next but lose to Hudds.

Edited by FearTheVee

2 hours ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

Probably one of the strongest Saints teams of the year if Percival is back (big if). We could be in a position where only Dodd is missing.

Big decision by Woolf on Bennison vs Hopoate. Bennison looked good vs Leeds and playing in the next 3 games would be a big step for his progression, but may be too much too soon.

Definately missing are Dodd & LMS

Definately back are Mata'utia & Bell

50/50 for playing are Percival & Hopate

Personally if Percy is still out i'd put Mata'utia in the centres. For me Hopate can stay back in England, much rather stick with Bennison at FB.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

It’s been a bit of a bogey ground for Saints over the years, they’ve lost five of the last twelve in Perpignan and I’d be surprised if they had that kind of record at many other grounds, given recent dominance. That said, it’s only this year; after the defeat at Toulouse, where they’ve travelled over on the Friday, not doing the trip in a day, and that seems to have worked the two times since that they’ve played in France. 

Woolf's comments suggest no Percival or LMS this week and I doubt Hopoate will be risked.

Impressed with us last week but now begins a really tough run, each of the other top 4 sides in a 3 week spell.

A massive test. Would be an incredible effort to win them all, but I'm not expecting too. Catalans injury blows maybe tip the scales towards us on Saturday though.

22 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Definately missing are Dodd & LMS

Definately back are Mata'utia & Bell

50/50 for playing are Percival & Hopate

Personally if Percy is still out i'd put Mata'utia in the centres. For me Hopate can stay back in England, much rather stick with Bennison at FB.

Neither Percival or Hopoate have made the squad so it looks like being a virtually same team as last week with the only decision is putting Mata'utia at centre in place of Davies or to start him in the 2nd row and move Sironen onto the bench.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 29/06/2022 at 22:54, Chris22 said:

Woolf's comments suggest no Percival or LMS this week and I doubt Hopoate will be risked.

Impressed with us last week but now begins a really tough run, each of the other top 4 sides in a 3 week spell.

A massive test. Would be an incredible effort to win them all, but I'm not expecting too. Catalans injury blows maybe tip the scales towards us on Saturday though.

Might change my view since we have four of our first choice backs missing!

Wtf is this Napa guy supposed to be? Complete person who I hold in very low esteem.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.